• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

We'll see what happens, but my guess is that Poch won't mess about -- I think he'll go the way of Fazio, Stambouli, Janssen etc and get carted away fairly quick.

He could give away 3 penalties in a cup final and people would still defend him.

Why? He's runs fast.

He doesnt actually run that fast

He's always out of position.

No he isnt

His crossing is unreliable

Crossing is in it's very nature unreliable, Aurier doesn't strike me as more so than Walker or Rose

His passing is average to poor.

Nah

But people like when he makes a recovering tackle at pace.

Also like it when he intercepts and blocks off opposition runs, gets forward to stretch play, runs in behind the full back to get in to dangerous attacking positions

He's shouldn't have to make a recovering tackle he should be out of position all the time.

Recovering tackles when you're at fault initially can rightly be seen as papering over the cracks tbf

He's has been a liability all season.

No he hasnt, he started poorly and made some high profile mistakes but has actually been pretty solid during the second half of the season, as we see time after time our 'supporters' lose their brick and have zero concept of patience, same names all the time laying in to players if they don't set the world alight straight away.

He could give away 3 penalties in a cup final and people would still defend him.

Why? He's runs fast.

He's always out of position. His crossing is unreliable. His passing is average to poor.

But people like when he makes a recovering tackle at pace. He's shouldn't have to make a recovering tackle he should be out of position all the time.

He's has been a liability all season.
Mate, what a load of absolute rubbish,..... he doesn’t run fast at all!!

I'd rather Sissoko played right back than Aurier. Is useless going forward and an absolute liability in defence.
I'm not normally one for slating our own players but I really hope we buy a decent right back and get rid of Aurier.

I'd rather Sissoko played right back than Aurier. Is useless going forward and an absolute liability in defence.
I'm not normally one for slating our own players but I really hope we buy a decent right back and get rid of Aurier.

If we were to play 3 at the back, I think Sissoko could be an excellent wing-back.

I think Sissoko could have been a useful wing back in a 3-4-2-1 for us, ship has passed now though I think.

Aurier. He loves a slide tackle. He relies on slide tackles. And its his major downfall.

best players dont need to slide in, they position and take the ball away. King, Mabbutt, Vertonghen etc etc.

you can guarantee every game he plays he will put a slide tackle in, inside the box.

Aurier. He loves a slide tackle. He relies on slide tackles. And its his major downfall.

best players dont need to slide in, they position and take the ball away. King, Mabbutt, Vertonghen etc etc.

you can guarantee every game he plays he will put a slide tackle in, inside the box.

Agreed but that wasn’t a tackle
It wasn’t anything
Bloke gets in front, trips over his feet and his trailing leg hits aurier

Not sure what you would call that TBH but it’s cost us

Agreed but that wasn’t a tackle
It wasn’t anything
Bloke gets in front, trips over his feet and his trailing leg hits aurier

Not sure what you would call that TBH but it’s cost us

Did not see the game tonight. I am at work. But from your description it sounds like a dive to me!

He isn't useless going forward at all, you can make the argument his end product is useless, id personally describe it as hit and miss, but his actual all-round attacking play is pretty good imo - it doesn't really help when he's playing off of Sissoko whose passing is very patchy at the best of times but he moves off the ball well and always finds space, can beat a man and gets in behind his full back quite regularly - i think he shows reasonable promise here and a regular run of games in the first team would see some better interplay and probably an upturn in productivity too - of course he hasn't really done enough to oust Trippier so he won't be getting that run of games until next season you'd have to say

He isn't useless going forward at all, you can make the argument his end product is useless, id personally describe it as hit and miss, but his actual all-round attacking play is pretty good imo - it doesn't really help when he's playing off of Sissoko whose passing is very patchy at the best of times but he moves off the ball well and always finds space, can beat and man and gets in behind his full back quite regularly - i think he shows reasonable promise here and a regular run of games in the first team would see some better interplay and probably an upturn in productivity too - of course he hadnt really done enough to oust Trippier so he won't be getting that run of games until next season you'd have to say

I think his end product has to improve

His crossing is really poor

I think his end product has to improve

His crossing is really poor

Of course it has to improve but when the bulk of your games are coming in matches like these in sides that are disjointed it's hard to find that rhythm - just look at how our stars in attack played today...

Back