• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
theSPURSinsider ‏@theSPURSinsider
Bit more info...#THFC have been given the green light here - from both club and player. My contact is buzzing. #ITK #Llorente

Before I get jumped on. To confirm. As it stands - its just talk. The good news is #THFC are talking to #Bilbao #Llorente #ITK

Finally - confirmed our targets and deals are in place as before. #Llorente however would obviously change that somewhere. #THFC #ITK

NO change - #Moutinho should be in London today. Deal is done minor the finer points. It's frustrating - but patience. #THFC #ITK

When desperation sets in, you turn to c*nts who hashtag "ITK" on twitter

Bit more info...#THFC have been given the green light here - from both club and player. My contact is buzzing. #ITK #Llorente

Before I get jumped on. To confirm. As it stands - its just talk. The good news is #THFC are talking to #Bilbao #Llorente #ITK

this was so much crap that I threw up my breakfast

On Raul Meireles, surely its just simple speculation:

AVB tried to sign Modric while at Chelsea, brings in fellow countryman and ex-Porto player instead.

AVB needs to replace Modric at Spurs, brings in fellow countryman and ex-Porto player instead.​

On, Moutinho, the comments from AVB can be spun either way: difficult can mean its unlikely or we are still trying to sign him.

"It will be very difficult to sign him." We are trying to sign him.

"I have experience of Porto and it is a club that sells good products but they are expensive." They are expensive but high quality, so worth the effort. (the Portuguese way of saying triffic)

"We had initial interest in M'Vila but we have moved on from that one and are now looking for a more creative player." Someone like Moutinho.

Last edited:
Athletic Bilbao forward, Fernando Llorente has reportedly agreed to personal terms with Serie A champions, Juventus where the striker will earn €3.5 million per year, plus goal scoring variables.

According to reputable Italian sports daily, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Llorente has agreed to a contract and salary with the Italian giants, but the two clubs still remain worlds apart on an acceptable transfer fee.

The report also states that Juventus are unwilling to pay the €36 million release clause for the player, and have submitted a bid of €16 million which was rejected.

Despite Athletic Bilbao president, Josu Urrutia claiming that no bids have been made for the Spanish international, Juventus may be the lone club in the race for Llorente, as Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger declared that the club has no interest in the forward, despite their recent sale of captain and leading goal-scorer, Robin van Persie to rivals Manchester United.

It remains to be seen how things will play out in the next two weeks before the summer transfer window closes, but rest assured that Athletic are not prepared to let Llorente walk away for free next summer, and could accept a lesser bid, citing ‘some is better than nothing.’

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/llorente-agrees-deal-with-juventus/

Wenger has admitted Alex Song may be sold. Seems very strange, as unlike Van Persie they don't risk losing him for free next year if they keep him.

Suggests to me that Sahin will still probably join them.

I can't believe how we have handled this window, new manager, time to invest and back him and we stick to our late window shopping gonad*S once again.

IF Modric goes for an amount less than we wanted, after waiting all this time, ballsing up all other deals, I will be very, VERY fudged off.

aaaaaaand calm.

I actually agree with you.

BUT playing Devils advocate here.

AVB has been in the job for a short while, and he knows he has to asses the players and see what they are up to, what he really needs and who he needs to get rid of. Some players like Sandro, Parker, VDV, Caulker and GDS has had hardly any time to work with.

But saying all that we sill at least need a damn striker or two! ;)

Athletic Bilbao forward, Fernando Llorente has reportedly agreed to personal terms with Serie A champions, Juventus where the striker will earn €3.5 million per year, plus goal scoring variables.

According to reputable Italian sports daily, La Gazzetta dello Sport, Llorente has agreed to a contract and salary with the Italian giants, but the two clubs still remain worlds apart on an acceptable transfer fee.

The report also states that Juventus are unwilling to pay the €36 million release clause for the player, and have submitted a bid of €16 million which was rejected.

Despite Athletic Bilbao president, Josu Urrutia claiming that no bids have been made for the Spanish international, Juventus may be the lone club in the race for Llorente, as Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger declared that the club has no interest in the forward, despite their recent sale of captain and leading goal-scorer, Robin van Persie to rivals Manchester United.

It remains to be seen how things will play out in the next two weeks before the summer transfer window closes, but rest assured that Athletic are not prepared to let Llorente walk away for free next summer, and could accept a lesser bid, citing ‘some is better than nothing.’

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/llorente-agrees-deal-with-juventus/

That settle's it then no Llorente. Who is next to cross off the list?

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
João Moutinho will sign be patient. #THFC #Spurs #Football #Tottenham

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
Leandro Damião will be a #Spurs player. #THFC #Football #Tottenham

:eek: soooo....that could be next season then lol

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

We should be worried as he never gets anything correct so these 2 players will not sign.

Wenger has admitted Alex Song may be sold. Seems very strange, as unlike Van Persie they don't risk losing him for free next year if they keep him.

Le Scum are a selling club. Their fans dont admit it, and knowone really takes any notice of it. But they always want to get maximum Dollar for their players, and the only ones they fight for are their star players. In the last 10 years they have made a profit on sales and purchases. I think that says a fair bit about them, new stadium or no.

In some other news.. Gaston Ramirez looks set to sign for The Saints. When i saw his picture on soccernet i thought it was us who had signed him. And with Adam Johnson saying he may look to move for first team football.. he would be the perfect winger to give bale and lennon some competition and backup..

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK

I might be in the minority of people that will be totally underwhelmed with Damiao. I would prefer Ade over him and Llorente over them both. Perfect end to the window for me now would be to sell the little chicken badge hater and get in Moutinhio, Ade and Llorente. I think that is almost plausable. Llorente wanting a move so late in the window may have worked into our hands, if we offer him enough coin im sure he would come.

In some other news.. Gaston Ramirez looks set to sign for The Saints. When i saw his picture on soccernet i thought it was us who had signed him. And with Adam Johnson saying he may look to move for first team football.. he would be the perfect winger to give bale and lennon some competition and backup..

Lol yeah, what player wouldn't want to trade being a squad player at City for being a squad player at Spurs....

Johnson could do really well with us, he would fit in with our england players and he likes to play as an inverted winger type, and he has a good chance to scoring ratio. Wonder if City would sting us. Maybe another loan ;)

Whilst being a decent footballer to provide backup, he's been at City. It's a no go.

(Players who go to City have hugely inflated wage expectations)

Could be Sahin, or maybe M'Vila is a little closer to Song in style by all accounts.

Back