• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Son showing us that if used properly he is world class.
He needs space to run in to. And for that to happen Kane has to drop deeper back.

3000.jpg

He middled that volley.

Son showing us that if used properly he is world class.
He needs space to run in to. And for that to happen Kane has to drop deeper back.

Space to run into, chances to finish. The latter part has been more inconsistent this season than it has in a long time. He was always going to return to that, very good to see him showing that he's well on his way.

On creating that space. Sure, Kane dropping deep is part of the solution. But it's not enough. It's just about the most obvious and well known plan in English football at the moment. Sometimes teams will be able to stop that when they know it will happen. Mixing it up with Son dropping deeper, Kane further forward seems like a good idea to me. But mostly we need other players progressing the ball with quality into and in the final third. So that if teams stop that Kane to Son pathway we can exploit the space they create and find other ways to attack

We tried Kane drops deep, Son runs in behind plan A, plan B give it to Moura to run at three players approach. Got dreadful and got Mourinho the sack.

His best game this season and more like we all know he can do, lets all hope he can now go on a run of scoring ( we all know he has done so in the past).

Space to run into, chances to finish. The latter part has been more inconsistent this season than it has in a long time. He was always going to return to that, very good to see him showing that he's well on his way.

On creating that space. Sure, Kane dropping deep is part of the solution. But it's not enough. It's just about the most obvious and well known plan in English football at the moment. Sometimes teams will be able to stop that when they know it will happen. Mixing it up with Son dropping deeper, Kane further forward seems like a good idea to me. But mostly we need other players progressing the ball with quality into and in the final third. So that if teams stop that Kane to Son pathway we can exploit the space they create and find other ways to attack

We tried Kane drops deep, Son runs in behind plan A, plan B give it to Moura to run at three players approach. Got dreadful and got Mourinho the sack.

We need kulu to mix it up and create space by drawing players onto him.
Kulu in the team spreads the threat.

Interesting that because Son has made a what most seem to agree is a poor start with only three goals in his first nine PL appearances so far it was deemed necessary to change the thread title.

Interesting because he'd scored only four from his first TEN PL appearances last season! Just one more than from his first nine this time around.

Yet last season he still ended up sharing the Golden Boot with 23 PL goals. The same number as Salah, whose total included no less than five from the penalty spot.

On this basis I fear we have treated him rather shabbily. He surely deserves to have his thread title restored to what it was:

Heung-Min Son, Golden Boot Winner

Interesting that because Son has made a what most seem to agree is a poor start with only three goals in his first nine PL appearances so far it was deemed necessary to change the thread title.

Interesting because he'd scored only four from his first TEN PL appearances last season! Just one more than from his first nine this time around.

Yet last season he still ended up sharing the Golden Boot with 23 PL goals. The same number as Salah, whose total included no less than five from the penalty spot.

On this basis I fear we have treated him rather shabbily. He surely deserves to have his thread title restored to what it was:

Heung-Min Son, Golden Boot Winner
He scored 0 goals when it was that title and it was only changed to that after he's had his golden boot season. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

He scored 0 goals when it was that title and it was only changed to that after he's had his golden boot season. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Well I think it's just sad that our leading scorer from open play last season gets it in the neck the moment as he has a barren spell. Over season 2021-22 NO other player in the PL had as consistent a scoring record as Son.

Let's also remember that Kane scored just one in his first 13 PL games last season. Don't recall his thread title being changed as a consequence. Yet already he has eight from his first nine in the Premier League this time around.

Point being that every striker ever known (bar maybe that freak at the Emirates) has had long non-scoring runs. Even Alan Shearer once went nine England internationals on the trot without bulging the net.

Frankly Sonny deserves better from us.

Last edited:
Well I think it's just sad that our leading scorer from open play last season gets it in the neck the moment as he has a barren spell. Over season 2021-22 NO other player in the PL had as consistent a scoring record as Son.

Let's also remember that Kane scored just one in his first PL games last season. Don't recall his thread title being changed as a consequence. Yet already he has eight from his first nine in the Premier League this time around.

Point being that every striker ever known (bar maybe that freak at the Emirates) has had long non-scoring runs. Even Alan Shearer once went nine England internationals on the trot without bulging the net.

Frankly Sonny deserves better from us.
I think you may be replying to a different point - I superstitiously asked for the thread title to be changed back to what it was while he was going through his barren spell. I don't think I am giving it to him in the neck.

That said advocating for him or Kane to be rotated or rested isn't disregarding their previous once in a generation contributions for us, it's partly to help increase their career, avoid injury, be fit at the end of the season and help us succession plan for their eventual departures. In the past we have had little option but to flog them but with Richarlison and Kulu we now have viable alternatives.

Last edited:

I think you have touched upon something very important with regards Kane dropping deep and making things happen for Son and co. I think its particularly important considering the system we use of 343 and the limitations of our first choice midfielders. They are good players peh and bentancur but they are not amazing world class players which would be needed to make the system work without Kane dropping back into the AM sort of position.

System being the crucial word as its failed to work multiple times this season most notably in the first half against leicester where we simply couldn't keep the ball for more than two passes and a decent side would have scored at least 5 goals against us during that half.

Kane not dropping back could be the key reason why to the naked eye we have regressed this season compared to the second half of last season. I wonder if for this season Conte wanted to see Kane further up more often.

As you said Kulu helps of course (and he has hardly played this season) but I don’t think Son should be dropping back much as he has a tendency to mess up the final pass by at best playing it too far ahead or behind someone, or at worst playing awful passes out of play.

The mourinho comment is also interesting as after the dreadful opening day loss at home to everton town Kane then began to drop deep and we played some sexy stuff, scored multiple goals and went top. After the freak wham comeback (fuelled by sanchez being sanchez and an alien equaliser) mourinho seemed to overreact and become overly cautious which led to awful football and narrow wins at best and ultimately the whole thing fell apart but not because Kane was dropping deep now and again.

I think you may be replying to a different point - I superstitiously asked for the thread title to be changed back to what it was while he was going through his barren spell. I don't think I am giving it to him in the neck.

That said advocating for him or Kane to be rotated or rested isn't to disregarding their previous once in a generation contributions for us, it's partly to help increase their career, avoid injury, be fit at the end of the season and help us succession plan for their eventual departures. In the past we have had little option but to flog them but with Richarlison and Kulu we now have viable alternatives.
Not aimed at you, @MKSpur - your posts are usually fair-minded and balanced. Also I can see that to an extent the thread title was meant more tongue in cheek. But it was changed off the back of some very harsh and in my view unfair criticism, given that ALL strikers have a barren spell from time to time. Not saying he wasn't due some criticism, just that in my view it went over the top with certain posters.

Tottenham Hotspur star Son Heung-min's 11th place finish in this year's Ballon d'Or is the highest ever recorded by an Asian player in the award's history.

With 23 goals, Son became the first-ever Asian player to win the Premier League's Golden Boot award last season and he's since built on that impressive record.
Don't remember anything being made of that at the time?

People talk about missing Deki and we do, massively but without stating the obvious we are missing Son on form, one of the massive issues we have currently is we are almost carrying two losses, Deki and Son

We need him to snap out of this period of bad touch and bad decisions and quickly. We need his 20 goals and 10 assists a year

People talk about missing Deki and we do, massively but without stating the obvious we are missing Son on form, one of the massive issues we have currently is we are almost carrying two losses, Deki and Son

We need him to snap out of this period of bad touch and bad decisions and quickly. We need his 20 goals and 10 assists a year
Majority of his goals came when kulu joined….

Back