• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Imagine my surprise as Aurier was caught out of position and then felt the need to chase back, tripping* him

Yes, like a tap tackle in rugby, if you tap the heel of someone sprinting in front of you, they will kick the back of their own knee and Andy Townsend will say "he's tripped himself up" but no, a tap tackle is a real thing and a penalty

Imagine my surprise as Aurier was caught out of position and then felt the need to chase back, tripping* him

Yes, like a tap tackle in rugby, if you tap the heel of someone sprinting in front of you, they will kick the back of their own knee and Andy Townsend will say "he's tripped himself up" but no, a tap tackle is a real thing and a penalty

Do you think that’s what happens

I’ve seen 3 Angles now and it all looks like the slightest touch from Aurier arm makes their player tumble... artistically and he kicks his own legs

You should never judge a full back under Poch until his second season. That said, Aurier has been awful and costly this year.

Agree with both points, and its easy to forget that he didnt sign til Aug 31st so didnt have any of the pre-season with us

He's turned into a bit of a liability, an accident waiting to happen (kind of like Rose was in his early days).

His mistakes are on par with Kyle Walker

This is very much what I was going to say. How short are peoples memories?

I wont argue Aurier has been great this season, but he has shown massive promise IMHO and I am genuinely excited as to what he can become under Poch.

And half the board is writing him off completely because he got caught wrong side of a player who tripped themselves up for a penalty.

Yes, it was a mistake. Yes, it wasnt his first.

FFS people get some perspective though, the same people slating Aurier will be the same ones crying about Walker going (and Rose looking likely to go) while completely forgetting the pair of them were utter liabilities early in their time with us.

Even Walker, while much improved was at best hit and miss by the time Poch came in.

Show a bit of patience. Im convinced in a years time Aurier will be a top player for us, everyone is allowed time to grow and make mistakes.

Agree with both points, and its easy to forget that he didnt sign til Aug 31st so didnt have any of the pre-season with us

so? no excuse, the guy cant even take a throw! a basic requirement in football. He has given away too many penalties, He doesn't know what he is doing. absolutely brainless.

This is very much what I was going to say. How short are peoples memories?

I wont argue Aurier has been great this season, but he has shown massive promise IMHO and I am genuinely excited as to what he can become under Poch.

And half the board is writing him off completely because he got caught wrong side of a player who tripped themselves up for a penalty.

Yes, it was a mistake. Yes, it wasnt his first.

FFS people get some perspective though, the same people slating Aurier will be the same ones crying about Walker going (and Rose looking likely to go) while completely forgetting the pair of them were utter liabilities early in their time with us.

Even Walker, while much improved was at best hit and miss by the time Poch came in.

Show a bit of patience. Im convinced in a years time Aurier will be a top player for us, everyone is allowed time to grow and make mistakes.

there is no time to be patient, if we don't start doing something this team will break up. Then we start all over again. We need to have a more ruthless mentality now. If you aren't good enough move them away

there is no time to be patient, if we don't start doing something this team will break up. Then we start all over again. We need to have a more ruthless mentality now. If you aren't good enough move them away

Then go support Chelsea, or City, or maybe PSG. If thats the attitude you think we should have, they are tailor made for you.

As it is, patience is exactly what has got us to where we are. Its the foundation of our model. And for me, its something I am actually really proud of.

We make players. We improve them. And we become a better team in doing so.

I doubt thats going to change any time soon.

I am of the opinion that contact does not mean a penalty, agree there was a slight touch of legs and caused him to fall but for me not a foul. I know all pundits and refs are not currently of this opinion (its the reason why VAR will not stop diving as they will still feel justified in falling with any touch). In this respect I would want to reset to a decade or so ago on the levels of contact for a foul.

So I guess I am saying it was a penalty but I wish it wasn't.

I am of the opinion that contact does not mean a penalty, agree there was a slight touch of legs and caused him to fall but for me not a foul. I know all pundits and refs are not currently of this opinion (its the reason why VAR will not stop diving as they will still feel justified in falling with any touch). In this respect I would want to reset to a decade or so ago on the levels of contact for a foul.

So I guess I am saying it was a penalty but I wish it wasn't.

Im similar. Under scrutiny it clearly wasnt a penalty (IMO) but I can totally see why it was given and have no real complaint.

so? no excuse, the guy cant even take a throw! a basic requirement in football.

A high proportion of throw ins in the professional game are foul throws that go unpunished. It is one of those rules that is frequently unenforced at the higher levels. His mistake was repeating it after getting pulled up but it is hardly worth getting worked up about.

Back