• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

was in position for the miss.
Agreed - I love it when LEFT sided attack/mid/defence players power into the box when the ball is coming from the right
And vice versa... when RIGHT sided attack/mid/defence players power into the box when the ball is coming from the left

Loads of goals can be scored like that
A full back can push tight in on goal IF he has cover from others e.g. Wanyama/Dier etc.

To be fair he couldn't have been as bad as he was against Palace. His suspension against Juve means he had to play against Huddersfield but I see Trippier and Davies as our first choice fullbacks at the moment.

Aurier is still extremely raw. Potentially good but still too early to say if he can improve under Poch's coaching.

Just watched MOTD 2 and Aurier played in a lot more decent balls than I remembered live. I just recalled him wasting a lot of good crossing positions. Taken with his goal and great assist, altogether, much more promising. Let's hope the imorovement continues.

He was quite poor to be honest.

All of those years practicing with sissoko

That was my initial impression. But Danny Murphy gave him a big thumbs up on MoTD2 and he did score and made a great assist. No mean feat from full back. However, I think he wasted an awful lot of great crossing positions and I also blame him for the Bournemouth goal - although Danny Rose could have done better to stop the cross coming in - Aurier really should make that header at the far post and not miss it altogether.

I think he needs a run of games and certainly we won't see the best of him until next season. Lets judge him after a full pre-season training and a decent run of games.

That was my initial impression. But Danny Murphy gave him a big thumbs up on MoTD2 and he did score and made a great assist. No mean feat from full back. However, I think he wasted an awful lot of great crossing positions and I also blame him for the Bournemouth goal - although Danny Rose could have done better to stop the cross coming in - Aurier really should make that header at the far post and not miss it altogether.

I think he needs a run of games and certainly we won't see the best of him until next season. Lets judge him after a full pre-season training and a decent run of games.

Agree on the frustration with his crossing which may have been magnified as he did seem to be out only outlet , if he's not going to go outside his man then we are better off with Trippier.

I was surprise Murphy picked him out too but think Rose and Sanchez were at least as culpable for the goal.

Him and Sanchez together looks shaky (I think that's the word of the day?!) and it feels a little worrying that I say both would benefit from someone more experienced inside / outside them as Aurier was signed as a senior player.

At least we have a manager who has proven he can improve players.

I think mjc32 was referring to the Huddersfield game on the 3rd march

But yes there was definitely one against Bournemouth and he went mad at the ref for giving it.

I don't know about anybody else, but I find it incredible that a professional footballer on probably north of 50k a week, can't take a throw in properly. It honestly defies belief

I don't know about anybody else, but I find it incredible that a professional footballer on probably north of 50k a week, can't take a throw in properly. It honestly defies belief
I've seen it a few times and it was very marginally a foul throw. You see plenty worse throughout every match. I just think the spotlight was on him from his previous failures.

I watched the match late yesterday evening knowing the result and his crossing was erratic, as was Roses, but he did hit some nice ones in too. Overall he was not bad IMHO.
From the sublime to the ridiculous would sum up this performance (actually most of his performances now that I think about it)

Lets be honest, there arent actually many full backs that are particularly good at crossing is there? We have been spoilt with Trippier....
Marcos Alonso is about the best IMHO.
Trouble is they never have anybody to get on the end of them. Giroud may change that?

IMO, Poch should decide which one of Aurier or Trippier he'd prefer to be here next season and then pick that player to play in all of our remaining games.

Back