• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Fair shout on the Burnley keepers, both seem decent. Wood has done better than I thought he would, but agreed he isnt really going to do it for us.

Coleman did occur to me, I wouldnt complain, but Im still a believer that Aurier will step up so Im none too fussed on buying him. Injuries a fairly Persistent issue as well arent they?

Only seen glimpses of Ihenacho so hardly set on the idea, just like what Ive seen. Pretty sure City have a buy-back clause anyway.

100% agree on Zaha, I genuinely think he is set to step up in his status significantly after this season. We either get him now or he will be out of reach by the time we try again. I think he is quality, and is finally at a point where he "gets it".

Not seen enough of Doucoure to really judge, only MOTD which is hardly that indicative.

Lanzini clearly has talent, but Im unconvinced he has it in him to play at our level. I think he looks decent at West Ham, when really he should stand out head and shoulders like Payet did - if he was really that good. I suspect its more the case of him being the best of a bad bunch. Arnautovic is a bad egg, wildly inconsistent, he is perfect where he is. Declan-Rice I know only the reputation, honestly not sure Ive seen him play.

Mawson, funny one. Does nothing for me, but seems to enjoy a fair reputation. Everytime Ive seen him he has been bang average at best.

Evans? Please, dont get me started...!

Fair shout on the Burnley keepers, both seem decent. Wood has done better than I thought he would, but agreed he isnt really going to do it for us.

Coleman did occur to me, I wouldnt complain, but Im still a believer that Aurier will step up so Im none too fussed on buying him. Injuries a fairly Persistent issue as well arent they?

Only seen glimpses of Ihenacho so hardly set on the idea, just like what Ive seen. Pretty sure City have a buy-back clause anyway.

400% agree on Zaha, I genuinely think he is set to step up in his status significantly after this season. We either get him now or he will be out of reach by the time we try again. I think he is quality, and is finally at a point where he "gets it".

Not seen enough of Doucoure to really judge, only MOTD which is hardly that indicative.

Lanzini clearly has talent, but Im unconvinced he has it in him to play at our level. I think he looks decent at West Ham, when really he should stand out head and shoulders like Payet did - if he was really that good. I suspect its more the case of him being the best of a bad bunch. Arnautovic is a bad egg, wildly inconsistent, he is perfect where he is. Declan-Rice I know only the reputation, honestly not sure Ive seen him play.

Mawson, funny one. Does nothing for me, but seems to enjoy a fair reputation. Everytime Ive seen him he has been bang average at best.

My preference would be Maguire over Evans

I also really want us to get Lookman in from Everton... they have put him on loan to a side better than them and he is playing really well in Germany

Havent kept track of him in Germany but he looked bloody good at Chalrton, I was surprised we werent in for him then.

Fair play to him for going abroad as well, pushed for it as I recall. Shows a lot IMO.

400% agree on Zaha, I genuinely think he is set to step up in his status significantly after this season. We either get him now or he will be out of reach by the time we try again. I think he is quality, and is finally at a point where he "gets it".

Re: Lanzini. He is a different type of player to Payet. Payet can look good in any team as he has incredible ability on the ball. If he had application to match his ability he would be a true World class player. Lanzini is not that same sort of player who you can shove into a bad team and he will still look good. IMO he is a player with good skill and vision. A player that suits a good footballing team where he good attacking players offering clever movement. I think he would look better in a better team.

Re: Zaha. I think that if we don't get him this summer then we never will. IMO he is only one more season of progression away from a move to one of the real European big boys. Look at what he does at Palace where he is tightly marked (and often double marked) as clearly their best player and then imagine what he could do for us given twice as much of the ball and unable to be double marked due to our other threats.

Havent kept track of him in Germany but he looked bloody good at Chalrton, I was surprised we werent in for him then.

Fair play to him for going abroad as well, pushed for it as I recall. Shows a lot IMO.
I think we did try to get him from Charlton but Everton were the club that seemed to want him most. Didn't he depart for Germany because he fell out with Koeman? If so then I would assume they will bring him back this Summer.

You need to see the highlights form the last weekend. Was the best player on the pitch and scored 2 IIRC

He plays with his end up hence why he knows where the goal is

No chance of us getting him. Couldn't afford his wages and City wouldn't sell to us.

As with most players at top wage paying clubs if they are up for sale/made available and want to move on then they will most likely have to take a wage cut - i don't particularly see it as out of the question in being able to agree terms with him personally though it will depend on who is in for him.

As with most players at top wage paying clubs if they are up for sale/made available and want to move on then they will most likely have to take a wage cut - i don't particularly see it as out of the question in being able to agree terms with him personally though it will depend on who is in for him.

Why would you leave the best team in the country, where you have just won a League winners medal, to come and possibly sit on our bench as your first team place would certainly not be guaranteed at Spurs. Also, you are ignoring the fact that City wouldn't sell to us and risk strengthening a rival. Hence, no chance of this happening.

Why would you leave the best team in the country, where you have just won a League winners medal, to come and possibly sit on our bench as your first team place would certainly not be guaranteed at Spurs. Also, you are ignoring the fact that City wouldn't sell to us and risk strengthening a rival. Hence, no chance of this happening.

Because you are put up for sale/told you are no longer in their plans and they want rid of you? I don't think City wouldn't sell to us and obviously in this hypothetical scenario Stones would be signed to be a first XI player...

The question was more asking whether people think he'd be a good fit than disecting whether the move could happen anyway

Re: Lanzini. He is a different type of player to Payet. Payet can look good in any team as he has incredible ability on the ball. If he had application to match his ability he would be a true World class player. Lanzini is not that same sort of player who you can shove into a bad team and he will still look good. IMO he is a player with good skill and vision. A player that suits a good footballing team where he good attacking players offering clever movement. I think he would look better in a better team.

Re: Zaha. I think that if we don't get him this summer then we never will. IMO he is only one more season of progression away from a move to one of the real European big boys. Look at what he does at Palace where he is tightly marked (and often double marked) as clearly their best player and then imagine what he could do for us given twice as much of the ball and unable to be double marked due to our other threats.

Zaha - agree completely. I think he is on the cusp of being truly special. Buying him now is a brilliant move, leaving it and we'll never get the chance again.

Lanzini? I think if a player is genuinely good, no matter their style, it should be obvious. Particularly in a bad team. Im not saying he should be incredible, or that he wouldnt be better in a better side, rather whenever Ive seen him he is a couple of nice touches and then completely annonymous. He has never caught my eye and made me think "he is better than West Ham".

I think we did try to get him from Charlton but Everton were the club that seemed to want him most. Didn't he depart for Germany because he fell out with Koeman? If so then I would assume they will bring him back this Summer.

I didnt realise we went in, he fits our MO perfectly. Maybe it was a Koeman thing, but at the same time he doesnt strike me as an Allardyce player...

You need to see the highlights form the last weekend. Was the best player on the pitch and scored 2 IIRC
He plays with his end up hence why he knows where the goal is

Ill look into it, total case of out of sight, out of mind. Havent seen a thing of him over there.

Quite often their wages are subsidized as well, rember Keane? Im pretty sure Leeds were paying him more than us...

John Stones anyone? Sure i read City were thinking about letting him go in the summer
Definitely! He will be a top defender I’m certain of it. Although slightly different to Sanchez I’d hazard a guess they will both develop into similar level players....

Leeds?

Agree on Zaha though. Along with Sessegnon, he should be our primary target.
That would add us penetration down the wing again from FB with Sess and a different type of skill set and more unpredictability in attack. That would cover two areas we could do with improving. Another Cb to replace Toby and a replacement/understudy maybe for Dembele depending on his situation and I’d say wed of had a great summer....

Stones is dodgy at times but I think Poch would work his magic and turn him into something special

Alderweireld to City and Stones to Spurs. Toby gets his money and John finally becomes a top defender

Back