• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Monaco OMT

Did you watch the game? 6-1 would've been a completely fair result. We were at least 5 goals worse that that Monaco side tonight.
You are absolutely right. The scoreline flattered us. If Alli had scored near the death it would have been daylight robbery. It was a monstrouserty of a performance.

A few things really concerned me tonight.
No pressure on the ball anywhere on the pitch. Not even those players crossing.
Very slow methodical buildup that more often than not ended up back at Lloris' feet. This happens so often I have wonder if the Poch has asked for this.
And the most worrying thing is that Poch is not changing tactics in game to counteract the obvious threat on the goal, let alone make us an attacking force. We we're getting destroyed in the full back positions but he did nothing to counteract it.

If you can stomach it watch the replay of the free kick that resulted in Lloris best save of the night. Watch how many players didn't go back in with their runners.

Last edited:
What I am struggling to come to terms with is that we have strived to achieve champions league qualification, which apparently is the new holy grail, and then we treat it exactly the same as we have have every europa league, which is the same as we treat the carling cup or what ever it's called now...like it is a waste of time. And they wanted us to stump up for 3 home games in advance.... I think a refund is in order..... Carry on like this and there is no point finishing higher than 7th or 8th....just like the good old days!!

He has, in honesty, said time and again this season that we're lacking energy and pace. It just seems like we're not instructed to counter attack though. It's like we're not setting up for it. When we win the ball, there should be a bell going inside our offensive player's heads to get into positions, but it doesn't seem to happen. We're just standing there, pausing with the ball, passing it sideways. It does look like it's the way we're set up to play, but I can't believe we are, as we surely didn't play that way last season, and it wouldn't make sense to play AVB-ball this season.
Our players are focussed on to retain possession, not to give it away cheaply.

Only saw snatches of the game, as had police banging on my door mid-game (long unbelievable story for random maybe).

Thought they could have had a red for the stamp on Kane end of the first half. ?

The defending by Dier was it, for their first was basic. Kind of thing Rose used to do. Fly across too quickly and get turned.

Trippiers not much better but more forgivable.

Son was promising again but he and the team lack conviction in the final third. Too many hesitant runs, touches, and finishes.

Ultimately I think we've suffered from too much rotation. You have to rotate from some kind of foundation. We haven't established a solid successful foundation this season. Not due to one thing but a number: injuries to key players, international breaks, never playing the same side, changing formation, signing players who 'complicate' the squad. Players who are a similar ability to existing players and need to be integrated.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Our players are focussed on to retain possession, not to give it away cheaply.

Hitting teams on the break isn't the same as giving the ball away cheaply. It's one of the ABC's of football, especially for top clubs. Is there a single top, top European club that isn't good at counter attacking?

Every time I watch Sissoko touches the ball I laugh hysterically and shake my head in disbelief that we paid £30m for him. Surely the worst signing in history of the club?

Now we can focus on a top four finish so we can qualify for the CL so that we can rotate to focus on the league so we can qualify for the CL so that we can rotate to focus on the league...

I can take losing. But it's the way we lose that makes me want to smash something! Where has our pressing game gone? It's non existent! And in a game we HAVE to win, where is the passion and desire? This game we should have gone at like the Chelsea game last season! Yet there is no urgency, no desire to just go for it, no fighting spirit! Instead they whimp out of tackles, turn their ass to shots like little school girls instead of jumping in and sacrificing themselves. I can't understand it and it makes me fuming mad!

Wow. How bad are we right now?:(
I guess that last-gasp win vs the Hammers was indeed papering over the cracks.

Can anybody tell me how we are NOT seeing the beginning of the end for Poch; i.e. that we have been fully turned into nothing more than an athletics outfit and now even too knackered/physically drained to even do that anymore?:(

Feels very last-days-of-AVB...

Most of us thought we'd safely improved our squad depth over the summer, and on paper, that was probably true. We're not feeling the benefit, though, because the implicit assumption that core squad members' form would be maintained hasn't yet been borne out. We've had suspensions and injuries, and the timing of those has been unfortunate, but there is an undeniably jaded aspect to many of our performances so far; never more so than tonight. We are some way short of the sum of last season's parts and, sadly, not anywhere near living up to our own hype just now. Sobering.

Most of us thought we'd safely improved our squad depth over the summer, and on paper, that was probably true. We're not feeling the benefit, though, because the implicit assumption that core squad members' form would be maintained hasn't yet been borne out. We've had suspensions and injuries, and the timing of those has been unfortunate, but there is an undeniably jaded aspect to many of our performances so far; never more so than tonight. We are some way short of the sum of last season's parts and, sadly, not anywhere near living up to our own hype just now.
Here's a question. Ignoring the new buys for a moment, have any of our players been playing better this season than last? Son maybe in fits and starts but he almost had couldn't regress from where he was. Lloris I suppose. The rest have all regressed really in my opinion.

I guess my point is that so many of our players look off form and all at the same time, give or take the odd game. We can only get better, right?

Very slow methodical buildup that more often than not ended up back at Lloris' feet.
The lack of ambition in our play when possession is all that matters is cringeworthy. Centre back to goal keeper to other centre back to goal keeper to centre back to goalkeeper....

The truth is that injuries to Kane, Lamela, Alderweireld have buggered our season so far. Ali looks lost at times etc BUT despite that, Son missed a one on one with the keeper. WTF! Kane swung and missed. Ali missed near the end. We had chances but didn't take them. So I don't see this as "last days of AVB" just that we didn't IMPROVE the squad in the summer, and the players are too young/ not good enough to compete in this league and also the PL. Our best team is a match for anyone. 2 or 3 players out and we fall a long way short.

Back