• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Share Dealing

Where is the whole portfolio?

e96pap.png

I would say B-

I should probably not post daily as there will be many ups and downs on the way!

What's happening here then!?.

I too bought RBS and Barclays for small. When is the time to sell do you reckon, I read over the weekend that both RBS and Lloyds are over priced at the moment but with the budget news from the US they went up again yesterday. What to do? RBS also have lawsuits against it from previous people who were told to buy the shares as the business was in good shape when infact it was in dire shape, but saying that it rocketed through the £3 point last week when a judge chucked such a claim against RBS out. Surely the same will apply with this new bunch of claimers bad losers.

Last edited:
What's happening here then!?.

I too bought RBS and Barclays for small. When is the time to sell do you reckon, I read over the weekend that both RBS and Lloyds are over priced at the moment but with the budget news from the US they went up again yesterday. What to do? RBS also have lawsuits against it from previous people who were told to buy the shares as the business was in good shape when infact it was in dire shape, but saying that it rocketed through the £3 point last week when a judge chucked such a claim against RBS out. Surely the same will apply with this new bunch of claimers bad losers.

Who said they are over priced ? I guess in a way they are as the banks have been struggling. On the other hand I read Lloyds in theory are worth over £1 given their assets. However, I'll be keeping my lloyds shares for a long time. I doubt RBS or Lloyds would be allowed to completely collapse, the worst of it all is probably over so there is every chance these will be worth a few £ in future. I think my shares in lloyds average out bought at 30p, so they are currently 65% up... I could sell now and take a nice bit of profit or I could just hold it and potentially make a LOT in a few years.

I thinking of setting a sell of £3.50 on the RBS shares £3 Barclays. Then waiting 6 months and waiting for the different legal problems to pass like the rate fixing brick, then jumping back on board.

What about BP shares? They went down a lot but have since stablilised and they have almost settled the spill and have been selling off assets and restructuring. Could see some cash being made there.

Analyst Ian Gordon from Investec

But Gordon warned shares in RBS and Lloyds would fall again next year. ‘They are both overpriced. Banks’ ability to generate positive returns has not improved.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ma...ders-bounce-2012-despite-string-scandals.html

Probably will go down before they go up, but long term it's possible they will be worth pounds not pence. I'm not willing to sell now and buy if they drop as I could miss out on a huge return in future. If they completely crash I won't miss the money.

Also possible that Gorden is trying to cause a dip in the price and then will buy a load himself. He can't do it alone but a lot of these people collude and say the same thing.

Probably will go down before they go up, but long term it's possible they will be worth pounds not pence. I'm not willing to sell now and buy if they drop as I could miss out on a huge return in future. If they completely crash I won't miss the money.

Also possible that Gorden is trying to cause a dip in the price and then will buy a load himself. He can't do it alone but a lot of these people collude and say the same thing.

And for those that doubt how much influence people in the public eye can have on shares, 50 Cent tweeted about a great company (who he happened to have 30 million shares in) and caused about a 1000% rise in a few days.

Thought I'd update the portfolio to show gains (or losses over 6 months)

yktpt.png

Only 1 bad pick there really (POG). If we excluded them from the portfolio, gains would be almost 40% !!!

2m3inma.png

On the 31st December I sold the entire portfolio and invested in a single share:

2j4poqe.png

I have seen gains of 40% in the last 2 week, so I'm very happy with it!!!

However, I won't be selling this one until 40p

It's currently at 16.75p and should easily hit 25-30p before the end of January.

The Chinese are investing HEAVILY in Coal and KPMG recently put a fair price on CZA of 34p.

If anybody has some spare pennies, then I would recommend a few quid on CZA.

Do your own research though, and good luck!

Right then let's have a crack at this then, cheers southstand. I have a few grand kicking about so I'll have a look see this weekend. I'm gonna have a look at a couple of picks from Questor for 2013 as they pretty much chimed with my thinking too.
I'm keeping well away from the banks that much I do know.

Good work but KPMG don't recommend shares.

Also what do you think about BP shares?

http://www.coalofafrica.com/investors-and-media/corporate-publications/2012/coal_gm_24122012.pdf

Read page 9

"The Independent Expert [KPMG Corporate Finance] assessed the fair market value of a share in the Company, inclusive of a full premium for control, to lie in the range of £0.34 to £0.43 and concluded that the Conditional Placement at a price of £0.25 per share is not fair. However, as HEI will not acquire 100% of the Company and will not have free and unfettered control over its affairs, it is not expected that HEI would be required to pay a full premium for control in the current circumstances."

Extraordinary General Meeting called for 25th January to cover the Chinese investment

Hopefully share price will lift to over the Chinese investment price (25p) by end of January.

\o/

Good work but KPMG don't recommend shares.

Also what do you think about BP shares?

How much money would you put into them ? They dropped to 300 and are now around 450, having been 500 a few months ago so you have possibly missed the boat on that one. For me I'd only consider buying them now if I was investing a lot meaning that a 10% rise would be significant.

Unless your investing huge sums of money or spend hours analysing markets you're better off investing in a diverse range of funds. Otherwise you're more likely to make money from sports betting

Back