• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Just one more bid man

yeah, so does anyone think we will walk away and not make another bid?

Still loads of time for stuff to go down and ol Jeremy to change his tune...interesting the way he has used the media though...in the sense of gaining love from his own fans and feeding on our fears regarding Levy.....as in Lowballing.

By saying they will play him, is forcing him to decline playing, head not right etc.
That way they can sell, saying they needed to cash in etc. They save face and he looks bad.
It carries some risk etc, ie injuries but is before the deadline and he may not play anyway, if head not right.

If they do hold firm, and so do Everton, I'll be happy for the greater good; it may start a new precedent which will benefit us more in the future.

By saying they will play him, is forcing him to decline playing, head not right etc.
That way they can sell, saying they needed to cash in etc. They save face and he looks bad.
It carries some risk etc, ie injuries but is before the deadline and he may not play anyway, if head not right.

If they do hold firm, and so do Everton, I'll be happy for the greater good; it may start a new precedent which will benefit us more in the future.

Not us mate ...

I'd be massively surprised if Berahino was our primary target. One of the reasons is the fee. There's no way we could have got him in any sooner without going into 30 million territory. He's not worth half that in terms of ability.
If he wasn't, then who was? We weren't heavily linked with any striker before him.

Plenty of reasons .. Club like ours had to be seen to going after or bidding for quality reputable players ..
No it doesnt.

His job otherwise wud bring media and fans on his back a lot more than it is now ..
I'll let you in on a little secret:

Levy doesn't give a fudge what you or the media think.

I could have told you start of summer 18 plus add ons wud not get deal done nor would 20 m
That remains to be seen. If it is the case then WBA are over valuing their asset.

and I'll tell u something for nothing levy knows that's too and he is just playing silly buggers letting it fester like clubs done to us only to come back and make a deal more to value which j believe will be 25m ,
Do you really think the chairman of our club has time to play silly buggers?

What he's doing is negotiating. It's what everyone without limitless funds has to do.

he also I believe knows thru the lads agent that he 110% wants to come to us and that their is no one else on horizon to gazumpin us should such a situation arise...he can afford now to just make them sweat more cos they cud eAsily lose out on ten million ballpark and club like them can't afford that

And fact is the lad totally wants to go .. Big clubs can afford to maybe keep a unhappy player for a year or so cos other players of equal quality are there but west brom can't afford for s player like berahino to sulk n down tools .. If u were Pulis cud u trust putting this lad on behind it all at end of day ? No chance and Pulis knows this too ..
Agreed. Which is precisely why we should be squeezing with low offers.

Whether a new bid of 25 m does the deal for berahino or not is another question but I fully accept levy to sit back and wAit and let **** hit the fan their end .. And u can argue in our desperation to get striker in and we won't sign anyone else ( bar Austin or berahino English wise IMO ) then he will go back in on last day with a take it or leave it offer .. By thAt stage Pulis will be balls deep in signing every Tom dingdong n Harry on the day itself ..

I dont think we signing son as alternative to berahino either
The closer we get to the end of the window the more pressure there will be on WBA to sell. Especially if Berahino throws his toys out of the pram.

I'm not desperate for Berahino, but we need someone to give the club a lift. Sometimes a player can do just that.

If a kid with his ability is able to lift this club ill chew my rubber duck. His play no matter how good will only temporarily paper over the cracks if he is to hit the ground running.

If he was neymar is believe you

So where will berahino play for them? Pulis said in his interview after city he made a mistake picking 2 strikers. If he was happy to play berahino anywhere else don't you think he might have changed formation and done it in that game? This is the manager of wba saying he couldn't accommodate lambert and berahino!

So tell me again, why do you think wba have us over a barrel?

Well:

1. There are weaker teams in the league than city... Quite a few in fact.

2. As said before he can play anywhere in the forward 4 positions.

3. Again as said before, His goals may well keep them up for the big money bonanza of super tv money prem coming next year. Which is worth much more to them then the 10 mil max they would lose by leaving his contract to run in to the final year.

4. His age means that they will get a fee for him even if they let his contract down to zero....

That's how they have. Any other questions?

I can see Levy being pretty tinkled off that this is all playing out in the public eye. Hopefully not tinkled off enough to walk away from the deal though as I think Berahino would be perfect for us.

I can see Levy being pretty tinkled off that this is all playing out in the public eye. Hopefully not tinkleed off enough to walk away from the deal though as I think Berahino would be perfect for us.

Agree completely. I don't think he's the sort to bite of his nose to spite his face though and to get overly emotional. It's just business to him.

Agree completely. I don't think he's the sort to bite of his nose to spite his face though and to get overly emotional. It's just business to him.
No he certainly is not the emotional type but I'm sure he has limits too. Pearse really has shown a lack of class in the way he has conducted himself. Levy will fudge him over some other way down the line I'm sure.

No it doesnt.

I'll let you in on a little secret:

Levy doesn't give a fudge what you or the media think.

That remains to be seen. If it is the case then WBA are over valuing their asset.

Do you really think the chairman of our club has time to play silly buggers?

What he's doing is negotiating. It's what everyone without limitless funds has to do.

Agreed. Which is precisely why we should be squeezing with low offers.

The closer we get to the end of the window the more pressure there will be on WBA to sell. Especially if Berahino throws his toys out of the pram.

Depends what way u look at it .. If we don't have a new striker by Tuesday lunchtime what will someone like u be shouting at the TV for levy to do ? Sign a striker yeah ?? What striker out there will sign for Spurs ? We been negotiating with west brom for weeks before official bids went in , we ain't walking away from it is my opinion and a third bid will go in on deadline today , whether accepted or not is another question but them signing Austin wud help I think ..

But Spurs are seething about Peace's claims.

They are baffled about why he is upset about the nature of the Berahino bids as West Brom's £5m offer for Spurs defender Federico Fazio was structured in a similar way.

Spurs also feel West Brom have had plenty of time to line up a potential replacement as they have been in talks with West Brom for weeks about Berahino.

Peace's statement suggests the first contact has only been made in the last fortnight

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-furious-west-brom-over-6334709?

Spurs are also satisfied they are not to blame if Berahino's head has been turned as they have kept everything in-house while the public statements about the two rejected bids and Berahino's transfer request have all come from West Brom.

Back