• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow. How easy is it to create a rumour from absolutely nothing and get people in a Twitter frenzy? You seemingly need a recognisable sporting journalist's twitter and some basic link (e.g, Caulker has previously played under Swansea, Spurs' goalkeeper is 41).

What has he cost us to bring him through/wages? 8m is good money use your head guys ffs it's not hard to understand how 8m for a player whose cost us next to nothing is great business.

For the record I don't want us to sell him but just saying its good money.

From that i deciphered that it would show we have a great academy capable of bringing players through. Not that it would be great business..

Spammers say that they are in advanced negotiations with 2 of the best "Bosmans" available in the PL

Wonder who they might be?

Owen ?

What has he cost us to bring him through/wages? 8m is good money use your head guys ffs it's not hard to understand how 8m for a player whose cost us next to nothing is great business.

For the record I don't want us to sell him but just saying its good money.

So it would be good money for Barca to sell Messi for ?ú8m? After all he cost them next to nothing...

?ú8m for Bentley would be fudging great money, even though he cost us around twice that when we signed him, ?ú8m would be pathetic money for Kyle Walker even though that's twice what we bought him for.

Good money depends on the quality of the player, not what he cost the club to bring in.

Can Betting firms spread rumours to encourage betting knowing it's gonad*s? Is that legal? I suppose as long as it's been posted once already somewhere else they can say they didn't start it.

So Arshavin could go back to Zenit who value him at 5m... Arsenal value him at 8m

They paid around 15m for him in 09

Which is why im happy with Levy's bussiness dealings. Kranky bought for 2.5m sold for 6m

Senior sources at #MUFC telling me they're not after Modric, which is a surprise. Only way it might happen is if Spurs offer him up, big if -- James Ducker (@DuckerTheTimes)

So Arshavin could go back to Zenit who value him at 5m... Arsenal value him at 8m

They paid around 15m for him in 09

Which is why im happy with Levy's bussiness dealings. Kranky bought for 2.5m sold for 6m

Did you factor in age? Arshavin is now 30+ years old. Arsenal can afford to buy players in their prime (25+ yo) and sell them at substantial losses. We can't.

Luka will be 27 this September. By your logic, he should be sold this summer to maximize profit. Otherwise, he will be cheaper next summer because of his age.

Last edited:
I'm aware plenty of people do it. I just find it deeply unpleasant. And if any of my mates were to start casually referring to women as "sluts" or "bitches"... well, we wouldn't be mates for very long. But look, I'm also aware that it appears acceptable here on GG (and elsewhere on the internet) and bewilderingly, misogyny and homophobia don't seem to attract the attention of the mods the way blatant racism does. So I use the 'ignore' function and don't tend to cause a fuss. In this case, because someone else brought it up, I figured I'd add my voice in agreement. That's all. Not looking to start a flame war.

Im not homophobic, if she has a **** i will just go in the back door, im really not that fussy. Just ask DHSF ave it.

Who: Hertsyid
When: 12th June
Where: COYS

I work with a company that has an executive box at Spurs, and go quite a lot as a guest of them. The guy I speak to there just sent me this on IB...

"Redknapp tinned"

They tend to have pretty good contacts at Spurs. This is not ITK. But it's as close as I will usually get.

Just passing on.

Ps the saying goes "no smoke without fire"... and there's a hell of a lot of smoke at the moment.

Who: Hertsyid
Where: COYS

I work with a company that has an executive box at Spurs, and go quite a lot as a guest of them. The guy I speak to there just sent me this on IB...

"Redknapp tinned"

They tend to have pretty good contacts at Spurs. This is not ITK. But it's as close as I will usually get.

Just passing on.

Ps the saying goes "no smoke without fire"... and there's a hell of a lot of smoke at the moment.

[-o<

DON'T PANIC DON'T PANIC

Who: Akqayid
Where: SC

Mr Manwearing.....

But Harry's Gone. That's the round robin Chinese whisper. It's also what my contact has told me around 15 minutes ago. He's currently in the US at the US Open in SF. (lucky bugger)

Refused the rolling deal, never eye to eye, and all the other things we've heard and discussed on a million threads this week.

Other news Comfirmed today - Green going QPR as I said last week, he just needs to sign. Will be done after euros. Bullet Dodged.

Modders, Madrid or PSG if he wants ?ú150k a week. Never ever ever going Utd. Ever.

Nothing else - oh the club being sold... That Kiwait thing. Biggest nonsense ever (from a different source)

Back