• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Transfer poll

24380747.jpg

Thats it! :lol: Except we arent City :-k

Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I've YouTubed Moutinho again, so if Levy doesn't deliver I'll throw my ST at him.

Indeed.

If you look at our first choice back four as:

Walker - Kaboul - Gallas - Assou-Ekotto

And our second as:

Naughton - Dawson - Caulker - Vertonghen

Then I'd say that makes fairly nice reading :)

Albeit slightly confusing why Vertonghen only makes the second string team and not in his favoured position.

Will there? After £25m spent on Moutinho how much to you suppose is left in the pot?

Im not turning my nose up at Moutinho (I think he is a fabulous player and had him as #1 choice to replace Modric), Im just utterly baffled at signing him (if we do), Dembele and Sigurdsson in one window when (considering the squad already in place) it basically dictates one (or more) of them is on the bench.

Whilst using that money on CM when we have gravely pressing need in wing and forward positions

If we sign Moutinho too i'm pretty sure AVB plans to play Dembele as the wing forward. He can play that role far more effective than Lennon imo but i'd rather him as a cm of course.

If we sign Moutinho too i'm pretty sure AVB plans to play Dembele as the wing forward. He can play that role far more effective than Lennon imo but i'd rather him as a cm of course.

As a wing forward I see him as quite similar to Lennon to be honest, will dribble and supply very well but wont offer goal threat of his own...

Indeed.

If you look at our first choice back four as:

Walker - Kaboul - Gallas - Assou-Ekotto

And our second as:

Naughton - Dawson - Caulker - Vertonghen

Then I'd say that makes fairly nice reading :)

Im glad you like it. Id love to be as optimist as you. Looking at the mess vs Wba, id change a couple.

people need to get the idea that Gylfi the most forward of all our midfielders. He plays behind the striker, period. He is not a box to box player, he is not a playmaker, he is simply a younger version of VDV. To say that Dembele, Mautinho and him are pretty similar is simply wrong

dont forget he played as a striker mostly at Reading!

moutinho meant to be a done deal tonight. hope we're still gonna have some forwards for this midfield oozing with class to supply

On the BBC Football site there is a transfer rumour that Stole are trying to buy Charlie Adam, if that happens then I'm really not looking forward to our away tie against them!!

On the BBC Football site there is a transfer rumour that Stole are trying to buy Charlie Adam, if that happens then I'm really not looking forward to our away tie against them!!

would play them with the reserves just to protect our most valuable players

League cup draw, europa cup draw, final 2 days of the transfer window..

It's going to be fun..

Back