• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Monaco OMT

We have been poor in the CL agreed, but if we were really gutless and as spineless as many of you claim I doubt we would currently be unbeaten in the league and just 4 points off the top. Anybody can get behind a team when they are doing well how about we get behind the team after tonight's performance.

We lost 1:5 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and we have done okay in the league since then. We get knocked out of the CL tonight and we get behind the team because we have Chelsea on Saturday

People are behind them, of course. No one dares booing at our boys on Saturday or in our coming games, but it's got to be allowed to vent some frustration after giving fudge all in a Champions League match we had to win.

Sorry, but unless we play out of our skins, le chavs, and conte, will tonk us - they will be rabid to try and put us down, especially after this showing. THIS will be a statement game - for both of us I feel.

Then I suggest we up our game as we did against Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal

All I can say is thank GHod I didn't quite have enough loyalty points to get a ticket.

That is up there with the worst performances I have ever seen us give in Europe. 7 - 1 would've been a fair result there. Thank you Hugo Lloris for stopping things being an absolute embarrassment to the club.

What annoys me more than anything is that it looked as though Monaco had more desire than us.

Pochettino (as much as I love him) has to take a lot of the blame for failing to play his strongest available side in every game we've had.

Also how brick is Dier this season? He is an absolute liability at centre half. GHod help us if we pair Wimmer and Dier against Chelsea on Saturday.

I wonder whether some of those who would never give him any credit will realise what a good job Redknapp did in getting us to the quarter finals the last time we were in the competition? Pochettino has failed pretty spectacularly this time out.

I can only imagine how brick the dead rubber against CSKA will be at a probably no more than half full Wembley with two teams that probably both want to avoid the Europa League. That is £100 well spent there on tickets for my Dad, my son and I.
To be fair, Redknapp had a wonderfully inspirational player in Gareth Bale helping him reach the quarter finals. We completely lack any inspiration at the moment. I think that with this relatively inexperienced team, the lack of preparation time between the weekend game and the Champions League game has been a crucial factor in a diabolical campaign.

Sorry, but unless we play out of our skins, le chavs, and conte, will tonk us - they will be rabid to try and put us down, especially after this showing. THIS will be a statement game - for both of us I feel.

I've said it in blind faith and gut feel rather than Logic and reason, but still believe it will be massively different. Still doesn't excuse tonights shambles.

It's a valid point imo
what point ? Taking a dig at poch when all os us having been saying, in poch we trust ??

This is a steep learning curve for him. Either we back him again, when chips are down - or we get on his back, and slaughter him again and again ... I think he has to learn how to win in different ways, we weren't losing 5-0 or 6-1, it was 2-1.

But I do think we need more than 1 player as game changers, just that little bit of magic against top opposition.

As much as the players (bar Lloris) were dreadful, I feel Poch needs to shoulder a huge portion of blame.

Changing the formation and swapping out first teamers, in a must-win game (especially Walker) was ridiculous.
Much as I love this manager I agree. To change the defence and bring in two players with limited game time and limited preparation time against a very good Monaco side was asking for trouble.

To be fair, Redknapp had a wonderfully inspirational player in Gareth Bale helping him reach the quarter finals. We completely lack any inspiration at the moment. I think that with this relatively inexperienced team, the lack of preparation time between the weekend game and the Champions League game has been a crucial factor in a diabolical campaign.
yes Bale, who came out of his shell - nay, exploded. But this whole lack of prep time ? No, other teams seem to be able to do it. We need to learn, again - I wonder who Poch talked to about managing the CL experience

Agreed Mullet. Trippier can't even get in our first team and yet he's played a key role in supposedly football's elite competition?

Can't bring myself to use this as a full on excuse, but I still feel the fixtures shafted us big time around the CL fixtures. We've had massive games either before or after the midweek, sometimes both, for every round. It's led Poch to swap players about or the formation and he's paid a massive massive price for it

Alli has featured in CM and far too deep for a couple of games.
Davies and Trippier have both played too much given they're usually bench warmers.
Sissoko has been diabolical, starting or as a sub.
Simmer shouldn't be featuring in this competition.

The formation which we played in the first half against the spammers backfired badly - didnt work at all. Then at HT, Poch changed to our tried and tested 4-2-3-1.

Tonight, Poch decided to start with the same formation which he started with against Wet Spam

Stupid

Hope not Poch is planing to use Dier -Wimmer as centre and Vertonghen as left back on sunday. Then we're fu**ed

We have been poor in the CL agreed, but if we were really gutless and as spineless as many of you claim I doubt we would currently be unbeaten in the league and just 4 points off the top. Anybody can get behind a team when they are doing well how about we get behind the team after tonight's performance.

We lost 1:5 against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and we have done okay in the league since then. We get knocked out of the CL tonight and we get behind the team because we have Chelsea on Saturday

I don't actually think they're spineless - they've proven they aren't.

I think they were utterly brainless all through the CL campaign, though, and I stick by it. Played like glue-eating five year olds.

I see Leicester are still doing well in the CL. Interesting that, they win the EL last year, and giving a great fist of it in the CL this year - priorities ??!!

yes Bale, who came out of his shell - nay, exploded. But this whole lack of prep time ? No, other teams seem to be able to do it. We need to learn, again - I wonder who Poch talked to about managing the CL experience
I don't disagree mate. We are a team who are normally well drilled- we looked anything but in the games against Monaco and Leverkusen. Poch has never managed in the Champions League before.

Back