• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Second name on the team sheet for me. Lloris would be the first on the team sheet due to the larger gulf in talent between him & his nearest rival.

You think so?? The problem I have with Sandro is that you notice him too much in the game because he charging around like a bull, tackling, fouling and receiving yellow cards. Probably that's why he's so popular on this board.

The best defensive midfielders - Makelele springs to mind - are almost anonymous. They read the game so well that they in the perfect position to incercept; you sort of say to your self how stupid are the attacking midfielders who keep on running into his path...

I think your memory of him when he was at his best may have been clouded by his more recent performances. At his best, Sandro intercepted the ball/won the ball/done what ever needed to be done to get the ball back, then quickly moved it on. He read the game well and had the athleticism to get himself back into position on the occasions when he was out of it.

He quite simply dominated the area in front of the back four. For me, that is what the best defensive midfielders do, anonymously or not, I don't really care.

Second name on the team sheet for me. Lloris would be the first on the team sheet due to the larger gulf in talent between him & his nearest rival.

Not for me at the moment, he's nowhere near deserving a starting place. Since coming back from his injury he's been nothing more than a hatchetman for us and looks completely off the pace.

It's understandable that he needs time following a long injury but his cult status seems to deter a lot of criticism

I was wrong too :oops: he's slipping down the list, even for me, as I'd prefer to have Eriksen in the first team than Sandro, but I'd want both there.

I think some players you just need to be patient with as you know how talented they are. Sandro is one of those players. I know his form has been poor at times but he is capable of being the best player, in his position, in the league. If he doesn't recover this form then yes, he'll slide down the ranking order further.

How long would I give him? Depends upon his performances and whether he has shown signs of improvement or not.

Really? For the last two seasons, for me the names on the team sheet go as follows:

1st - Lloris
2nd - Adebayor
3rd - Eriksen
4th - Walker
5th - Vertonghen
6th - I'm struggling!

Really? For the last two seasons, for me the names on the team sheet go as follows:

1st - Lloris
2nd - Adebayor
3rd - Eriksen
4th - Walker
5th - Vertonghen
6th - I'm struggling!

Remind me what Ade did in the 2012/2013 season. Now compare it to what Sandro did last season

Sandro is a player who thrives on confidence and knowing that his manager rates him. He suffered an awful injury in AVB's first season, which to my mind contributed to not getting 4th, and was trying to play his way into fitness last season with AVB gradually bringing him back in before getting axed and watching The Numpty come in. If Poch likes him, Sandro will once again be a marvelous player for us.

Sandro is a player who thrives on confidence and knowing that his manager rates him. He suffered an awful injury in AVB's first season, which to my mind contributed to not getting 4th, and was trying to play his way into fitness last season with AVB gradually bringing him back in before getting axed and watching The Numpty come in. If Poch likes him, Sandro will once again be a marvelous player for us.

If I'm remembering right, the breaking of the Dembele-Sandro axis was a hugely important part to us not being as successful that season as we should have been.

Sandro didn't play for the majority of last season or the season before that!

Maybe so, but you intimated that Ade is the second name on the team sheet based on the last 2 seasons so again I ask you what did he contribute to our season in 2012/2013?

Actually in season 2012/2013 he was arguably our best player until he got injured against QPR on 12 Jan 2013 (I think) so he played half a season, and in that time he did more than any thing Ade contributed. In fact I would suggest he contributed more in 2012/2013 than Ade did last season. It was when Sandro got injured that we lost our impetus for the top 4

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Poch may like him, but that doesn't mean he will be marvelous.

Also, you can still like a player, yet not find a place for him in your 1st eleven/system.

And what if Poch (who hasn't managed a game for us yet) doesnt like him, and thus 'axes' him...?

Would you then have more respect for the judgment, at least in this aspect, of the other numpty?

Last edited:
Maybe so, but you intimated that Ade is the second name on the team sheet based on the last 2 seasons so again I ask you what did he contribute to our season in 2012/2013?

Actually in season 2012/2013 he was arguably our best player until he got injured against QPR on 12 Jan 2013 (I think) so he played half a season, and in that time he did more than any thing Ade contributed. In fact I would suggest he contributed more in 2012/2013 than Ade did last season. It was when Sandro got injured that we lost our impetus for the top 4

This

Not necessarily. Poch may like him, but that doesn't mean he will be marvelous.

Also, you can still like a player, yet not find a place for him in your 1st eleven/system.

And what if Poch (who hasn't managed a game for us yet) doesnt like him, and thus 'axes' him...?

Would you then have more respect for the judgment, at least in this aspect, of the other numpty?

Depends how Poch treats the hypothetical situation. If he came out and gave an explanation that Sandro didn't fit the system he wants to play as well as another player does, then you would have to respect the decision. However if he came out giving it the 'nah, not for me, he ain't good enough guv' patter, then it's back to square one.

Sandro, amongst others, didn't have respect for Sherwood. If he respects the new boss, then he won't feel the need to take to social media to let everybody know why he isn't playing.

Sandro needs to be fit. Last season when he did come back he was a yard slower, kept diving into tackles and getting booked early in games. The manager was right to drop him and was right that he'd become a liability, but saying so wasn't quite as clever.
If the loss of pace was temporary then expect him to be a starter. If not then he'll be gone in January.

If it's true that we're after Schneiderlin, then I'd have thought it's possible that one of Capoue or the beast will be moved on

With Scolari gone I fully expect Sandro to be back for Brazil.. and as captain.
Jeez, first Sandro has to mature, get fit, have a run of games at club level, find some form, and then he can think about playing for Brazil.......Sandro at Spurs is an example of the current Brazil team, out of form and a lot of work ahead to recapture it.

Back