• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
24 Friedel
03 Bale
04 Kaboul
26 King
28 Walker
32 Assou-Ekotto
07 Lennon (Pienaar - 88' )
08 Parker Booked
11 Van der Vaart (Livermore - 67' )
14 Modric
18 Defoe

This is the team that went to the Etihad last season when City had won every single game there up to that point and in all fairness should have won the game. Those in bold won't play, but the rest all will, and we're playing weaker opposition.

Sacrilege!!

And what are the odds of us signing Higuain if he was up for sale? ANd therein lies the rub

Seems to me you are not appreciating that the top strikers in Europe are not going to sign for a Europa league playing team with a "

Seems to me you are talking about a completely different point to that which I made.

I understand perfectly well what you are saying, just not how it relates to my post

Nothing wrong with that line-up except we could have had a much better striker option upfront, that's the main gripe as far as I can tell

Agreed!! And we've been trying to sort out Ade for 2 months. But the guy is taking the tinkle. Cest la vie!! And Damiao, Llorente etc are too expensive and want champs league. We will get Moutinho and Ade plus maybe one more. I'm still confident. But people in here act like we have a massive budget. Even if we're prepared to pay the fee we have to have a willing player and pay 100k a week plus. It ain't that simple. You'd think Levy should take one up the arse for 20 million for Modders and bid 50 million for Llorente. Ain't fudging happening. Whilst we are a properly run club

Agreed!! And we've been trying to sort out Ade for 2 months. But the guy is taking the tinkle. Cest la vie!! And Damiao, Llorente etc are too expensive and want champs league. We will get Moutinho and Ade plus maybe one more. I'm still confident. But people in here act like we have a massive budget. Even if we're prepared to pay the fee we have to have a willing player and pay 100k a week plus. It ain't that simple. You'd think Levy should take one up the arse for 20 million for Modders and bid 50 million for Llorente. Ain't fudging happening. Whilst we are a properly run club

=D> Ahh some perspective thank the Lord

Raul Meireles is the latest rumour...what do we think?

Think he's certainly got the physical attributes and is good at striking the ball, but he won't bring the close control and possession based football that Modric brought us

Think he's certainly got the physical attributes and is good at striking the ball, but he won't bring the close control and possession based football that Modric brought us

Very good player, would take him in a heartbeat. Not a direct Modric replacement but a good addition nonetheless should Moutinho become 'unachievable'

do. not. want.

utter brick imo.

Ramirez on the brink at Southampton according to ssn - they must have offered better personal terms, I presume

What the fudge did we offer? 5k/week?

Back