• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Levy has plenty of friends in the media too, and his spin machine will be in overdrive like it was when Jol was fired. If Levy comes out and says Redknapp was fired because of footballing reasons, i.e. we failed to qualify for the CL, he'll get slaughtered in the press and we'll be a laughing stock (again) among the footballing world in general. This really could be an uncomfortable period to be a Spurs fan.

Just go with 'He failed to focus on his job during the crucial period of the season.'

Which was backed up by a quote somewhere by the players saying he was never there..

Just go with 'He failed to focus on his job during the crucial period of the season.'

Which was backed up by a quote somewhere by the players saying he was never there..

Levy will be crucified if he says that. His best bet is to actually do what ENIC did with Graham and say Redknapp says too much in the media.

Other than during the trial, I never saw any quotes from players stating he was never at training. Where did you get that information from?

i think the most likely scenario (if he was to leave) would be that Redknapp wants a new contract - Levy not being prepared to give him one this summer and giving him the year to prove he is committed/the man for the job - Redknapp not being happy with that and them parting company - rather than a typical sacking

I think that the most likely situation is that this rumbles on all summer, we start the season with Redknapp in place but that the speculation on his future gets to the team and results are poor. Redknapp gets the sack before Christmas and we waste next season.

That and the "we do not believe Harry Redknapp's ambition for Tottenham matched that of the board, and we felt it was time to bring in a manager who can take us to the next level" (and wheel out his various quotes about "punching above our weight" and "never having it so good"). Personally I don't necessarily agree with firing Redknapp, but I do think Levy will be able to spin it to his/the club's advantage... unless we replace Redknapp with Moyes - in which case we can't really use the "more ambition" line... not saying Moyes would be a disaster, but nor would he be the kind of inspirational appointment that would justify the "next level" claim.

Levy will be crucified if he says that. His best bet is to actually do what ENIC did with Graham and say Redknapp says too much in the media.

Other than during the trial, I never saw any quotes from players stating he was never at training. Where did you get that information from?

It wasn't during the trial, I think that somebody mentioned it in a news article somewhere.. but i honestly can't remember who.. So i might have dreamt it 8-[

Edit: it may have been an itk.. I don't remember..

Yep, no doubt he'll try and make sure he is spotless.

If he does get fired I'll be very interested to see how truthful Levy is about the reasons. If he cites footballing reasons he'll be ridiculed, not to mention it would set a dangerous precedent for incoming Managers. Don't get 3rd, don't keep your job!

Of course he will, he has done pretty much the same everywere he has been. " the board never liked me" " the chairman never backed me" " the players never did what i told them to do" " the fans always hated me" " the refs were against me" etc,etc. After all he wrote the bok on excuses.

The Journalist

So I signed on earlier today to post and seen all the Harry talk.

So been trying to find out seeing as there is lots of it;

I can tell you that the club are refuting it and are looking into where these stories are starting.

I’ve been told that Harry hasn’t spoken to Levy for a while. He sent a text and left a message last week; but hasn’t spoken to Levy personally, or anyone at Tottenham for a few weeks; he’s having a complete break from the club for a few weeks.

Personally; there’s not enough sound around the journalists to suggest it.

Personal opinion Harry will still be charge BUT I know they had plans to bring in coaching group with Deschamps when they thought he was heading to the top job.

The news I was going to publish earlier was that Madrid have made contact about Modric. But its still going to be a long way off before you see signs of any transfer happening.

Belgium defender still pending; but told now unlikely any deals announced/completed for at least a couple of weeks.

It wasn't during the trial, I think that somebody mentioned it in a news article somewhere.. but i honestly can't remember who.. So i might have dreamt it 8-[

Yeah I think it was a not ITK. I read that too but it was some ****.

It'd be easier to plant some jelly beans at the training ground and blame it on that

I think that the most likely situation is that this rumbles on all summer, we start the season with Redknapp in place but that the speculation on his future gets to the team and results are poor. Redknapp gets the sack before Christmas and we waste next season.

I bloody hope not. They surely must have learned their lesson from the Jol fiasco? Next thing we'll know is that two games into the season we'll be caught talking to another Manager #-o

How does the Journalist know about text messages between Harry and Levy?

Apparently Cassano is going to leave Milan in the summer; Wouldn't mind seeing him sign, A class player.

I wouldnt panic regarding out better players wanting out because HR gets the sack! I know for a fact that one of our star players dislikes him! Its more about who we appoint rather than losing redknapp!

I bloody hope not. They surely must have learned their lesson from the Jol fiasco? Next thing we'll know is that two games into the season we'll be caught talking to another Manager #-o

If we had learnt from our mistakes this would have been dealt with promptly at the end of the season. Levy's record of sacking and appointing managers is patchy at best. I am not expecting it to end well when Levy does call time on Redknapp.

I wonder whether those who were arguing a couple of weeks ago that Redknapp should see out the last year of his current contract and earn another deal, have changed their minds.

I wouldnt panic regarding out better players wanting out because HR gets the sack! I know for a fact that one of our star players dislikes him! Its more about who we appoint rather than losing redknapp!

I doubt that there is a single club in the premier league where all of the players like the manager and if there is, he is probably not doing a very good job.

Lawrence Harris ‏@lawrenceharris1
@2theLaneandBack @windycoys its not over! Harry has threatened to sue the club for speaking to other managers! Expect announcements soon

And who would that be? Theres absolutely no reason why you shouldn't tell us

Swede dream: Spurs plotting ?ú3m swoop for West Brom's Olsson

Experienced defender who has only one year left on his contract is a bargain option to potentially help replace King and Gallas.

Tottenham are closing in on a cut-price deal for West Brom and Sweden centre-half Jonas Olsson.

The 29-year-old, set to face England in their Euro 2012 Group D clash on Friday, is hoping to tie up a move to White Hart Lane.

Olsson has stalled on a new deal at the Hawthorns, and now only has a year left on his current contract.

Tottenham are confident of completing a ?ú4million signing after the Euros.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is trying to bankroll several deals to strengthen their defence, with a ?ú7m deal for Ajax’s Belgian defender Jan Vertonghen also on the cards.

Injury-plagued Spurs veteran Ledley King has been offered a one-year pay-as-you-play deal, the vastly experienced William Gallas, who turns 35 in August, could leave and Michael Dawson has been a long-term injury absentee.

It all leaves the north Londoners anxious to strengthen at the back, and Olsson and Vertonghen - who also only has a year left on his existing contract - represent great value for money.

Back