• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scott Mulligan@ScottMulligan82
Harry Redknapp has NOT left Tottenham. Talks with DL are ongoing and not expected to conclude till after Euros #thfc #COYS

Who: Archibald
When: 12th June
Where: SO

In a thread about Harry meeting with Levy, people began to doubt some of the current ITK

Originally posted by a user on SO:
I won't doubt it when Peanut, Archi, Jjetset or POTL confirm. All the same, their silence is condemning.

Archie simply states

gawn

He then added: it was gone

The rumours and smoke I believe are true

Could be one or two managerial names available once teams starting crashing out of the euros. Not many I'd take though.

Robert Green is set to join QPR after agreeing a ?ú50,000-a-week deal to move across London.

Wigan's Mohamed Diame is in a second round of talks about a move to West Ham United.

Scott Mulligan@ScottMulligan82
Harry Redknapp has NOT left Tottenham. Talks with DL are ongoing and not expected to conclude till after Euros #thfc #COYS

:rolleyes:

This is such a stupid place to be in if true. It would have been so simple to get it over and done with before the Euros.

ESPN reporting that Harry Redknapp has angrily denied rumours that he has quit #Tottenham. Quote: "This is an outrage. It's not true."

If you read the quote he never states he will stay. The statement 'i have one more year on my contract. why would i resign?' signals to me he will be off with a nice pay off. After reading the quotes i think more than ever he will be gone very soon. But can i state this is not ITK only my opinion!!!!

Redknapp told ESPN: "No, I haven't resigned, and I have no idea why it is being suggested that I have resigned.

"This is an outrage; an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet. It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

However it is now common knowledge, as ESPN has already revealed, that talks on Redknapp's part, with new agents hired for the specific task of negotiating an improved deal, have stalled with no offer from Spurs beyond his current contract.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1097347/spurs-boss-redknapp-slams-quit-rumours

Definitely the way that I read his comments that he's not resigning but that he doesn't deny the possibility that he may leave the club.

He could come out and state that his future is at the club, that he's staying but no, he doesn't say this. Of course all that's my interpretation of his comments and nothing more.

Levy isn't gonna get rid of Redknapp whilst Redknapp has a daily national platform on the BBC.
If anything is happening it wont be til after the Euros.

if he is going he has to go now. Otherwise next year is a write off. We have two options agree to a three year deal or sack him. otherwise we will have a year to waste and will have to start from scratch again

Whatever happens, Spurs are back to square one.. We will have no manager, an unhappy squad, and no lure as a champions league team.. Common Levy, sort this out

There is a term in psychology called a self fulfilling prophecy;

"The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come 'true'. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning"

It is used in education when a child is incorrectly labelled disruptive (etc), then is labelled such (when in fact it is due to other reasons, say being gifted and thus unmotivated), then teachers begin to treat the child as disruptive and the child starts to become this false label.

We could well see the same thing here with Redknapp, in a slightly different context. ie Redknapp now gets his agent to put his feelers out, Levy likewise, because of a false third element (not-ITK itk's).

Whatever happens, Spurs are back to square one.. We will have no manager, an unhappy squad, and no lure as a champions league team.. Common Levy, sort this out

Huh?

Sure we are quite far away from square one with young players like walker, bale, caulker and with players like modric and vdv..

Huh?

Sure we are quite far away from square one with young players like walker, bale, caulker and with players like modric and vdv..

I think we would be or not far off it. A number of the players could well leave etc but it also depends on who the Manager would be

Back