• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Schneiderlin is more like Dembele. Wanyama was Soton's Sandro/Capoue.

I wouldn't say Schneiderlin is like Dembele at all. I'd say Sandro/Capoue are both quite similar, but Dembele, Schneiderlin and Paulinho are all different:

I think is quite likely Sandro will be sold over Capoue as there is interest in him in Italy and due to his fitness issues of late. Plus I believe Capoue is on a longer contract.

See I think we could get away with having a midfield three containing Shneiderlin, Dembele and Holtby. I know he isn't a real DM, but he does read play well and uses the ball well. Anyone else agree?

See I think we could get away with having a midfield three containing Shneiderlin, Dembele and Holtby. I know he isn't a real DM, but he does read play well and uses the ball well. Anyone else agree?

Well you look at the midfield 3 saints played under pochettino and its not too dissimilar in terms of the type and structure of that midfield you've posted right there.

We also have Bentaleb who also uses the ball well. Bentaleb has a lot of the qualities that Dembele has, but seems to use the ball more intelligently and move it quicker, although i think he needs to bulk up a bit.

We also have Veljkovic coming through so all in all i can understand Sandro being sold and ties in with ITK (i know, i know) of Poch being very impressed with the young players in the squad and wanting to move some senior players on to make room for them.

Selling Sandro would be an epic mistake. Other than Modric, he's the best CM we've had since Gascoigne.

What's he done to deserve that moniker? Honestly, I rate Sandro (when he's fit), but he:

A) Has never managed more than half a season games wise
B) When he has played he's not reached the levels that people claim he has, IMO, other than maybe a handful of games.

Honestly don't get the hero worship with him. Scott Parker in his first season with us was better and fitter. Winston Palacios before his brother died was better, after his bro went he fell to pieces, totally seemed to lose his passion for football and his game drastically declined as a result, but he still had more impressive games in my mind than Sandro has managed.

Michael Carrick was superb for us. Better than Sandro. I preferred Pedro Mendes personally as well and was gutted when we sold him. Now THERE was a guy who deserved cult status IMO. Very underrated player.

What's he done to deserve that moniker? Honestly, I rate Sandro (when he's fit), but he:

B) When he has played he's not reached the levels that people claim he has, IMO, other than maybe a handful of games.

Honestly don't get the hero worship with him. Scott Parker in his first season with us was better and fitter. Winston Palacios before his brother died was better, after his bro went he fell to pieces, totally seemed to lose his passion for football and his game drastically declined as a result, but he still had more impressive games in my mind than Sandro has managed.

Michael Carrick was superb for us. Better than Sandro. I preferred Pedro Mendes personally as well and was gutted when we sold him. Now THERE was a guy who deserved cult status IMO. Very underrated player.

Couldn't agree more

Really? Even though he was getting man of the match after man of the match player of the season
Yep. British people/press often rate players by the amount of mud on their shirt.

That's how Carragher picked up so many awards too.

Would agree about Carrick and to some extent Pedro, although obviously their styles were different to Sandro's, but Palacios and Parker??? Get outta here!

Yep. British people/press often rate players by the amount of mud on their shirt.

That's how Carragher picked up so many awards too.

Yeah and people often rate the likes of Brazilians and certain other foreign nationalities higher just because they are....foreign.

As good as Sandro is he hasn't to date been as consistent as Scott Parker was for us...

Parker was absolutely immense in the first season. A far greater impact than Sandro has ever had for us over the course of a season.

Yeah and people often rate the likes of Brazilians and certain other foreign nationalities higher just because they are....foreign.

As good as Sandro is he hasn't to date been as consistent as Scott Parker was for us...

Consistent ≠ good.

You must be relatively new to board, mate

If you are waiting for Scara to even acknowledge anything good about Parker's time at Spurs, let alone accept he was miles better than Sandro in his first year, then don't hold your breath...

(...) I preferred Pedro Mendes personally as well and was gutted when we sold him. Now THERE was a guy who deserved cult status IMO. Very underrated player.

Agree completely, silky player. Robbed of THAT goal from the half way line, and nearly killed by THAT elbow from the neanderthal cûnt Thatcher. Deserved more.

You must be relatively new to board, mate

If you are waiting for Scara to even acknowledge anything good about Parker's time at Spurs, let alone accept he was miles better than Sandro in his first year, then don't hold your breath...

Quite rightly too. Players like Parker and Carragher are perfect examples of everything that's been wrong with English football for decades.

Back