• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

'Soldier beheaded' outside barracks in Woolwich

I have never been able to stand Russel Brand. This the first reason I have ever had to think well of him. Very good piece.

Re: 'Soldier beheaded' oustide barracks in Woolwich

Earlier you stated "Im not a big fan of muslim people... Thats not to say ALL muslims are bad and fundamentalists and I have one or two Islamic friends (but theyre the new age not the fundamentalists). I dont neccessarily think its the religion that is the issue (as much as I dislike the Qu'ran) its the people that cant see through the outdated message the religion relays"

It just seemed a bit crass to me, as though Muslims are either new age or fundamentalist and that the Koran is evil and Islam is outdated. I can see what you're trying to say I think, but I'm sure there are some very nice Muslims who are neither new age nor fundamentalist, and I'm sure you can read into the Koran exactly what you want - if you want to interpret passages as inciting war then people will read that and think it means "go and chop off someone's head" but there are other interpretations, so I'm told.

I'm not at all religious, I've never read any holy books, you know more about it than me and have been affected by this kind of thing more than me, your post just seemed a bit 'full-on'

I didnt mean to be full on and its a case of not all muslims are 'bad' as opposed to all 'bad' are muslims. I have been affected (albeit not directly - although when I go to Egypt - my name John is a giveaway and you get treated like a fudgein outcast ha), the country my parents are from has been affected and relatives have too - but that is a country that is full of people who have nothing better to do than focus entirely on religion and taking everything be it in the Bible or in the Qu'ran as literal.

Maybe its the culture too - a muslim in this country will be very different from a muslim in the Middle East and North Africa etc. Its really only the radicalised muslims here that seem to be 'insane' as evidenced by the two cretins.

The only interest I personally have is that centuries of struggle for the right for freedom of speech is not overturned simply to pacify the threat of violence from those who seek to nullify it.

For example, I am a vegetarian, though I accept that many people choose to eat meat and that is their right to do so.

However, I believe the Islamic method of slaughter is barbaric and should be banned in this country.

Here is an example of it: (Do not watch this video if you are squeamish).
[video=youtube;YLRXn3hW_8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLRXn3hW_8Q[/video]

Am I intolerant for wanting Islamic slaughter to be banned, or does "Freedom Of Religious Expression" have precedence over the right of a mere animal not to have a painful death?

The only interest I personally have is that centuries of struggle for the right for freedom of speech is not overturned simply to pacify the threat of violence from those who seek to nullify it.

For example, I am a vegetarian, though I accept that many people choose to eat meat and that is their right to do so.

However, I believe the Islamic method of slaughter is barbaric and should be banned in this country.

Here is an example of it: (Do not watch this video if you are squeamish).
[video=youtube;YLRXn3hW_8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLRXn3hW_8Q[/video]

Am I intolerant for wanting Islamic slaughter to be banned, or does "Freedom Of Religious Expression" have precedence over the right of a mere animal not to have a painful death?

Do you think any of the abattoirs in this country treat animals humanely? There was a documentary on it about pig abattoirs and it was horrific.

Also most halal abattoirs stun animals before they slaughter them minimising the pain but I doubt it can be painless. That's how the blimin Ecosystem works.

You seem to be spouting Edl rhetoric. This is the kind of stuff they say. You should try and meet some practising Muslims and hopefully you will stop being so hate filled.

Sadly, this is another excuse for moderate racists to feel justified in spouting hate and becoming more militant in their actions. Not just talking about white English, radical people across the globe are using religion and race hate crimes to their gain.

And who are always the victims? Us, the 'civilians', who have little or no involvement in racial an political agendas.

Agree wholeheartedly with this comment

I have never been able to stand Russel Brand. This the first reason I have ever had to think well of him. Very good piece.

I would be over the moon if we were able to place flowers outside each place of worship, it would be great if we were able to do so. However the world we live in means that this will not stop anything today or tommorrow, and yet again nothing will be done to stop all that is wrong with society. Nice words, tick a box to say we have condemmed a terrible act, now move on and forget untill the next time. The undercurrent continues, and the failure to round upon this in the Muslim community has led to outrage as they fail to acknowledge the issue, instead claiming they are not true muslims. Easy way out again, pretend there is no issue.

Agree wholeheartedly with this comment

It seems as though any debate whatsoever over the issues lead to claims of racism. It is this very ignorant view that leads to a build up of tensions as it appears as though 'one side' wishes to avoid the issues that affect the majority of people in this country, rather than joining in debate as part of a functioning nation.

Now it's happening in France....

FRENCH SOLDIER ON PATROL IN PARIS STABBED IN THE THROAT BY MAN BELIEVED TO BE OF NORTH-AFRICAN ORIGIN

The soldier was injured during the attack but will survive, said a military spokesman.

French daily Le Parisien cited police sources as saying the suspected attacker was a bearded man, about 30-years-old and was wearing an Arab-style garment under his jacket.

He fled the scene and is being sought by police.

The stabbing comes just days after a British soldier was hacked to death on a London street in broad daylight in a suspected terrorist attack that has raised fears of potential copycat strikes.

I would be over the moon if we were able to place flowers outside each place of worship, it would be great if we were able to do so. However the world we live in means that this will not stop anything today or tommorrow, and yet again nothing will be done to stop all that is wrong with society. Nice words, tick a box to say we have condemmed a terrible act, now move on and forget untill the next time. The undercurrent continues, and the failure to round upon this in the Muslim community has led to outrage as they fail to acknowledge the issue, instead claiming they are not true muslims. Easy way out again, pretend there is no issue.

It is not a Muslim community issue, it is an issue with a few nut jobs, the community has been very outspoken in condemnation and cooperation in this sad situation.

Just as Breivik was not an issue for the Christian community these guys are not an issue for us, it is everyone's issue to address together as Britains.

It is not a Muslim community issue, it is an issue with a few nut jobs, the community has been very outspoken in condemnation and cooperation in this sad situation.

Just as Breivik was not an issue for the Christian community these guys are not an issue for us, it is everyone's issue to address together as Britains.

Sadly these radical Muslims, despite being a minority, will never go away. You kill one (Bin Laden) and another will appear from the ground like the ****s they are.

Sadly these radical Muslims, despite being a minority, will never go away. You kill one (Bin Laden) and another will appear from the ground like the ****s they are.

Unfortunate but probably true. Fact is that 8 mosques have been attacked since this happened and various random racist attacks against innocent Muslims. The reaction needs to not be xenophobic. I fear that the far right have used this attack to push political agendas. It would be better if idiots like the EDL and Anjem Choudhary get no media time or even get shut down to help maintain a peaceful society.

Unfortunate but probably true. Fact is that 8 mosques have been attacked since this happened and various random racist attacks against innocent Muslims. The reaction needs to not be xenophobic. I fear that the far right have used this attack to push political agendas. It would be better if idiots like the EDL and Anjem Choudhary get no media time or even get shut down to help maintain a peaceful society.

Innocent? If so then yes it's disgusting. Are there are radicals in these 8 mosques? If so then I can't blame these guys for wanting some payback. The media stir things up absolutely these radicals shouldn't be all over our papers.

Saw today he doesnt work and gets £25k a year in benefits from us the tax payers yet continues to be the main cog behind these radical islam attacks and groups, fantastic oh yeh and Qatada's family want another houe as they dont like the 5 bedroom one they currently have

Innocent? If so then yes it's disgusting. Are there are radicals in these 8 mosques? If so then I can't blame these guys for wanting some payback. The media stir things up absolutely these radicals shouldn't be all over our papers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/25/woolwich-murder-attacks-on-muslims

These radicals don't normally attend mosques, they are places of prayer and nobody should ever think its ok to attack them as payback, that is against the law and a horrible thing to ever consider for any decent person.

I honestly don't wish to discuss this any more. No good comes of it.

Everything will work out all right in the end and everyone on the Earth will live happily together.

Im sorry but the various marches demanding shariah law? The abuse of welfare systems for the needy when there is clear hatred for the very system providing it? Its all well blaming nutjobs but again that is an easy way out. I dont see any motivations by the community to seek change instead it becomes 'britain's problem' I'm afraid there isnt a bottomless pit to solve every issue, it must have buy in from all sides especially when the issue is particularly one that the majority of people wouldn't be versed in muslim ways or understand the issues to the extent an islamic community would.

Im sorry but the various marches demanding shariah law? The abuse of welfare systems for the needy when there is clear hatred for the very system providing it? Its all well blaming nutjobs but again that is an easy way out. I dont see any motivations by the community to seek change instead it becomes 'britain's problem' I'm afraid there isnt a bottomless pit to solve every issue, it must have buy in from all sides especially when the issue is particularly one that the majority of people wouldn't be versed in muslim ways or understand the issues to the extent an islamic community would.

The Edl March and call for the closure of all mosques and most of them are not exactly hard working. They are bunch of washed up ex footy hooligans with drink problems. Benefit abuse is no more an issue in the Muslim community compared to any other. Most of us work hard and pay our taxes. That may have some truth historically but I assure you it is not the case anymore.

And yes we all need to buy in and address the issue of extremism together. That's exactly what I was saying. Muslims are not refusing to help at all, I have not seen evidence of this at all.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/25/woolwich-murder-attacks-on-muslims

These radicals don't normally attend mosques, they are places of prayer and nobody should ever think its ok to attack them as payback, that is against the law and a horrible thing to ever consider for any decent person.

Sorry buddy but that's the way it is. If I was stood next to someone who had these beliefs - well lets just say I wouldn't stop. Sad that innocent Muslims have been targeted if they indeed are.

The Edl March and call for the closure of all mosques and most of them are not exactly hard working. They are bunch of washed up ex footy hooligans with drink problems. Benefit abuse is no more an issue in the Muslim community compared to any other. Most of us work hard and pay our taxes. That may have some truth historically but I assure you it is not the case anymore.

And yes we all need to buy in and address the issue of extremism together. That's exactly what I was saying. Muslims are not refusing to help at all, I have not seen evidence of this at all.

You like referring to the EDL don't you? There may be some nut jobs as we like to call them but they want a better England and that's something I want to for me and my family. A cap on immigration and the safe return of many illegal immigrants is the way forward.

Back