• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Well, its good to find out now that they're not selling so we can move on to plan B before the 31st.

Some of the comments from Peace are nonsense - they have 4 CFs already having signed two this summer

Who's next on the list?

IMO the #1 reason this is always late is because Levy is on his annual August holiday in Miami. Did I read last week that was when he got home.

I don't believe any club say exact price or show cards on exact price of player .. Did Spurs day to Madrid we want 86 or 90m full stop ? Did we say we wanted 10m for Paulinho . I'm sure levy in negotiations gets a ball park amount or feeling off other chairman what it wud take to get deal done in private . At end of day west brom won't turn down a cash bid close or near 25 m.. Absolute no chance ..
Of course they won't but as has been said before, you don't go in to a transfer deal, say ""how much" and then just hand over the cash,well not many clubs will work like that, you get an idea of what they want and then negotiate from there it's transfer business 101 ffs - West Brom want 25m (supposedly) a few weeks if haggling could get it it down, not just in price but in terms of how we pay (over 12 months/ half now half later etc) for a club that's run tightly financially that's just how it is

I won't cry over WBA doing the right thing and telling Levy to jog on.
Neither will I, unless of course we have no plan B, end up sniffing around a load of second rate Frazier Campbell alikes between now and 5pm Tuesday and go into the season underpowered. But I'm sure that won't happen.....!

Neither will I, unless of course we have no plan B, end up sniffing around a load of second rate Frazier Campbell alikes between now and 5pm Tuesday and go into the season underpowered. But I'm sure that won't happen.....AGAIN!
:D bUT I'm SURE IT WAS THE POINT YOU WAS MAKING.

Of course they won't but as has been said before, you don't go in to a transfer deal, say ""how much" and then just hand over the cash, you get an idea of what they want and then negotiate from there
Yeah so he wud have fair idea since he got them to negotiating table .. Let shut hit the fan . Let the opposition slag him off and on last day when west brom need cash to get signings over line and to appease Pulis levy comes back in with for example an offer of 23 plus maybe 2m in add ins or offering players in exchange or part of this or loan to get deal over line .. Wait n see .. Like I said I believe bar Austin berahino is out only other option . Wud be shocked to see someone else from another league . We have gambled on njie and son so wud be silly to get another foreigner not used to league like we did s few summers ago ..I have no doubt we will bid again but I fear We might have to accept Austin behind it all . I'm just hoping we get berahino on Tuesday

They also hadn't signed replacements already and didn't have 5 players for 1 position.

One of the reasons we want him is that he can play in any of the four forward positions, so even if he never plays upfront again because of Lambert and Rondon, he could still play every game remaining this season. And if he only scores 6 goals (which would be a pretty bad season for him), it's likely those goals would lead to at least 6 points, which could be instrumental in them staying up and hitting next year's money train tv money fuelled prem....... Now tell me again how we have them over a barrel?

Yeah so he wud have fair idea since he got them to negotiating table .. Let shut hit the fan . Let the opposition slag him off and on last day when west brom need cash to get signings over line and to appease Pulis levy comes back in with for example an offer of 23 plus maybe 2m in add ins or offering players in exchange or part of this or loan to get deal over line .. Wait n see .. Like I said I believe bar Austin berahino is out only other option . Wud be shocked to see someone else from another league . We have gambled on njie and son so wud be silly to get another foreigner not used to league like we did s few summers ago ..I have no doubt we will bid again but I fear We might have to accept Austin behind it all . I'm just hoping we get berahino on Tuesday

Well yes it's looking that way because WBA are sticking to their guns re the price (fair play to them) but you don't go in to every transfer thinking that's going to be the case do you.

If their valuation of the player is too far away from our valuation, then it may not happen. If you are Levy, or anyone buying something you want from say ebay, you have a price you are prepared to pay, and you stick to that price. The fact that you can buy a given commodity from elsewhere (Germany) for less, means you have to stick to your price.

We don't have endless funds, spending more on Berinho means having less for other players. I hope we can reach an agreement, which would mean both sides compromising. It must be hard for Levy and his team juggling a number of options. But that is what you have to do so you're not screwed by one target and club - be prepared to walk away and purchase an alternative.

How many clubs would accept the first offer for a key player unless it was bordering on insane?

We're playing a game here. Player and club are now well aware of our interest and both will have numbers to consider. Player has decided he wants to go, putting more pressure on them to sell. Our interest pre-dates the first official bid. Claiming that's the first they knew of it would be lying. They will of course want to look good to their fans and get as much as possible.

We start low enough to have room to negotiate and slowly move toward what we're willing to pay. In the meantime they have signed replacements. Even we're in the vicinity of what they would accept, they'll still try to squeeze a little more out of us because they can. Unless we're willing to pay in the upper 20+ million range, moving slowly is all we can do.

One of the reasons we want him is that he can play in any of the four forward positions, so even if he never plays upfront again because of Lambert and Rondon, he could still play every game remaining this season. And if he only scores 6 goals (which would be a pretty bad season for him), it's likely those goals would lead to at least 6 points, which could be instrumental in them staying up and hitting next year's money train tv money fuelled prem....... Now tell me again how we have them over a barrel?

So where will berahino play for them? Pulis said in his interview after city he made a mistake picking 2 strikers. If he was happy to play berahino anywhere else don't you think he might have changed formation and done it in that game? This is the manager of wba saying he couldn't accommodate lambert and berahino!

So tell me again, why do you think wba have us over a barrel?

Last edited:
Back