• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Share Dealing

Very nice, but for me those penny shares are a gamble. Especially mining shares. One day all can be good, next day someone gets sacked and the whole workforce are on strike for 2 months.

So another shop falls.. Jessops has gone.

Very nice, but for me those penny shares are a gamble. Especially mining shares. One day all can be good, next day someone gets sacked and the whole workforce are on strike for 2 months.

Indeed but when they are subject to a possible takeover or popular in the BRIC countries think its a risk worth taking

Should have invested in a junior AIM company instead! :-"

Obviously it's a risk. Every investment is.

But the trick is to find genuine companies with real assets.

That's why I like junior miners. Some of them have real, tangible assets.

Which is more than can be said for some of the FTSE 100 giants.

Where do you get your info from. I'm looking at the JLP share and Yahoo finance have it as a 4 out of 5 on the mean recommendation where (Strong Buy) 1.0 - 5.0 (Sell)

They seem to have signed some deal which could bring rewards for little outlay but its certainly a longer term purchase.

Do you think they have bottomed out on the price, and have you bought on the back of this deal where they get upto 90% of anything that isn't platinum?

I get everything from ADVFN

And then I research the fundamentals by looking at company accounts etc

I check out how much cash they have in the bank, other assets, their debts, and then make a call from there

Up another £900 so far this morning :ross:

CZA up another 11%

p.php

COOL up another 12%

p.php

I purchased just after Christmas. Nice belated present!

South I've opened up a trading account with Barclays.

I had been wanting to invest in CZA since you mentioned it on here earlier in the week but with me working away I never got round to it... dohh

Do you reckon it's too late to invest with them now? Have you any other tips?

I'm new to this but am going to play around with a grand to dip my feet in the water.

Cheers

Southstand is all this info coming from people on other forums? Have found a few threads discussing these companies with exactly the same thoughts/info.

If so which forums have you found most reliable ? (I'm definitely not saying there is anything wrong with getting info from other forums, makes sense to me to do your research and get other ppls thoughts, I'm just interested in knowing which are the best).

Up another £900 so far this morning :ross:

CZA up another 11%

p.php

COOL up another 12%

p.php

I purchased just after Christmas. Nice belated present!

I put cza on my watch list at the weekend. Fat lot of good that did me haha! Didn't have time to look into more thoroughly, was tinklearsing about on forums instead.

Glad to see some money being made though good on you southie.

South I've opened up a trading account with Barclays.

I had been wanting to invest in CZA since you mentioned it on here earlier in the week but with me working away I never got round to it... dohh

Do you reckon it's too late to invest with them now? Have you any other tips?

I'm new to this but am going to play around with a grand to dip my feet in the water.

Cheers

How much do they charge you?

I used iii last time round and its a flat rate fee of £10 for each transaction which seemed like good value compared to the market at the time.

Barclays is about 17.50 I think. No good for day trading. Better or useable for longterm share dealing. Plenty of price comparison links on google to get the best one for your needs. You will be hard pressed to find a 'bank' that does it cheap.

Barclays is about 17.50 I think. No good for day trading. Better or useable for longterm share dealing. Plenty of price comparison links on google to get the best one for your needs. You will be hard pressed to find a 'bank' that does it cheap.

It's £12.95 per trade and reduces after 15 or more trades a month to £9.95

I looked at iii but the reviews are 1.5 stars on the review center.

Southstand is all this info coming from people on other forums? Have found a few threads discussing these companies with exactly the same thoughts/info.

If so which forums have you found most reliable ? (I'm definitely not saying there is anything wrong with getting info from other forums, makes sense to me to do your research and get other ppls thoughts, I'm just interested in knowing which are the best).

ADVFN is the only forum you need

It is amazing. I use the free bulletin board for all research

I also have a spreadsheet that I wrote over Christmas (sad I know), with research on all the dual listed AIM companies (about 69 companies)

It took me 2 days to write it

These equities can be held in an ISA, so no capital gains!

If anybody wants a copy, PM me your email address.

Back