• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes we used to get loads of positive media with all the connect ions that Harry had with the media. I can see them jumping down our throat as soon as they can.

That was another reason why it was important to get our squad sorted early as we have an excellet first 6 games, win 4 minimum of them a good start and the media dont have anything to abuse AVB with, hasnt worked out anywhere near that though

Of course not, that would be silly. Depends on what you mean by 4 times, we allegedly agreed a deal for £5m for Adebayor, would I be happy if we paid £20m for Leandro? Hell yeah, because of his age and perceived potential, in my opinion anyway

What if that £20m meant our transfer activity was over for the summer?

I see Emirates Marketing Project are looking at De Rossi - who would they drop from their midfield to accommodate him - Barry?

Last edited:
I haven't felt this 'flat' about a new season for a good few years. I have a horrible feeling we're really going to struggle.

Why are we just accepting that we've been "priced out" of the Moutinho and M'Vila deals? Why aren't Real Madrid being "priced out" of the Modric deal.

Exactly the same concept - selling club wants more than the buying club is willing to pay. But we crack whereas the clubs we want to buy from don't.

Perhaps we need to get a little bit nastier - turning the players head and making them and their mates demand a move in the media like Modric has done, instead of letting them just give the whole "well it's a possibility that I could move but I don't I'm happy here" thing.

QPR are on the verge of signing Jose Bosingwa on a free transfer

Bologna and Southampton have agreed a fee for Gaston Ramirez, which will break Southamptons club record deal

Levy's going to look like such a mug if he sells him for 26m. We could have got that back in June surely?

Whatever we sell him for now would be considerably more than what they would have offered in June, surely - otherwise what have we been negotiating this whole time?

We dont really know any of the details - every figure (this summer and last) is nothing more than paper talk - including bids and asking prices

24 Friedel
03 Bale
04 Kaboul
26 King
28 Walker
32 Assou-Ekotto
07 Lennon (Pienaar - 88' )
08 Parker Booked
11 Van der Vaart (Livermore - 67' )
14 Modric
18 Defoe

This is the team that went to the Etihad last season when City had won every single game there up to that point and in all fairness should have won the game. Those in bold won't play, but the rest all will, and we're playing weaker opposition.

This !!! an attacking trio of Bale Lennon and VDV , Siggy, Sandro, Livermore to create the solid base and we pass them to death ! no need to panic !

Great mind fella. Great minds. The midget Fabregas was their CF - could you imagine GG if we played Modric as our number 9!

I dont really do tactics but everyone knows that 4-6-0 is the greateast formation ever conceived!

\o/

:-"

Back