• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I always liked Antonio at West Ham, seemed to have good energy and pace, works hard, pretty strong and has decent movement as well but he seems to have been injured a bit more this season and progress has stalled a bit. I remember he got an England call up a while back but had to pull out injured so there's definitely a player there. I doubt West Ham would ever sell to us anyway.
Terrible touch. Would be no better than Sissoko IMO.

Hence Aubemeyang...
money talks and arse and Chelsea will off set CL with more £££
Arse have no one to sell too so their digging deep
Chelsea will lose 2/3 of their better players including hazard and Willian IMO
Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of the big spanish Sides in for Azpelecuata too
He is brilliant isn't he? Obviously I hate the guy, being Chelsea and all, but a great player none the less.

What I'd like to see next year :D

....................Lloris.................
Trippier...Toby.........Jan.....Rose
..........Dier.........Eriksen.........
Bale..........Moura.............Dele
...............Kane....................

I like Antonio
Plays to his strengths and is affective
Basically everything sissoko isn’t
I’m thinking more about the way we play - many complain about Sissoko not fitting in because he can’t control, pass etc The same would be the case with Antonio - technically he really isn’t good and this is coming from guys who watch him week in week out. If we are looking for a plan B battering ram type of player then fine, but he really doesn’t fit in with our system....

I’m thinking more about the way we play - many complain about Sissoko not fitting in because he can’t control, pass etc The same would be the case with Antonio - technically he really isn’t good and this is coming from guys who watch him week in week out. If we are looking for a plan B battering ram type of player then fine, but he really doesn’t fit in with our system....

He is much better IMO than they give him credit for... he has fallen from grace with them due to his injuries this season and they know he will be off soon to a better side

I live in a Bedford mate and we have laods do spammers and their an odd bunch in how they judge players. They love Noble who is so brick no one else wants him... they can’t work out if Lanzini is any good as he plays football and they don’t...

Last edited:
More proof needed last night we need another CM to replace Sissoko, absolute donkey last night - Wanyama wasn’t much better in fairness.

CB/CM priority for me

Sissoko has never really been a CM for us. He's just 5th choice, and got a game there because Dier, Dembele and Winks were all out injured. It's a bit freak to have that concentration of injuries in one position.

I don't think we need another CM, unless Dembele is put out to pasture.

I'd start Oakley-Booth alongside Wanyama for Leicester though

Sissoko has never really been a CM for us. He's just 5th choice, and got a game there because Dier, Dembele and Winks were all out injured. It's a bit freak to have that concentration of injuries in one position.

I don't think we need another CM, unless Dembele is put out to pasture.

I'd start Oakley-Booth alongside Wanyama for Leicester though

Completely forgotten about Winks - understandably.

I’m torn for the last game - I want to finish about pool - but it’s a good chance to give a run out to some youngsters.

He is much better IMO than they give him credit for... he has fallen from grace with them due to his injuries this season and they know he will be off soon to a better side

I live in a Bedford mate and we have laods do spammers and their an odd bunch in how they judge players. They love Noble who is so brick no one else wants him... they can’t work out if Lanzini is any good as he plays football and they don’t...
Fair play mate, I would say Ive seen enough of him to agree with their assessment on him but maybe youve seen some things I havent. The ones I know love Nobles loyalty but also acknowlege he isnt any good and are gutted he scored that volley against Leicester as will probably mean he gets offered a new contract:D

We need two quality midfielders minimum next season which I cannot see happening.

Wanyama is broken?
Sissoko
Winks we cannot go into next season relying on him?
Dembele is too fragile and cannot surely be relied on.
Deir is our only fit and "competent" midfielder.

Not good.

I always liked Antonio at West Ham, seemed to have good energy and pace, works hard, pretty strong and has decent movement as well but he seems to have been injured a bit more this season and progress has stalled a bit. I remember he got an England call up a while back but had to pull out injured so there's definitely a player there. I doubt West Ham would ever sell to us anyway.

Not for me. Being the best of a bad bunch means little, and an England call up is proof only of the lack of talent in the pool, not of actual quality.

He works hard, "work horse" was the first thing that came to mind, but is far too limited IMHO.

Completely forgotten about Winks - understandably.

I’m torn for the last game - I want to finish about pool - but it’s a good chance to give a run out to some youngsters.

Oakley-Boothe wouldn't be a run out. He's just a CM who can pass the ball quickly, so would be more effective there than Sissoko. We were so turgid with that Wanyama-Sissoko axis

I would though give KWP a game too, but again I don't see that as a particular risk - he's performed at least at Aurier's level.

We need two quality midfielders minimum next season which I cannot see happening.

Wanyama is broken?
Sissoko
Winks we cannot go into next season relying on him?
Dembele is too fragile and cannot surely be relied on.
Deir is our only fit and "competent" midfielder.

Not good.

Wanyama and Winks should be fine after no world cups and a decent pre-season. Dembele is the question mark, but the fitness team will know where exactly he's at

We've also got Onomah coming back, plus Oakley-Boothe and Skipp (pretty much the two most highly rated players in the academy) coming through there

Back