• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

really wanna see if mason can get into their team as he has done nothing to warrant the hype on this board. failed at yeovil, millwall, and doncaster. at 21/22 he needs to prove he can play grown mans football

really wanna see if mason can get into their team as he has done nothing to warrant the hype on this board. failed at yeovil, millwall, and doncaster. at 21/22 he needs to prove he can play grown mans football

didnt fail at yeovil at all

didnt fail at yeovil at all

I saw him play at brighton when he was with doncaster and he did well got an assist with a lovely cross from the right hand side and showed good movement before going off injured.

Think that has been his biggest problem to date is that he gets injuries quite a lot on his loan spells. He has good technique and would be great if he could come through because having seen him and livermore at lower league level i can say hand on heart mason is twice the player of livermore, who i do actually like. So if we bring him through right we could have an interesting player on our hand.

Might have been you adam or someone else but someone said the other day that our players may come through later then players at other clubs but we are working more on skill levels then we did in the past.

Gomes made an arse of himself coming out for a cross tonight playing for Hoffenheim

The goalkeeping situation at Hoffenheim is a bit strange. Tim Weise joined in the summer and was made captain. He's been made the spacegoat for the team's poor performances (to be fair he's had a few himself); lost the captain's armband, dropped, and now not even in the squad anymore.

If Gomes keeps up his form, he could soon be back in the team though. Both goals Hoffenheim have conceded since his move have been his fault.

Freiburg game.

Hannover 96 game.

how about that McEvoy fella (bale lookalike) ... was touted as a bale replica, is his performance on the pitch anything close?

how about that McEvoy fella (bale lookalike) ... was touted as a bale replica, is his performance on the pitch anything close?

Our top scorer at U-18 level...

A1705_zps9ab32b56.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, NextGen (U-19s) & Academy (U-18s) 2012-13

Who has been touting him as a Bale replica other than his looks? I've only seen him in one game in the NextGen, his playing style looked much more like Lennon to me.

Anyone know how dawkins is getting on at villa? i find it odd he is still on our books, i guess this loan will tell us if he can ever do a job for us.

Probably we're just keeping Dawkins in the hope that he will do well enough on one of his loans for someone to pay £500k or something like that for him. I think there was an article about him while he was in the MLS and he was making less in a year than some of our players make in a week so it's not that expensive for us to have him around, probably the clubs he goes on loan to pay most of his wages anyway.

I sincerely doubt that at 25 we still think he'll break into our side, but it probably makes sense from a business perspective. I also think it makes some sense from a footballing perspective to not just release players that aren't good enough, but show some support and help them out finding a new club etc. At least as long as their attitude is good, show some of the younger kids that we won't just chuck them out the door if they don't make it and that if they keep working hard good things can happen to them.

Didn't we release him already when he was younger?

I believe he then got an injury so we signed him again and helped him out etc, gave him a loan to Orient then to the MLS etc. I could be mistaken though.

Back