• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Yaya Toure says he wants to stay in the prem and is leaving city on a free. Some think we need an experienced player who has won stuff.

Comes with a lot of baggage, personally after that whole birthday cake thing I would give him a wide berth.

Yaya Toure says he wants to stay in the prem and is leaving city on a free. Some think we need an experienced player who has won stuff.

Comes with a lot of baggage, personally after that whole birthday cake thing I would give him a wide berth.

Sainsbury’s do a birthday cake for around £3 I’ll stand us for that!
But I’m not leading him me wheelchair!

I think it’s harsh to say Lanzini’s not been great, Moyes has played him up top at times or behind one attacking player, totally not to his strengths imo. I’m sure he’d flourish in a team with more attacking intent.

I think it’s harsh to say Lanzini’s not been great, Moyes has played him up top at times or behind one attacking player, totally not to his strengths imo. I’m sure he’d flourish in a team with more attacking intent.

You know what? Its one of those - if ever we did go for him Id be delighted to be proven wrong.

Just, as it stands, I dont see it. He has quality, Ive no doubt. Is capable. I just dont think hes anything special. and in that team a better player really should stand out.

That'd be quite an effort. (Very) long range volley for the first, cheeky rabona for the second?
It really is unusual for me to remember a dream but on this occasion he came off the bench, got in a good position and looked like he’s lost the ball by not shifting it out of his feet, I started moaning at him from wherever I was in he crowd and and he managed to scuff it with his right foot in off the left hand post. The second came quite quickly after, don’t remember much about it just him having a lot of time and putting it away quite quickly. Just wish I could remember who we were playing!

They are ok, but I don't think either of them are/will ever be as good as Son.
Martial there may be a question mark over his mentality which could be forgiven for the set up at Man U since he joined, Rashford I genuinely think could be a superstar and impressed me ever time I’ve seen him.
I think they both offer a little more physically than any of our other attacking options, other than Llorente who can’t move!
Need to have a contingency for Sons national service too, I wonder if that will have an effect on him mentally as it must be difficult having it hanging over him?

Martial there may be a question mark over his mentality which could be forgiven for the set up at Man U since he joined, Rashford I genuinely think could be a superstar and impressed me ever time I’ve seen him.
I think they both offer a little more physically than any of our other attacking options, other than Llorente who can’t move!
Need to have a contingency for Sons national service too, I wonder if that will have an effect on him mentally as it must be difficult having it hanging over him?
I'm still not sure about Rashford. He clearly has excellent attributes (skill, pace, finishing ability, confidence) but whenever I watch him I always see a player who plays for himself as opposed to playing for the team. Runs made by players that would have them in on goal ignored, balls played short so that the only option is to give him back the ball, things like that.

Martial I would love at Spurs however. It is a shame we wouldn't go the extra mile for him early that Summer, before he had signed his new contract at Monaco prior to his move to Man Utd for a far higher price than they were asking from us only a couple of months beforehand.

Martial would be my second choice option for an attacking player to come in at Spurs this summer, Zaha being my first choice.

Martial I would love at Spurs however. It is a shame we wouldn't go the extra mile for him early that Summer, before he had signed his new contract at Monaco prior to his move to Man Utd for a far higher price than they were asking from us only a couple of months beforehand.

Martial would be my second choice option for an attacking player to come in at Spurs this summer, Zaha being my first choice.

Im not sure there was anything more we could have done.

As memory serves we offered £18m for him, as a teenage prospect that was a very serious bid at the time.

We got turned down and he signed a new deal, fair enough - it happens.

Then he goes to Utd for twice as much!

That being said, Im all in camp Zaha at the minute but like you would be very happy if we got Martial as well/instead

It really is unusual for me to remember a dream but on this occasion he came off the bench, got in a good position and looked like he’s lost the ball by not shifting it out of his feet, I started moaning at him from wherever I was in he crowd and and he managed to scuff it with his right foot in off the left hand post. The second came quite quickly after, don’t remember much about it just him having a lot of time and putting it away quite quickly. Just wish I could remember who we were playing!
It was Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I remember it clearly from tomorrow. Thanks for the betting tip MystiKSpur.

Isnt this one we've been linked to before?

Roma close on Coric
Italian side Roma are set to land Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Ante Coric.

Gazzetta dello Sport claims a switch to Italy for the Croatian international is close.

A deal for Coric, 21, is expected to be confirmed soon, it’s suggested, with a fee of €7m plus bonuses.

Seems cheap!

I'm still not sure about Rashford. He clearly has excellent attributes (skill, pace, finishing ability, confidence) but whenever I watch him I always see a player who plays for himself as opposed to playing for the team. Runs made by players that would have them in on goal ignored, balls played short so that the only option is to give him back the ball, things like that.

Fair point, this sometimes frustrates me with Son but Rashford is younger and I guess it’s possibly a symptom of trying to prove himself worthy of starting. I’m in the pro Zaha camp too I just can’t see us stomping up the cash even if he wanted to come to us ahead of the bigger wage payers. Martial may remember our original interest and fancy more game time even if it meant a pay cut (a rare compromise nowadays I know!)

Back