• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Brilliant hat trick and just the response you want from a player who was left out. He will get 15-20 league goals as per and the usual suspects will say he doesn’t do anything but score and he’s had a bad season.

Lineker and greaves didn't do anything but score. Liked them. Guess i just like us scoring. Not sure what else we should do.

Lineker and greaves didn't do anything but score. Liked them. Guess i just like us scoring. Not sure what else we should do.
Greaves certainly would not have chased back like they do today, nothing like it, but nor did most forwards in his day. But then it wasn't really expected of forwards until towards the end of his career. He was something of a jack-in-the-box, a real livewire who would come alive the moment there was a sniff of a goal.

But he was also a fine passer of the ball and would play his part in the build-up like any other forward, especially in his younger days. And his hunger for goals meant he would put in a decent enough shift getting into position etc. I suspect his reputation really stems from later in his career when maybe he was more prone to taking a breather. But again, that was not so uncommon in his day. To this day I have vivid memories of Danny Blanchflower frequently bent double trying to catch his breath in his later years.

Different times!

Greaves certainly would not have chased back like they do today, nothing like it, but nor did most forwards in his day. But then it wasn't really expected of forwards until towards the end of his career. He was something of a jack-in-the-box, a real livewire who would come alive the moment there was a sniff of a goal.

But he was also a fine passer of the ball and would play his part in the build-up like any other forward, especially in his younger days. And his hunger for goals meant he would put in a decent enough shift getting into position etc. I suspect his reputation really stems from later in his career when maybe he was more prone to taking a breather. But again, that was not so uncommon in his day. To this day I have vivid memories of Danny Blanchflower frequently bent double trying to catch his breath in his later years.

Different times!

As you say different times, after playing 90 mins on pitches that were like ploughed fields, boots that weighed a ton, old leather balls that once wet were as heavy as medicine balls and every opposistion player kicking brick out of you for 90 mins it was no wonder they took time to catch their breath.

As you say different times, after playing 90 mins on pitches that were like ploughed fields, boots that weighed a ton, old leather balls that once wet were as heavy as medicine balls and every opposistion player kicking brick out of you for 90 mins it was no wonder they took time to catch their breath.

the smoking and the drinking and the roast dinners before matches might have been a factor too

Did you notice that he had a really long and happy embrace with the fitness coach Ventrone, after match?
Looked like he must be having some important input into Son that's appreciated by him.

Did you notice that he had a really long and happy embrace with the fitness coach Ventrone, after match?
Looked like he must be having some important input into Son that's appreciated by him.

Son talked about it in one of his interviews. Says that ventrone had been really supportive even if his english isn't that good. The morning before the game they had a really good conversation, with ventrone using his phone to help him translate. Son really appreciated it.

Last edited:
Son talked about it in one of his interviews. Says that ventrone had been really supportive even if his english isn't that good. The morning before the game they had a really good conversation, with ventrone using his phone his phone to help him translate. Son really appreciated it.
Lovely

Back