• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i wonder if Ade has reported back for training at City....the rest of the players returned yesterday

Barcelona-based paper SPORT is convinced that the Nou Camp club will look to fund a €25million for the Dutchman by selling David Villa

Rather predictably, Robin van Persie's statement that he wishes not to renew his contract at Arsenal has sparked a transfer frenzy across Europe.

Juventus are thought to have bid in their continued search for a striker that has also seen them linked with Luis Suarez , but following their purchases of Mauricio Isla, Kwadwo Asamoah and the remaining 50% of Sebastian Giovinco's contract, the Turin club are thought not to have the funds to bring the Gunners' captain to Italy.

Emirates Marketing Project's interest is no secret with City players encouraging Roberto Mancini to go for the Netherlands hitman.

SPORT claims that Paris Saint-Germain are "desperate" to find a partner for new signing Ezequiel Lavezzi, but the Catalan paper thinks that Barcelona could well use the fact that both Juve and PSG are searching for a striker to their advantage, in the hunt for van Persie's signature.

While conceding that the Nou Camp club cannot compete on a financial level with Carlo Ancelotti's Qatari-backed transfer fund, SPORT insists that the Dutchman would much prefer a move to the Blaugrana.

The suggestion is that to provide PSG with a forward, and to fill their coffers sufficiently, they will sell Spain forward David Villa to the Parisians or Juventus, in order that they could make a move for van Persie:

"The interest of PSG and Juventus [in Villa] still has not translated into anything concrete, but there is no doubt that an offer of €25million and the predisposition of the player for a change of scenery would have a tremendous effect.

"From there, and always counting on the complicity of van Persie, it is considered that this €25m brought in from the exit of el guaje (Villa) would be more than enough to convince Arsenal to agree to a deal."

The boardroom civil war at Arsenal has not gone unnoticed, and the paper also claims that van Persie dreams of a move to one of the big two Spanish clubs, potentially being willing to see out his contract until 2013 if a deal cannot be reached this summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-to-barcelona-david-1134809

Apparently we're only paying €8m(£6.4m) for Vertonghen.

Daniel-Levy-Tottenham.jpg

football news @FootballFooty

Manchester United HAVE accepted QPR's £5 million offer for Ji-Sung Park.

RM & Man U were only mentioned later. Whatever. I genuinely dont care.

My comment was merely a thowaway flipant one. I really cant be arsed to get into an argument bigging up Man U etc.

IF (thats for you Wriggers) Modric does leave, then how about this geezer from Real Betis. He did impress whenever i got the chance to see him last season

I introduce to you ......Benat

[video=youtube;FF_bqmggbz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_bqmggbz0[/video]

If Modric goes to PSG I'll lose a fair dollop of respect for him.

Park is better than £5m and better than QPR.

I really don't know why people are having canaries about Vert. It's been 100% nailed-on for weeks. Relax.

We have enough workhorses in Sandro, Parker and Livermore.

I love creative and attackminded midfielders, so i hope Park is not considered.

Mick Kennelly @officialMKcoys
I know I touched on this on Wednesday but JV has forgone in excess of €600,000 to ensure he moves to #spurs That's desire over money #coys

Geezer on Ssn says verts will go through today with a medical next week.
And ade's in the Balence. Not wages but city want 5 mil for him

Back