• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This sums up these 'ITK' people nicely - they haven't got a Scooby

BEN said:
re: Harry gone rumours: from the old nwest London Jewish boys now with good sources

BEN said:
Harry not gone had confirmed from club. Nosense the word

The spelling and grammar is appalling but I think the first says he is gone and the second says he is staying. All in the same day.

Archie on SO

i have no reason to believe i have been fed wrong info, im sure may be a day or so as compensation and contracts need sorting i suppose.

We will see either way

If Harry's going, he's definitely setting himself up as the good guy. Naughty Levy & co sent him packing.

Well if 'rumours' are to be believed with players like Modric and VDV maybe leaving,Caulker linked with a move away, we will be In a situation with no manager, and 'so far' no new additions to what will no doubt be an 'unhappy' squad with what they see as a great manager leaving, as DHSF depending on who comes in decides our fate as like I said!.. Back to square on for me otherwise.

I think we would be or not far off it. A number of the players could well leave etc but it also depends on who the Manager would be

This is something that I believe some people aren't willing to entertain the possibility of. Redknapp appears to be popular among the players. How will they react if he goes? Will the likes of Bale still be content to stay despite the absence of Champ League football?

Well if 'rumours' are to be believed with players like Modric and VDV maybe leaving,Caulker linked with a move away, we will be In a situation with no manager, and 'so far' no new additions to what will no doubt be an 'unhappy' squad with what they see as a great manager leaving, as DHSF depending on who comes in decides our fate as like I said!.. Back to square on for me otherwise.

Wait, so we should believe all the negative rumours whilst dismissing the positive ones about players coming in?

It's a 'What if' post, a nothing post speculating on the worst possible scenario. A scenario i can not see happening.

Wait, so we should believe all the negative rumours whilst dismissing the positive ones about players coming in?

It's a 'What if' post, a nothing post speculating on the worst possible scenario. A scenario i can not see happening.

Sorry thought this was a discussion thread...

Won't post my what ifs in future...

I was stating that if Redknapp goes 'I think' the Spurs camp won't be such a happy place and we could be back to square one?? Is that allowed?? Or shall I reword it another way?

If Harry's going, he's definitely setting himself up as the good guy. Naughty Levy & co sent him packing.

Yep, no doubt he'll try and make sure he is spotless.

If he does get fired I'll be very interested to see how truthful Levy is about the reasons. If he cites footballing reasons he'll be ridiculed, not to mention it would set a dangerous precedent for incoming Managers. Don't get 3rd, don't keep your job!

I was stating that if Redknapp goes 'I think' the Spurs camp won't be such a happy place and we could be back to square one?? Is that allowed?? Or shall I reword it another way?

It's actually a transfer rumour thread.. ;)

Oh, no that's fine. I didn't get that from the previous messages.

Sky Sports understands Michael Laudrup is set to be named the new manager of Swansea City

That's one less relegation spot to worry about.

Can only agree again mate.

What is it with proposing names of flimflam managers like Davie fudging Moyes? If some of you want rid of Harry Redknapp, then you replace him with quality - not some fudging muppet who's only ever done sod all with Everton. It's gotta be quality, or else there's no point changing for changes sake.

Think thats the first thing I've ever agreed with you on, think yourself lucky.

Point is whenever there is speculation that a decent player will be coming to Spurs its always 'Will never happen, tabloid rubbish/ITK talking out of their backside' etc But whenever it's something that could go against Spurs ie Redknapp getting sacked, Modric being sold etc from the media/ITKs a lot on here talk as if it's actually happening.

You can't just pick and choose the scenarios you decide the media/ITKs are to be believed....

You can't just pick and choose the scenarios you decide the media/ITKs are to be believed....

Of course you can! We're Spurs fans... years of false dawns have given us a permanently bleak outlook. We'll always believe the worst and disregard the best. It's in our DNA... in our very souls!

why do people think Harry will get fired? I just do not see it happening

i think the most likely scenario (if he was to leave) would be that Redknapp wants a new contract - Levy not being prepared to give him one this summer and giving him the year to prove he is committed/the man for the job - Redknapp not being happy with that and them parting company - rather than a typical sacking

So with all the smoke.. Do you genuinely think that Redknapp will be Spurs Manager at the start of the season??? ... And 'IF' he isn't, how quick do you think we will get a replacement manager in?? And besides I'm not picking and choosing.. I just have a bad feeling. Being a Spurs fan for 35 years that this is more likely to Happen than the positives...

Of course. Its going to be ugly out there for a few days after he goes as his media pals throw all kinds of sh1t at Levy and Spurs. Its inevitable - cant see it ending cleanly. Just need to ignore it

Of course. Its going to be ugly out there for a few days after he goes as his media pals throw all kinds of sh1t at Levy and Spurs. Its inevitable - cant see it ending cleanly. Just need to ignore it

Levy has plenty of friends in the media too, and his spin machine will be in overdrive like it was when Jol was fired. If Levy comes out and says Redknapp was fired because of footballing reasons, i.e. we failed to qualify for the CL, he'll get slaughtered in the press and we'll be a laughing stock (again) among the footballing world in general. This really could be an uncomfortable period to be a Spurs fan.

Back