• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Share Dealing

If you were to invest in a stocks and shares isa can you choose which shares the fund invests in or is down to the provider?

If you were to invest in a stocks and shares isa can you choose which shares the fund invests in or is down to the provider?

Up to you, and you can buy and sell individual shares whenever you like

I currently have no shares at all, as sold them all recently...so money just sits in there as cash

I've bought into FJET @ 4.10, potential good news and a busy year ahead with the deals in mind.

Hoping for 7's in a 6 month window would be nice.

What's your thoughts on FJET South?

LOL at the Barclays thread on ADVN

SwHk0.gif

Barclays up 23.25p +7.71%

RBS up 13.10p +3.81%

Must be a lot of gutted people that got out at £3 as it seemed to stay there since early Jan. Not forgetting those that got out this morning having watched that Panarama garbage last night.

Last edited:
You got a PM

A-Lister signed up for start of campaign.

mila-kunis-new-face-of-gemfields-jewellery.jpg

Mila Kunis is adding to her Family Guy / That 70s Show / Black Swan themed CV with a new venture into what we’re pretty sure is called “ads and that,” by signing a deal as the new ‘brand ambassador’ for jewellery brand Gemfields.

Mila is said to have been chosen “for her natural beauty, versatility, intelligence and love of rare coloured gems.”

Gemfields (which we’d never heard of either, so already it’s all going to plan) is apparently the world’s leading provider of gemstones, and took ol’ Mila along to their gemstone mines in Zambia, where she got to see all the jewellery hunting and ethical mining for herself.

“While in Africa, I learned that the entire journey that each Gemfields stone takes is carefully considered and that the environment and the local communities where its mines are located are held in the highest regard,” she said.

“I absolutely have fallen in love with the rarity, beauty and history of emeralds.”

This all ties in pretty nicely with Mila’s role in upcoming release Oz the Great and Powerful and the whole ‘Emerald City thing’ that’s going on there, doesn’t it? Although if it were us we’d be far keener to be the face of Yazoo. Or Gregg’s. Or Haribo. Or Nandos’. Or… you get the idea.

What do you think of Mila’s campaign?

Thanks for the tip on Caza Southstand, been there for the over a year now and its \o/\o/. \o/

Last edited:
I will explain that massive dip on Gemfields.

What happened was GEM bought Faberge, this was paid for by giving a chunk of the company away as shares. GEM wanted a name to use all its gemstones with on the high street and they bought a classic name, they are putting stores in the major cities around the globe (London one is in Harrods).

Also at the same time the Emerald mine they dig at is in Zambia and there government decided it wanted more control. They ordered that all sales from there mines were to be held in Zambia. Everyone got worried because they are normally done in rich areas such as Singapore, Hong Kong... London. They thought the bottom would fall out the carat price, but infact the price got better.

Up.. Up... Up \o/

Ruby auctions are taking place apparently by Gemfields.. share price up.. nearly breaking 50p! Up 16% in a week.

Back