• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Share Dealing

South I've opened up a trading account with Barclays.

I had been wanting to invest in CZA since you mentioned it on here earlier in the week but with me working away I never got round to it... dohh

Do you reckon it's too late to invest with them now? Have you any other tips?

I'm new to this but am going to play around with a grand to dip my feet in the water.

Cheers

CZA a bit late possibly

However, there is one share that you could make 25% on quite quickly if you time it right

Its called CAZA

Check the graphs. They are a junior oil company that have struck oil in the states.

There is positive (hopefully) news due any day now which will have a big impact on SP

You just have to time it right

It's £12.95 per trade and reduces after 15 or more trades a month to £9.95

I looked at iii but the reviews are 1.5 stars on the review center.

should have sworn they were 17.50, why I gave them the swerve.. must have cut prices.

I use First Direct. 11 quid a transaction.

Right I have my account up and running. Am going to play with a grand and use it as more of an educational amount to get started.

South CAZA share price closed at 15.81 and recent activity over the past month has fluctuated between 20 being its highest to 13 which is its lowest (or round about).

Considering my investment total and the share price + cost of trade do you reckon it's worth it for me? Personally I'm thinking of cheaper shares to make the most of the £1k split in two.

Does anyone have any places they recommend for business news other than 111?

I wouldn't recommend investing less than £1K

You will get charged £10 to buy. And £10 to sell.

So if you invest £500 you'll need at least a 4% gain, before you break even

And I've not included the "spread" in those prices.

When you purchase a share, the market maker (the institution facilitating the trade) takes a cut too.

That's why there is a different between the buy price, and the sell price.

So add that in as well, and you're effectively 5% down with a £500 investment.

And if you aren't investing in an ISA account, there's capital gains to pay if you make more than £10K ish

If you aren't investing in an ISA, you might want to ask yourself why

And don't worry about the share price compared to your investment.

If the share is 1p and goes to 2p, you've made 100%

If its 10p and goes to 20p, you've made the same gains.

Just don't invest any money you can't afford to lose!!!

As you have £1K to invest, assuming you want to dabble with some trading, I would personally recommend investing in some AIM stocks

Scour the ADVFN message boards and try to find a company that is undervalued, has potential good news around the corner, and has some cash in the bank

GOOD LUCK

Sold my entire CZA holding. I'll probably regret it but the gains (40%) were too much to ignore

Did the same with COOL too. (70%)

On to the next one.............

Right I have my account up and running. Am going to play with a grand and use it as more of an educational amount to get started.

South CAZA share price closed at 15.81 and recent activity over the past month has fluctuated between 20 being its highest to 13 which is its lowest (or round about).

Considering my investment total and the share price + cost of trade do you reckon it's worth it for me? Personally I'm thinking of cheaper shares to make the most of the £1k split in two.

Does anyone have any places they recommend for business news other than 111?

You have new mail

You have new mail

Cheers mate, will look in to it.

I agree with the < £1k investment when you take into account the fees etc so might put in another £1k and go ahead with two buys at £1k.

I was also thinking taking my money out of my current ISA and investing longer in terms of say Barclays, looking to hold onto the shares for 2+ years.

I wouldn't touch it personally.

Not much volume. It's only 20% lower than it was several years ago.

I don't really know much about ASX companies unless they're dual listed.

Looks like I called the CZA and COOL highs correctly. They are pulling back big time

Which is a HUGE OPPORTUNITY for some of you to make some cash!!!

Cheers mate, will look in to it.

I agree with the < £1k investment when you take into account the fees etc so might put in another £1k and go ahead with two buys at £1k.

I was also thinking taking my money out of my current ISA and investing longer in terms of say Barclays, looking to hold onto the shares for 2+ years.

If you have your money in a CASH ISA don't take it out. Think about transferring it to a Stocks and Shares ISA (with say Hargreaves Landsdown). It will keep its ISA status and within its new Stocks and Shares ISA you will have the choice to invest in most things (shares,funds,etf etc) you could desire. Plus as Southie says any capital gain will be tax free. (and the dividends in the good old days:( alas no more)

Remember once you withdraw from an ISA you cannot replace it (ie if you have used up the current years allowance)

If you have your money in a CASH ISA don't take it out. Think about transferring it to a Stocks and Shares ISA (with say Hargreaves Landsdown). It will keep its ISA status and within its new Stocks and Shares ISA you will have the choice to invest in most things (shares,funds,etf etc) you could desire. Plus as Southie says any capital gain will be tax free. (and the dividends in the good old days:( alas no more)

Remember once you withdraw from an ISA you cannot replace it (ie if you have used up the current years allowance)

I wouldn't worry if its not in an ISA. I know plenty of people that don't bother paying the tax. Apparently they are only likely to come after you for massive amounts.

I like the look of WHE for a longer term investment....as for COOL it all seams very postive, looking forward to Febuary 1st.

Look out for CAZA guys

Down 30% over the last 30 days now. A really good retrace.

But up 100% over the last 3 and 6 months

Any bit of good news (likely in January) will see you make a good 30-50% !!!

Not bad if you stick £5K on it!!!

Back