• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had in my team last season. Took him out 2 days before we played Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home....you see a theme growing here!

haha - hence I got him in my team.

I told you - im doing a Spurs and giving all you jokers a game head start

Ade has gone off on one at Arsenal fans tonight on Twitter. Fairly good read.

I know the mature thing to say would be 'he shouldn't bite' but he makes a good point. They want the club to be shown respect but don't offer it themselves. He is right.

Modric out: £35mill

Ade IN: £5mill
Moutinho: £30mill

Think this is the second time I've agreed wtih Bale in 2 days!

THe above is exactly how I expect the rest of the window to pan out for us (aside from selling some dead wood)

Ade in
Moutinho in
Modric out

Then levy on deadline day to not be able to resist a bargain and sign some cover for the wings

I think Ade will be announced tomorrow.

GHod I hope so. Would love to see some resolution to the Modric saga by next weekend too. Either we sell him and have the replacement done and dusted, or he has a deadline set for the sale sometime this week.

I want deadline day to be for us selling/loaning out the deadwood, and maybe a Levy surprise (Back up GK or a RWF), not us still trying to tie up deals for Ade and a new midfielder

Anyone who says they 'arent excited' about Ade signing permanently need a fudging reality check.

The guy scored 18 goals and got 11 assists for us. He was SO important to involving the likes of VDV, Bale & Lennon in our attacking play.

I tell you what, i'd prefer Ade to Llorente, llorente is unproven in the PL, and doesnt have a particularly good scoring record considering he plays in a weaker league!

I'll be over the moon if we get Ade!!

Anyone who says they 'arent excited' about Ade signing permanently need a fudging reality check.

The guy scored 18 goals and got 11 assists for us. He was SO important to involving the likes of VDV, Bale & Lennon in our attacking play.

I tell you what, i'd prefer Ade to Llorente, llorente is unproven in the PL, and doesnt have a particularly good scoring record considering he plays in a weaker league!

Excitement can mean different things depending on the context. But in terms of Ade signing I think his signing will be one of the most important ones we can make. Very few players available to us at his level, and at will be a bargain at the prices mooted. He was a vital part of us finishing 4th last season and don't see any reason to doubt his effectiveness this year.

There's no way we'll pay £30m for Moutinho, regardless of what Luka goes for.

I guess this will show how far Levy will go to support AVB. If the deals are structured somewhat the same, it wouldn't really make a difference would it? Except Levy would probably have sleepless nights for the next year if he had to pay that much.

I know his strengths and I know he is proven and he is what we need

It's just not exciting any more though, because he's been dangled in front of us for 2 months now and been "done" 6 times, and we could have had him before last weekend, so it just feels flat compared to how it should feel.

I suppose I will feel relieved and mildly satisfied, rather than excited/over the moon

There's no way we'll pay £30m for Moutinho, regardless of what Luka goes for.

This. I can't see Levy doing that, ever.

Anybody know anything about that Benat guy from Betis? Somebody mentioned him some time ago, scored a good goal and had an assist against Bilbao today.

I think what worries a lot of people about Ade is the thought that once he has a firm contract we might start seeing a lazier one than last seasons version who was keen to impress possibly playing for a move.

I'm in the camp that will be happy to see him sign. Yes, he had games where he floated out of the action a bit too much at times. But you cant argue with his goal and assists record, he was a massive asset to us last season

Roberto Mancini has confirmed that England winger Adam Johnson was left out of Emirates Marketing Project's squad to face Southampton in order to help him find a new club.

Johnson made it clear earlier this week that he was not happy to sit on the bench at City, and he has been strongly linked with moves away from the club.

Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Sunderland are among a host of clubs linked with the 25-year-old.

And Mancini admits he is now ready to let Johnson leave, with reports linking City with a move for Swansea City's Scott Sinclair as a direct replacement.

"Adam is a young guy, he is a good player and he wants to play," said Mancini.

"In these 10 days, if we find a good solution for him and he can go to play, maybe it is better.

"I don't know about a loan. We have two or three situations. We are talking with him about this.

"But if he stays here I don't have a problem."

Back