• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Transfer poll

The following is guess work and nothing else...

Out

Kranjcar = 5.8m and 40k wage
Corluka = 5.5m and 35k wage
Bassong = 3.5m and 35k wage
Saha = free and 30k wage
Modric = 32m and 60k wage
King = Free and 40k wage
Pienaar = 4.5m and 50k wage
Nelsen = Free and 20k wage

Total = 51.3m in transfer fees and 310k p/w in wages

Ins

Sigurddson 8m and 55k wage
Vertonghen 10m and 45k wage
Adebayor 5m and 100k wage
Dembele 15m and 50k wage

Total = 38m in transfer fees and 250k p/w in wages.

As i said pure guess work based on reports and talent. Just trying to figure out how much we've still got in the kitty really.

Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I see Blackburn have agreed a deal worth £8mil for Jordan Rhodes. GHod DAMN IT Levy, how did you let that one slip through.

Possibly not the player for us but a lot of dogs sniffing at that one last season. Blackburn did very very well there, and should be able to spin that story well for their fans.

regarding Berbatov getting on a plane for Fiorintina but never arriving - didn't he play the same trick on Emirates Marketing Project, cos Fergie met him at the airport?

Possibly not the player for us but a lot of dogs sniffing at that one last season. Blackburn did very very well there, and should be able to spin that story well for their fans.

regarding Berbatov getting on a plane for Fiorintina but never arriving - didn't he play the same trick on Emirates Marketing Project, cos Fergie met him at the airport?
Allegedley, and Emanuel Petit did it to us...
LOL@Fiorentina for sending over some cash for a player that hadn't signed.

Just can't see how Moutinho makes any sense after getting Dembele, I really can't. Obviously Rafa will be off, but I think getting another striker that can play upfront alone is far more important than getting yet another deep lying thinking midfield player in.

Obviously we will have depth. Obviously we will be able to rotate. It's just...I can't see why players the calibre of Dembele have joined to be squad options.

As a wing forward I see him as quite similar to Lennon to be honest, will dribble and supply very well but wont offer goal threat of his own...

Personally i think he bricks on Lennon in terms of goal threat. His finishing or lack of it is also exaggerated on here. He gets himself in good positions and strikes the ball very well. Is he a bad finisher? he's similar to Luis Suarez in terms of finishing imo, so basically he's not the best in terms of finishing for a striker but he's an excellent finisher for a player that will play cm or a supporting withdrawn role on the right.

Out

Bassong = 3.5m and 35k wage
Saha = free and 30k wage
Modric = 32m and 60k wage
King = Free and 40k wage

Total = 51.3m in transfer fees and 310k p/w in wages

Ins

Dembele 15m and 50k wage

As i said pure guess work based on reports and talent. Just trying to figure out how much we've still got in the kitty really.

think King would have been close to our maximum for the final part of his time here mate

but that probably compensates if you have gone over for a few players i guess

Why wouldn't we buy Moutinho if we can afford him.

By my reckoning we have bought in around £45m and spent £38m....

We would have a decent wedge of last seasonsTV money coming in an minimal compensation to Harry and his crew.

Us paying out £25M for moutinho could easily be financed by TV money.

We're also after selling/offlaoding a.n.other in Daws or Hudd or Jenas or Bentle or all of them!!!! That's potentially a lo if cash back in even at a loss and we may well sell VDV too

I'd expect our wing cover to be a loan player with a point to prove e.g. Affelay.

One thing that I find intriguing is the idea that we will defiantly play 4-3-3, based on AVBs history of playing that system....for all of about 3 seasons in total IIRC!!!! And that may well be to do with the players he had rather than choice. I'm not saying that he doesn't want us to play that system but to assume it based on his brief career so far may be short sighted.

Bu hey it's Spurs and if you can work it out for real your either a genius or a liar

We wont spend 25m on Moutinho. I cant see that happening.

normally I would agree with you but when Portuguese journalist Pedro Pinto tweets about it one has to take it a little more serious than the likes of the numerous attention seeking journalist out there

Allegedley, and Emanuel Petit did it to us...
LOL@Fiorentina for sending over some cash for a player that hadn't signed.

Allegedly Berbatov spent his gap year interrailing, all at the expense of Hamburg.
He blew them off for Leverkusen. Didn't even send a postcard.

akqayid ‏@akqayid
Question for everyone.... What's the name of the island they go to on a date in 'take me out'? Just the name please....

lol fudge me

I don't care if most think we need him or not, I want Moutinho now. I think he is outstanding.

moutinho meant to be a done deal tonight.
No I don't think so mate

Pedro Pinto said on Twitter he heard from a source close to Porto that it would happen within 24 hours. Then he said that the player and Spurs want it to happen. But didn't say that Porto want it to happen and that is key.

Out

Bassong = 3.5m and 35k wage - was recently in Norfolk and was told by quite a few Norwich supporters that it's 5.5M
Saha = free and 30k wage - wages would have been a lot higher IMO
Modric = 32m and 60k wage - think the cash am be lower nearer £28M
King = Free and 40k wage - think he was out top paid player according to Davvo (when he was there) which would mean double that almost

Total = 51.3m in transfer fees and 310k p/w in wages - think the wages based on my assumptions are much higher

Ins

Dembele 15m and 50k wage

Nice work though and exactly what I've been tryin to work out in m head (hence forgetting Pienaar)

Fernando Luiz Rosa or simply Fernandinho (meaning 'Little Fernando') was born May 4, 1985 in Londrina, Brazil and is a footballer who currently plays for Shakhtar Donetsk. He is well known for his blistering pace and ability to shoot from long distances.
He is described as a "a defensive midfielder with a box to box style of play, contributing in large part to the defense and the attack. With a powerful shot and great passing range, Fernandinho has played in important part in breaking up opposition attacks and creating goal scoring opportunities."

кεεℓу ‏@jaffacakes
@jetsetyid A well connected Portuguese journo is saying Moutinho to Spurs within the next 24 hours. Any truth?

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
@jaffacakes I'm sure he would love it but unless Porto take a massive haircut it will not happen.

I don't care if most think we need him or not, I want Moutinho now. I think he is outstanding.

Despite being baffled by what this might mean in terms of the squad etc I am in complete agreement with you on this. Would be an epic statement.

Fernando Luiz Rosa or simply Fernandinho (meaning 'Little Fernando') was born May 4, 1985 in Londrina, Brazil and is a footballer who currently plays for Shakhtar Donetsk. He is well known for his blistering pace and ability to shoot from long distances.
He is described as a "a defensive midfielder with a box to box style of play, contributing in large part to the defense and the attack. With a powerful shot and great passing range, Fernandinho has played in important part in breaking up opposition attacks and creating goal scoring opportunities."

so basically the same player as Mautinho

Back