• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Agreed. Live it looked ropey whereas in review it was significantly better. I think he needs a whole pre-season to get fully “Poch’d” too..:

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Successful crosses are very rare (just ask Scara). That is especially so for teams like us who tend to be playing against teams sitting deep. If Aurier can create 1 or 2 good chances in a game from his crosses then he has done a very good job IMO.

but he DIDNT successfully cover for Sanchez. He was in a place to make that header and the fact is he missed a relatively straightforward clearing header. If really doesn't matter where he found himself. He missed a simple header.

We are going round in circles, we will have to agree to disagree.

If your not going to play I'm talking my ball back ;)

200w.gif
:D

but he DIDNT successfully cover for Sanchez. He was in a place to make that header and the fact is he missed a relatively straightforward clearing header. If really doesn't matter where he found himself. He missed a simple header.
To defend him a bit. It's not a relatively straightforward header. If he was alone or only covering the player behind him it would have been.

As it was he had two players to cover and if the first player gets a free header he has a great goalscoring chance. Aurier seems to move towards challenging the first player to avoid that free header. Realizes that the ball will go over him and tries to make the clearance. That split second decision of judging if the ball will go over the first player or not is not an easy one with a well struck cross. The Bournemouth player went for the ball too seemingly thinking there was a chance he could get to it when the cross was struck.

The kind of thing that happens when a single player is left making two men at the far post.

I’m all for giving KwP more time

But that wasn’t a penalty IMO

And I thought he had a good game. Won some difficult headers and nothing came down his side but yes he shouldn’t have let their man get in front

He could give away 3 penalties in a cup final and people would still defend him.

Why? He's runs fast.

He's always out of position. His crossing is unreliable. His passing is average to poor.

But people like when he makes a recovering tackle at pace. He's shouldn't have to make a recovering tackle he should be out of position all the time.

He's has been a liability all season.

I’m all for giving KwP more time

But that wasn’t a penalty IMO

And I thought he had a good game. Won some difficult headers and nothing came down his side but yes he shouldn’t have let their man get in front

His general play was decent, but it's no good if you have to defend the ball in the box about 3 times and give away a penalty one of those times. The player dived, but Aurier shouldn't have got himself into such a mess. He gave the player an opportunity to fall over and get a penalty, if his positioning was better than that would not have happened imo. Too often he gets himself into a mess in the box and gives a penalty away or does something stupid, it totaly undermined the team less than 30 seconds after taking the lead.

He's got to go.

His general play was decent, but it's no good if you have to defend the ball in the box about 3 times and give away a penalty one of those times. The player dived, but Aurier shouldn't have got himself into such a mess. He gave the player an opportunity to fall over and get a penalty, if his positioning was better than that would not have happened imo. Too often he gets himself into a mess in the box and gives a penalty away or does something stupid, it totaly undermined the team less than 30 seconds after taking the lead.

He's got to go.

Jan fell Over on the half way line and they could have been in

Players make errors

He's turned into a bit of a liability, an accident waiting to happen (kind of like Rose was in his early days). Hopefully he can grow out of it in time, but I think we need to sign a better right back if we're looking to strengthen our team this summer.

Back