• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Peace is loving the media attention, not sure I've seen another Chairman this vocal in a transfer window.

On a seperate note, Gareth Southgate in the paper saying that Berahino and Stones shouldn't move because he only picks players who are regulars is a load of BS. If he applied that logic then Alli wouldn't have got a call up this week nor would Loftus-Cheek or Chambers last summer, oh but Dier who played nearly all the time towards the end of last season wasn't included....

I've got a very strong feeling this isnt over at all. West Brom needs players all over the park, but has got more than enough strikers. We will get him Monday or Tuesday imo.

There are two ways of looking at it. The first is that we take everything at face value and believe that Peace is really going to stand strong. The second is that we believe what the ITK's have been feeding us over the last couple of weeks and that Berahino is done but that Peace needs to make a big song and dance out of how much money he is getting out of us for Berahino in order to appease the WBA faithful.

If we believe the latter then I'd say that so far Peace has played his part incredibly well. In the end though if they do accept a last minute bid from us, he could still look very silly. Interesting too as at one stage they had made Berahino out to be one of the villains of the piece alongside Levy.

Peace is loving the media attention, not sure I've seen another Chairman this vocal in a transfer window.

On a seperate note, Gareth Southgate in the paper saying that Berahino and Stones shouldn't move because he only picks players who are regulars is a load of BS. If he applied that logic then Alli wouldn't have got a call up this week nor would Loftus-Cheek or Chambers last summer, oh but Dier who played nearly all the time towards the end of last season wasn't included....

Shame Southgate only gets to pick such a small part of the squad. Seems most of the spots are given to the big clubs for commercial reasons .

No way they sell him now. Lol @ itk!

If what he's saying is true, late buisness has cost us our primary target. I can't believe we waited this long to make a bid. It doesn't really make sense though, as they've already signed Rondon and Lambert.

Peace is a funny guy...
First he says "As I have made clear from the moment Tottenham lodged their first bid for Saido on August 18, selling our top goalscorer was never on our agenda this summer."

Then, a bit later: "Had we ever entertained the notion of selling him we have not received an offer anywhere near attractive enough from Tottenham Hotspur"

You have a decision to make, Mr. Peace. Is he for sale or not?
Tbf he said selling him was not on their agenda.mnot that he's not for sale at any price.

So let me get this right, Spurs fans are not happy that the WBA chairman is not making it easy for us to sign their most valuable asset, go figure

Whose said they're not happy with Peace or that west brom are doing something wrong? I haven't seen one person say that! Where are you getting that from?

No way they sell him now. Lol @ itk!

If what he's saying is true, late buisness has cost us our primary target. I can't believe we waited this long to make a bid. It doesn't really make sense though, as they've already signed Rondon and Lambert.

I'd be massively surprised if Berahino was our primary target. One of the reasons is the fee. There's no way we could have got him in any sooner without going into 30 million territory. He's not worth half that in terms of ability.

If his intention was to pay 25m anyway why would he bother lowballing?
Plenty of reasons .. Club like ours had to be seen to going after or bidding for quality reputable players .. His job otherwise wud bring media and fans on his back a lot more than it is now ..

I could have told you start of summer 18 plus add ons wud not get deal done nor would 20 m and I'll tell u something for nothing levy knows that's too and he is just playing silly buggers letting it fester like clubs done to us only to come back and make a deal more to value which j believe will be 25m , he also I believe knows thru the lads agent that he 110% wants to come to us and that their is no one else on horizon to gazumpin us should such a situation arise...he can afford now to just make them sweat more cos they cud eAsily lose out on ten million ballpark and club like them can't afford that

And fact is the lad totally wants to go .. Big clubs can afford to maybe keep a unhappy player for a year or so cos other players of equal quality are there but west brom can't afford for s player like berahino to sulk n down tools .. If u were Pulis cud u trust putting this lad on behind it all at end of day ? No chance and Pulis knows this too ..

Whether a new bid of 25 m does the deal for berahino or not is another question but I fully accept levy to sit back and wAit and let brick hit the fan their end .. And u can argue in our desperation to get striker in and we won't sign anyone else ( bar Austin or berahino English wise IMO ) then he will go back in on last day with a take it or leave it offer .. By thAt stage Pulis will be balls deep in signing every Tom dingdong n Harry on the day itself ..

I dont think we signing son as alternative to berahino either

If we had bid 25 million in July it would have been turned down. Last week it would be turned down unless it was a straight cash offer. This weekend it might get accepted, though I hope not.

Seriously, this isn't FIFA15 in single player mode. Players don't have fixed prices and you don't get to pick freely.

Plenty of reasons .. Club like ours had to be seen to going after or bidding for quality reputable players .. His job otherwise wud bring media and fans on his back a lot more than it is now ..

I could have told you start of summer 18 plus add ons wud not get deal done nor would 20 m and I'll tell u something for nothing levy knows that's too and he is just playing silly buggers letting it fester like clubs done to us only to come back and make a deal more to value which j believe will be 25m , he also I believe knows thru the lads agent that he 110% wants to come to us and that their is no one else on horizon to gazumpin us should such a situation arise...he can afford now to just make them sweat more cos they cud eAsily lose out on ten million ballpark and club like them can't afford that

And fact is the lad totally wants to go .. Big clubs can afford to maybe keep a unhappy player for a year or so cos other players of equal quality are there but west brom can't afford for s player like berahino to sulk n down tools .. If u were Pulis cud u trust putting this lad on behind it all at end of day ? No chance and Pulis knows this too ..

Whether a new bid of 25 m does the deal for berahino or not is another question but I fully accept levy to sit back and wAit and let **** hit the fan their end .. And u can argue in our desperation to get striker in and we won't sign anyone else ( bar Austin or berahino English wise IMO ) then he will go back in on last day with a take it or leave it offer .. By thAt stage Pulis will be balls deep in signing every Tom dingdong n Harry on the day itself ..

I dont think we signing son as alternative to berahino either

That doesn't explain why he would lowball if he thought he wouldn't get anything out of it - if he knew that 25m was the only price they'd sell for he'd either have bid that early doors or moved on to someone else - there's literally no point in him doing what you are saying he's doing

As with any transfer bid the buying club sets the bar low and the selling club sets it high, then it's a case of who negotiates the best deal from there

IMO a cash offer close or near to 25 m cash gets the player . I have no doubt levy maybe bidding 18 max in stage payments and silly add ons that will never be reached or achieved as part of deal .. Can fully see him making a much better offer on last day cos to be honest I don't see other striker options apart from Austin

That doesn't explain why he would lowball if he thought he wouldn't get anything out of it - if he knew that 25m was the only price they'd sell for he'd either have bid that early doors or moved on to someone else - there's literally no point in him doing what you are saying he's doing

As with any transfer bid the buying club sets the bar low and the selling club sets it high, then it's a case of who negotiates the best deal from there
I don't believe any club say exact price or show cards on exact price of player .. Did Spurs day to Madrid we want 86 or 90m full stop ? Did we say we wanted 10m for Paulinho . I'm sure levy in negotiations gets a ball park amount or feeling off other chairman what it wud take to get deal done in private . At end of day west brom won't turn down a cash bid close or near 25 m.. Absolute no chance ..

I doubt Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez and Aguerro combined could make us look good.
I won't cry over WBA doing the right thing and telling Levy to jog on.

I said that yesterday, but that does not help us right now, and we might not be the only interested party in the future

That's the issue in my eyes

We could have done with them having a better start so that they were sitting pretty and thought they could let him go and survive

It's very early days but their not looking strong and its short notice for them to use the money....

West Brom assistant head coach Dave Kemp has refused to rule out a move for QPR striker Charlie Austin.

Asked about the Baggies' reported interest in Austin by the Birmingham Mail, Kemp said: “It’s all speculation. Transfer window time is just a crazy time.

“Phones are going, this is going, that’s going, some of it is true, some of it not.

“Let’s just get to (transfer deadline day) on Tuesday and then I think everybody can calm down and we can get back to concentrating on the team and football in general.”

West brom obviously after Austin .. Now should they get him they need to spend bones of 15 m .. For life of me can't see if they manage to do that deal that they keep berahino when they can recoup close to 25 m off us or near to that figure .

Back