• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who else can we get thats better, would fit into our wage structure and wouldnt have CL teams after them? Cant think of many (or any)

But Adebayor doesn't fit into our wage structure. If we're gonna splash out big wages it should be for a special player.
Leandro for instance will cost less than Adebayor when we add the wages and fees up over 3 seasons. And he could sold on for a profit.

Lack of competition wouldn't of helped. On his day he's unplayable whilst others he look's like he's not interested.

I think he is rated mainly because of how his game provided the missing link to our attack which had been crying out for a lone striker type under Harry and we improved with his addition certainly the first half of last season.

This really. He fit perfectly into our team. Could have been more clinical yes, but we won't find many that are a good fit and more clinical within our range.

But Adebayor doesn't fit into our wage structure. If we're gonna splash out big wages it should be for a special player.
Leandro for instance will cost less than Adebayor when we add the wages and fees up over 3 seasons. And he could sold on for a profit.

have you watched Leandro that much? genuine question.

everytime i've seen him his first touch is worse than Crouch's and his finishing is abysmal. could be wrong tho

At 5m there is plenty of room for manoeuvre on wages/sign on fees etc. Simply our best striker since Berbatov, works for the team, likes the place, no settling in time, scores goals, makes goals. This is a no brainer for me.

He's a 20mil striker and if all we did was flog him on again at the end of the season we'll be better off.

£5m is silly money for him, get him in with another to get some competition going and he will be motivated to do even more. SIGN HIM UP DANNY!!!!!

We have enough workhorses in Sandro, Parker and Livermore.

I love creative and attackminded midfielders, so i hope Park is not considered.

experienced at the TOP TOP level, pop's up with important goals and can play in a number of positions to change shape when chasing a game or closing a game out - yes please.

none of the ones you mentioned can do that (maybe Sandro a little? has the potential)

i'd take Park for two years @ 5m in a heart beat

There's no way Park would be half the player without Ferguson. He has an amazing touch with players like him.

have you watched Leandro that much? genuine question.

everytime i've seen him his first touch is worse than Crouch's and his finishing is abysmal. could be wrong tho

agree with you about Leandro....i really dont see what the hype is, but as he is young he has the chance to improve i guess

Not sure how true this Levy turning down 5m rumour is?? Thats an absolute steal!! He sold Kranky for the same and Corluka for more.... fudge me he sold pav or 8 or 9!?

He's just playing hard ball, he knows that Emirates Marketing Project don't want him, need him off the wage bill, need to ship out strikers, we'll announce Ade signing for £1.5m next week :D

At 5m there is plenty of room for manoeuvre on wages/sign on fees etc. Simply our best striker since Berbatov, works for the team, likes the place, no settling in time, scores goals, makes goals. This is a no brainer for me.

He's a 20mil striker and if all we did was flog him on again at the end of the season we'll be better off.

This. Adebayor may look frustrating at times, but he keeps a whole defense busy with his presence, and he's capable of scoring and assisting, as he showed last season. Would be an absolute steal for £5M. I honestly think we could give £15M for him and still be happy about making a good deal.

Who: Archibald
Where: SO
When: 6th July 2012

More regarding update 192 regarding staff incoming.

Archibald was asked today:
So you're saying we'll know who the rest of the coaching staff are going to be archie??

Archibald:
"Yes. A football genius maybe"

IF (thats for you Wriggers) Modric does leave, then how about this geezer from Real Betis. He did impress whenever i got the chance to see him last season

I introduce to you ......Benat

[video=youtube;FF_bqmggbz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_bqmggbz0[/video]

His movement and close ball control skills and getting out of tight situations reminds me of Modric very much.

Back