• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Games v Goals - Thats not streaky its important, we need this player back and quick

View attachment 14665
He was streaky up until last season. Just because his games vs goals ratio was good doesn’t mean he wasn’t streaky - he could get 10 goals in 7 games then none for the next 10 games and he’s still have a good goals to games ratio. Some said he was world class, he never was world class. He has a world class long range shot on him but when that isn’t firing the rest of his attributes other than pace is very average - his passing and control is so often poor…..

He was streaky up until last season. Just because his games vs goals ratio was good doesn’t mean he wasn’t streaky - he could get 10 goals in 7 games then none for the next 10 games and he’s still have a good goals to games ratio. Some said he was world class, he never was world class. He has a world class long range shot on him but when that isn’t firing the rest of his attributes other than pace is very average - his passing and control is so often poor…..

I mean we can call it what we like but we need him firing, we are a third through the season and his return is one of the worst since he has been here, regardless of when they come we need a hot streak from him now

Just checked last 5 years. Didn't go 10 games without scoring. Went 7 but a couple were sub appearances.

As for world class depends on what your definition is. If it's could he play for the best teams in the world like city or madrid. The answer is yes.

I have never taken to him. Streaky player and I just plain don't like him.

Scores more regularly then Kanoute but he was very favourite striker of the last 30 years.

Be honest I don't even rate kane that much.

Son needs to be played to his strength - at top speed and space ahead of him to attack.
Would be sad to see him go, but he - like any player - would be replaceable.
I would love to see Son succeed as Bale did. Don't think we are going to win the league or CL soon.

Just checked last 5 years. Didn't go 10 games without scoring. Went 7 but a couple were sub appearances.

As for world class depends on what your definition is. If it's could he play for the best teams in the world like city or madrid. The answer is yes.
Never said he went 10 games without scoring, that was just an example of what streaky looks like. And Son is streaky, he’s either very hot or he’s cold there’s no inbetween. When Kane is off form he still chips in with goals and assists.

Disagree with your suggested definition of world class because playing for a certain club is about whether you would get into their team and fit into their style and no evidence that you are top class. Son would not get into Emirates Marketing Project’s team, he does not have the technique in terms of control and passing to play there - yes he has a great long range shot, but when that isn’t working he is extremely average and is exactly why he’s not world class and why Kane is…..

I have never taken to him. Streaky player and I just plain don't like him.

Scores more regularly then Kanoute but he was very favourite striker of the last 30 years.

Be honest I don't even rate kane that much.

They've scored about 45 percent of our PL goals for the past decade, so they can't be too bad.

I'd agree with those who say that, for all his wonderful shooting technique, he has a pretty poor first touch and ball control for such a mercurial player.

But he's always been that way - I remember reading about him when he was back at Hamburg, long, long before he joined us, and he was seen as much the same. Ruthless finisher with both feet, pacy as hell, not great in possession, woeful in the air. Leverkusen the same, and with us, the same.

He's improved on his close control when dribbling at speed, but until he really gets on his bike, he's quite easy to dispossess, and he can't quite wriggle out of tight corners like, say, a Bernardo Silva, or a Raheem Sterling.

The problem is, the two things he was phenomenally good at, finishing and acceleration, are what his game lacks right now. He doesn't seem to have that blistering pace anymore - he used to be able to leave defenders for dead from a standing start, now even at his top speed, defenders can keep pace with him. And finishing, well - you're seeing it. Guy can't hit a barn door right now.

The latter is just in his head - he's beating himself up over misses, and each one adds to his lack of self-confidence.

But I wonder about the former, honestly. It could be he's still struggling to recover from the gruelling pre-season, or maybe he'll come into form post WC. But I'm just wondering if something's shifted with him and he's no longer as fast as he used to be. And that is bleeding into everything else.

I'd agree with those who say that, for all his wonderful shooting technique, he has a pretty poor first touch and ball control for such a mercurial player.

But he's always been that way - I remember reading about him when he was back at Hamburg, long, long before he joined us, and he was seen as much the same. Ruthless finisher with both feet, pacy as hell, not great in possession, woeful in the air. Leverkusen the same, and with us, the same.

He's improved on his close control when dribbling at speed, but until he really gets on his bike, he's quite easy to dispossess, and he can't quite wriggle out of tight corners like, say, a Bernardo Silva, or a Raheem Sterling.

The problem is, the two things he was phenomenally good at, finishing and acceleration, are what his game lacks right now. He doesn't seem to have that blistering pace anymore - he used to be able to leave defenders for dead from a standing start, now even at his top speed, defenders can keep pace with him. And finishing, well - you're seeing it. Guy can't hit a barn door right now.

The latter is just in his head - he's beating himself up over misses, and each one adds to his lack of self-confidence.

But I wonder about the former, honestly. It could be he's still struggling to recover from the gruelling pre-season, or maybe he'll come into form post WC. But I'm just wondering if something's shifted with him and he's no longer as fast as he used to be. And that is bleeding into everything else.

He won the golden boot less than 6 months ago and was many peoples choice of player of the season. Lets not write him off just yet.

Not sure if anyone is writing him off. I’m certainly not. But he has been rubbish for most of the season. His best performance by a mile came off the subs bench and he should be heading back there once we have a decent alternative unless he ups his game considerably.

Not sure if anyone is writing him off. I’m certainly not. But he has been rubbish for most of the season. His best performance by a mile came off the subs bench and he should be heading back there once we have a decent alternative unless he ups his game considerably.

Would agree with this and at this time once Kulu gets fit iwould hope that Kane and he will take two spots and the third going to Son/ Richie as needed.

I genuinely think there are a lot of players who are being cautious.
A hard tackle can damage a bone.
A full speed sprint can full a muscle.

The difference between going 90% and 100% is very very noticeable in the PL.
And it's understandable. Also probably partly sub conscious.
He's definitely not alone.

I genuinely think there are a lot of players who are being cautious.
A hard tackle can damage a bone.
A full speed sprint can full a muscle.

The difference between going 90% and 100% is very very noticeable in the PL.
And it's understandable. Also probably partly sub conscious.
He's definitely not alone.
Seems like excuses to me.

Back