• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Isnt this one we've been linked to before?

Roma close on Coric
Italian side Roma are set to land Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Ante Coric.

Gazzetta dello Sport claims a switch to Italy for the Croatian international is close.

A deal for Coric, 21, is expected to be confirmed soon, it’s suggested, with a fee of €7m plus bonuses.

Seems cheap!

Had wondered what had happened to him. Sounds like he might have done off the boil. At 7m Euros he's worth a punt. But maybe not much different to Winks...?

I don't see the hype with Rashford, he has all the attributes apart from a footballing brain - I think he has the Man U Welbeck Hype about him ( if you play for Man U you must be a good player).

I don't watch too much of him but this is always my opinion

Fair point, this sometimes frustrates me with Son but Rashford is younger and I guess it’s possibly a symptom of trying to prove himself worthy of starting. I’m in the pro Zaha camp too I just can’t see us stomping up the cash even if he wanted to come to us ahead of the bigger wage payers. Martial may remember our original interest and fancy more game time even if it meant a pay cut (a rare compromise nowadays I know!)

It wouldnt be a huge suprise to know Martial isnt on mega money, maybe its not out of the question?

Just found this (hardly concrete, I know) https://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-united-player-salaries/

Which says he is on £65k a week!

Plus he has only 1 year left on his contract.

So in general terms, were Utd inclined to sell, I think its possible we could get him.

Zaha? Would certainly be expensive, but Im not convinced is entirely out of the question. He did sign a new deal not long ago, could be that there is a clause or promises made on allowing him to move...

Had wondered what had happened to him. Sounds like he might have done off the boil. At 7m Euros he's worth a punt. But maybe not much different to Winks...?

Dont know the first thing about him, to be honest. Just remember the links and Modric MKII talk...

I always liked Antonio at West Ham, seemed to have good energy and pace, works hard, pretty strong and has decent movement as well but he seems to have been injured a bit more this season and progress has stalled a bit. I remember he got an England call up a while back but had to pull out injured so there's definitely a player there. I doubt West Ham would ever sell to us anyway.

I always liked Antonio at West Ham, seemed to have good energy and pace, works hard, pretty strong and has decent movement as well but he seems to have been injured a bit more this season and progress has stalled a bit. I remember he got an England call up a while back but had to pull out injured so there's definitely a player there. I doubt West Ham would ever sell to us anyway.
Dear lord no. Even my West Ham mates say what a donkey he is although granted he can score a goal. I don’t mind Sissoko but for those who love to dig out Sissokos touch they’d have an absolute field day with Antonio’s....

I know someone on Brighton's coaching team and he told me they had two transfer lists, one for if they stayed up and one for if they went down.

As we are top 4 I hope we have a good transfer list of high calibre players to go for. We can use the youth like walker-peters, onomah and Griffiths for the back up squad places. Lets go for real quality for the couple of signings we make.

when we never qualified for the CL we always said that hampered our ability to attract top players.....now we are a CL regular lets go and sign someone special

We definitely need someone who can play deep and recycle the ball and retain possession, we move the ball far too slowly even when everyone is fit. I'd like Winks to be that players but thats 2 big injuries at the end of each season so we need to bring someone in and see how he performs next season.

We definitely need someone who can play deep and recycle the ball and retain possession, we move the ball far too slowly even when everyone is fit. I'd like Winks to be that players but thats 2 big injuries at the end of each season so we need to bring someone in and see how he performs next season.

Dont think he recovered from the first injury.

Easier said that done but replace Llorente, Janssen, Sissoko and GKN with a more mobile CF back-up, an attacker who can beat a man and a creative CM, then we'll have the depth to compete better next year

(Obviously change Alder and Rose as needed)

EL Chelsea and Arsenal will still sign higher profile players than us. Its never been about CL - its about wages, wages and wages
Hence Aubemeyang...
money talks and arse and Chelsea will off set CL with more £££
Arse have no one to sell too so their digging deep
Chelsea will lose 2/3 of their better players including hazard and Willian IMO
Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of the big spanish Sides in for Azpelecuata too

I think Eriksen is far more consistent when dropping in the hole. We need someone who can play Eriksens role now and drop Eriksen back.

Back