• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

15-18 mill is his true market value and anything over 20 mill is overpaying

so 19 mill and everyone should be happy:)

Completely disagree with that!! WE paid £15m for Defoe 6 years ago....! £20m up front and £5m for add-ons is market

will be interesting to see if he starts vs Chel53a.

If he does, mistakes will have been made by us, or the move will be dead. We really need to complete our signings before the weekend's fixture against Leicester. We should ask WBA what they want, we then counter and come to some compromise after much toing and froing. Surely it can't take that long, if we are to sign him. We must either reach an acceptable number, just by upping our bid as far as it goes/WBA accepting lower, or find ourselves in a position where we have to find a different target as we can't agree terms with WBA.

If he does, mistakes will have been made by us, or the move will be dead. We really need to complete our signings before the weekend's fixture against Leicester. We should ask WBA what they want, we then counter and come to some compromise after much toing and froing. Surely it can't take that long, if we are to sign him. We must either reach an acceptable number, just by upping our bid as far as it goes/WBA accepting lower, or find ourselves in a position where we have to find a different target as we can't agree terms with WBA.

What if WBA just don't respond and say no.

I think going rate for a top notch young player is 25m.. how much is Kane worth?. Ask yourselves that! How much Barkley or Stones. Callum Chambers was over 15m!

Any offer under 20 is a bit insulting IMO.

As said above.. how much would Levy want if he was selling.. bet it would be 30m+

Take this Brentford player going to Bristol City.. 9m lol

Just ask what they want then go from there.. stop pussyfooting around with stupid lowball offers. If they want 25m then make offer that adds up to 25m.

Last edited:
What if WBA just don't respond and say no.

Well either WBA are selling, or they're not. If they want to say no, we tell them that we'll change our target and find another suitable player. Trust me, there are strikers that I'd rather have than Berahino, but I think that he would be a good option.

I think going rate for a top notch young player is 25m.. how much is Kane worth?. Ask yourselves that! How much Barkley or Stones. Callum Chambers was over 15m!

As said above.. how much would Levy want if he was selling.. bet it would be 30m+

How long does Berahino have left on his contract? Isn't it two seasons? If WBA don't sell him this summer, his price will rapidly decrease. I can't imagine that we should pay any more than £25m including add-ons. If they want more than that then, as I've said on my other post, there are other options.

What's everyone's thoughts on why we have waited until 2 weeks into the season to make a formal bid?

Is it a panic purchase? Probably not. Maybe he wasn't first choice and we are working our way down.

I'd be happy to pay 22-24m, as I think he is what we need, I just don't get the delay. He should have been in our squad vs Stoke at least. Now he will probably be around for week 4.

Well either WBA are selling, or they're not. If they want to say no, we tell them that we'll change our target and find another suitable player. Trust me, there are strikers that I'd rather have than Berahino, but I think that he would be a good option.

Who? Who is available and better and can be signed within 2 weeks?

How long does Berahino have left on his contract? Isn't it two seasons? If WBA don't sell him this summer, his price will rapidly decrease. I can't imagine that we should pay any more than £25m including add-ons. If they want more than that then, as I've said on my other post, there are other options.

1 year down the line and its another year other clubs become interested. Have we not learned about waiting and then seeing said player go elsewhere.

Well he is in his penultimate year of his contract and could leave for nothing.

What's everyone's thoughts on why we have waited until 2 weeks into the season to make a formal bid?
I suspect it's because we didn't want to make a formal bid on him until Soldado or Adebayor were officially out the door.

No idea if that's actually the case, but it makes sense to me.

Is it a panic purchase? Probably not. Maybe he wasn't first choice and we are working our way down.

I'd be happy to pay 22-24m, as I think he is what we need, I just don't get the delay. He should have been in our squad vs Stoke at least. Now he will probably be around for week 4.

Judging by some of the ITK, he definitely wasn't first choice. From media reports it looks like that was Werner. How far down the list we are now nobody knows.

A formal bid usually comes late in the process. Only when player/agent(s)/club have been sounded out. Even Chelsea and City are taking forever to sort out their dealing and they do pay way over the odds. Going public like this is just WBA looking for more money, placating their fans.

For those saying we should just pay them what they want. Would you be happy to see ticket prices increased another 5% to cover that?

Well he is in his penultimate year of his contract and could leave for nothing.

Does not make sense.. he has two years of his contract and can leave for nothing.

Besides.. I believe that not to be true as isn't there some ruling about youngsters being under 24 and leaving when out of contract.. don't know.. would Berahino fall into this

His contract would run out when he is still 23.. so does that year 24 stand for him?

Danny Ings for example.

There will be no free transfer. Just loads of clubs trying to get him at 25% his value, a home grown for that matter too.

Last edited:
Does not make sense.. he has two years of his contract and can leave for nothing.

Besides.. I believe that not to be true as isn't there some ruling about youngsters being under 24 and leaving when out of contract.. don't know.. would Berahino fall into this

You're right. I meant that the value would be less than it is now as he's made it clear he won't be extending his contract.

Placing a time limit of 2 weeks on me seems a bit unfair given that, unlike Levy, I wouldn't have fudged about over the summer, enjoying selling players but not really thinking about making sure that we've signed any good attacking players. I know this would be ri

I could name targets, but I wouldn't have been left with only a 2 week window to sign the players. I would have ensured that the transfer would have been concluded before the start of the season. I think that the transfer window should close before the season starts. I realise that different leagues operate within different time windows, but if all clubs were restricted to their own league season, then at least the clubs would know where they stood and no club could go in to the season with a half roostered team. I am happy for transfer windows though, otherwise I get the feeling that Levy would live more in the 'next week' World than he often already seems to.

Placing a time limit of 2 weeks on me seems a bit unfair given that, unlike Levy, I wouldn't have fudgeed about over the summer, enjoying selling players but not really thinking about making sure that we've signed any good attacking players. I know this would be ri

I could name targets, but I wouldn't have been left with only a 2 week window to sign the players. I would have ensured that the transfer would have been concluded before the start of the season. I think that the transfer window should close before the season starts. I realise that different leagues operate within different time windows, but if all clubs were restricted to their own league season, then at least the clubs would know where they stood and no club could go in to the season with a half ****ed team. I am happy for transfer windows though, otherwise I get the feeling that Levy would live more in the 'next week' World than he often already seems to.

Completely agree with you there. But then there would be complaints that they're not in place for a full pre-season and the lost points as a result! ;)

Back