• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

It’s about getting the balance right. Club football should come first, but you have to respect players (especially foreign players) desire to play for their country. As Chich said, most countries don’t take a backwards view on patriotism and view it as a negative like some in this country do ie they’re sensible. They are immensely proud to represent their countries as you can see when South American teams play for example, they give it their all just for the national anthems! I must admit I have no patience for international friendlies but other nations take a different view, very rarely do Brazilians pull out of the Brazil squad for example. Used to be the case anyway, can’t say I follow them too much now.

I gave cleaned up the last few years laying both teams to score in one sided international qualifers. Is easy money, but tottenham comes before everything else.

Well I am an idiot, and sadly British, but it’s not a nationalistic thing.

I can’t think of any other industry where this type of moonlighting is acceptable.

Professional footballers shouldn’t play for anyone other than their contracted teams.

The World Cup would be way more fun that way too.

As FB pointed out, several other sports do the same.

Other "industries" too with non professional athletes working and also training and competing.

As you bring up contacts. The way things currently work is what is contracted. The reason clubs can't stop players from playing internationals.

A lot of countries actually put real resources into developing players. We benefit from that when we sign a player. Playing for the national team is often also important in building a player's profile, which again makes the clubs money. Son is probably one of the prime examples of that.

Finally, this is how football works. There's too many games, the workload is too high. But the profit focus keeps that from changing. There's a responsibility to change that, particularly on the big organisations running the game. It probably won't happen though. To put that on an individual player, "he needs to retire", is to me placing that responsibility entirely in the wrong place.

Obviously the player should get to decide what is best for him.

I can’t think of any other industry where this type of moonlighting is acceptable.

Professional footballers shouldn’t play for anyone other than their contracted teams.

As FB pointed out, several other sports do the same.

Other "industries" too with non professional athletes working and also training and competing.

As you bring up contacts. The way things currently work is what is contracted. The reason clubs can't stop players from playing internationals.

A lot of countries actually put real resources into developing players. We benefit from that when we sign a player. Playing for the national team is often also important in building a player's profile, which again makes the clubs money. Son is probably one of the prime examples of that.

Finally, this is how football works. There's too many games, the workload is too high. But the profit focus keeps that from changing. There's a responsibility to change that, particularly on the big organisations running the game. It probably won't happen though. To put that on an individual player, "he needs to retire", is to me placing that responsibility entirely in the wrong place.

Obviously the player should get to decide what is best for him.

Pretty clear that Kane regards himself as the senior outfield player and is likely pulling rank on Son, something that's not too difficult given Son's innate desire to please everyone. Chances are also that Conte is more wary of upsetting Kane than Son, maybe in part because he is under advice from Levy to keep Kane on board at all costs.

Of course there may come a point when the debate becomes who is the more dispensible, Son or Kane? But we have clearly not reached that point yet. So if Son is to take over goalscoring free-kick duties from Kane it may have to be a result of Conte taking the risk of overriding his No.1 striker or by Kane himself voluntarily giving up the role.

Sadly I see no sign of either of those things happening any time soon.

So Son has scored from 3 direct free kicks in bus last 3 or 4 Internationals, if this continues then Conte is guilty of a dereliction of Duty while Kane just needs a slap

We have a squad of >20 players

The only player we know for a FACT is absolutely rubbish at freekicks, is Kane.
He's taken hundreds and missed them all.

Davies hasn't. Royal hasn't. Sissoko never got a chance. Nor Sanchez. Nor Lloris.
The only player who DEFINITELY should NEVER take another freekick for us, is the guy proven to miss hundreds in a row.

Pretty clear that Kane regards himself as the senior outfield player and is likely pulling rank on Son, something that's not too difficult given Son's innate desire to please everyone. Chances are also that Conte is more wary of upsetting Kane than Son, maybe in part because he is under advice from Levy to keep Kane on board at all costs.

Of course there may come a point when the debate becomes who is the more dispensible, Son or Kane? But we have clearly not reached that point yet. So if Son is to take over goalscoring free-kick duties from Kane it may have to be a result of Conte taking the risk of overriding his No.1 striker or by Kane himself voluntarily giving up the role.

Sadly I see no sign of either of those things happening any time soon.

Then conte should walk, he is the manager, no player should have any say in the team.
None, in any circumstances, and if levy is allowing that he is a fool.
I really doubt harry has that kind of pull.

.... Or thfc is contractually obliged to let kane take free kicks, and Conte has no say

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Oh hello.

I like that line of thought. Had never even crossed my mind. But that line of thought appeals to me.

Might pass it off as inside information in the pub later. Picked it up on a golf day with a director, that sort of thing. Love winding people up in the pub.

What about cricket, rugby etc. players?

Son Heung-min scored another goal from a free-kick, would you like to see him take more for Spurs?

Yeah, but Sonny is one of the three players who have the task of taking set pieces. We have him, Harry [Kane] and Eric Dier. For sure now he's in great confidence because he scored but already before he was one of these three players that can take set pieces

Son Heung-min scored another goal from a free-kick, would you like to see him take more for Spurs?

Yeah, but Sonny is one of the three players who have the task of taking set pieces. We have him, Harry [Kane] and Eric Dier. For sure now he's in great confidence because he scored but already before he was one of these three players that can take set pieces

Not sure if this is prem only as sure Moura is 1 from 1 against someone like Marine in the FA Cup.

What about cricket, rugby etc. players?

Cricket is different as the international game is the top tier, they are paid primarily for that and use county games as training only when not involved in tests.

Rugby, no idea, don’t care, it’s a stupid irrelevant game.

Back