• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Monaco OMT

Tonight we reminded me of Emirates Marketing Project a few years ago when they could t do anything in the champions league despite having the players ... take out Kompnay and Aguero and they fell apart (Toby and Kane for us)

Rio on BT just beat me to it. Where the **** has our high pressing game gone?? We look so slow lately

Was thinking the same thing. We were missing 5 of our last year's first team tonight. No Toby, Walker, Verts, Lamela. Erisken who's form may be something to do with that. Even the one's that played don't look fully fit - Harry, Dele, Dembele. Lamela is a big part of the press, as is overall fitness of the others like Harry, Dele and Moussa.

I don't disagree mate. We are a team who are normally well drilled- we looked anything but in the games against Monaco and Leverkusen. Poch has never managed in the Champions League before.
This is Poch's conundrum. Maybe the premiere league has been the priority, is all I can think of

U
We are starting to look worryingly 'AVB'esque' these days. How many bloody times did Tripper play the ball backwards?

So slow and laboured in going forward every single time.
Compare this with their fullbacks.
They were adventurous and direct.
Most importantly, they did not mess about putting the ball across, even from outside the 18 yard box.
Anyone care to calculate how many crosses they put in and how quickly compared to ours?
In order to score goals the ball has to go into the box, preferably with our players, indeed at the same time.
Possession stats alone aren't going to make you a success.

I see Leicester are still doing well in the CL. Interesting that, they win the EL last year, and giving a great fist of it in the CL this year - priorities ??!!

Because they know they will never have it this good again so are making the most of it

We fully expect to be here again but that doesn't excuse weak performances

The formation which we played in the first half against the spammers backfired badly - didnt work at all. Then at HT, Poch changed to our tried and tested 4-2-3-1.

Tonight, Poch decided to start with the same formation which he started with against Wet Spam

Stupid
Yup. And with Tripper, and CB pairing of Dier/Wimmer, Winks in midfield and Dele and Demebele not looking fit it did not go well. AT all.

Chelsea are different gravy ATM.
I'd take a point NOW!
I know mate, but I wasn't very confident going to the effeminates but we played well there. The only consolation from tonight is that the game was played on Tuesday and so we have plenty of preparation time for Chelsea

Because they know they will never have it this good again so are making the most of it

We fully expect to be here again but that doesn't excuse weak performances
There is indeed that. But do they have world beaters ? I think we were missing some key players, but also we lack real pace to get at deep layered defences. We can't seem to pick the lock, especially by trying to walk it in.

It's quite baffling that we're playing a CB pairing that hasn't played together before in a CL away game we have to win, as well as a right back that barely plays any matches for us. On top of that, one of the guys playing CB hasn't been good all season, and the other one has barely played. Baffling. It's like Poch has decided he doesn't care for the CL (everyone in the squad can compete, yeah right), and it's affected the players. "Oh, he's starting with those two at the back, does he care at all? Should I care?". I'm just speculating. But it's weird.

This is Poch's conundrum. Maybe the premiere league has been the priority, is all I can think of

Oh come on...we are NOT going to win the League are we! Does anyone seriously think we will / can??!
We couldn't even topple Leicester, let alone push the likes of this season's Liverpool and Chelsea without European distractions. Plus City and inevitably Arsenal finishing above us.

If Poch, having got us to the CL, is now prioritising the league over it, then it's a bigger joke than tonight's performance!!!

what point ? Taking a dig at poch when all os us having been saying, in poch we trust ??

This is a steep learning curve for him. Either we back him again, when chips are down - or we get on his back, and slaughter him again and again ... I think he has to learn how to win in different ways, we weren't losing 5-0 or 6-1, it was 2-1.

But I do think we need more than 1 player as game changers, just that little bit of magic against top opposition.
Did you watch the game? 6-1 would've been a completely fair result. We were at least 5 goals worse that that Monaco side tonight.

Was thinking the same thing. We were missing 5 of our last year's first team tonight. No Toby, Walker, Verts, Lamela. Erisken who's form may be something to do with that. Even the one's that played don't look fully fit - Harry, Dele, Dembele. Lamela is a big part of the press, as is overall fitness of the others like Harry, Dele and Moussa.
I agree.
However, why play them? At least for so long. Dembele should have gone early, Alli wasn't tracking, Kane likes to play and we needed a goal so understandable.
We needed to match their athleticism so fitness was vital. GKN, Sissoko, Son, had to play.
Winks was our best outfield player and yet he went too.
Focussing on the next game is not worth sacrificing a competition we have worked so hard to get too. The supposed Premier Football Competition which is a money maker and attractive to incoming players.

There is indeed that. But do they have world beaters ? I think we were missing some key players, but also we lack real pace to get at deep layered defences. We can't seem to pick the lock, especially by trying to walk it in.

No not at all, but they played their best team every game

We haven't and we have suffered from it

Wembley hasn't helped but we have been our own worse enemies

The annoying thing there though is that three of them were 'rested'. Even if we assume Eriksen was dropped due to his poor form that is still Vertonghen and Walker not picked to play in a game that was in effect a "must win" in order to stay in the competition.

Oh come on...we are NOT going to win the League are we! Does anyone seriously think we will / can??!
We couldn't even topple Leicester, let alone push the likes of this season's Liverpool and Chelsea without European distractions. Plus City and inevitably Arsenal finishing above us.

If Poch, having got us to the CL, is now prioritising the league over it, then it's a bigger joke than tonight's performance!!!
Maybe not win the league, but top four - even that seems so tough right now, but we are within touching distance.

No not at all, but they played their best team every game

We haven't and we have suffered from it

Wembley hasn't helped but we have been our own worse enemies

Wembley is a total anathema for me as a stadium - I loath the place for football.

We are on a hiding to nil.
The fitness of too many players is at a critical low, I don't think we know the whole story either.
We look like Dele and Kane are well below par.
Wimmer looked way off the pace.

Last edited:

Are you suggesting that winning the CL would be easier to win?
Maybe Poch wants to consolidate our position in the top 4..
Hopefully not in the same vein as Woolwich, but with aspirations of seriously challenging for it at some point within 5 years.

Back