• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I genuinely think some on here are SO desperate for our striking options to be bettered that all hopes are being pinned on SB.

He will be another average player in an ever increasing average squad. He is not the answer. He will score 1 in 3/4.

A better option than Adebayor I grant you but not gonna smash us into the top 4.

I think going rate for a top notch young player is 25m.. how much is Kane worth?. Ask yourselves that! How much Barkley or Stones. Callum Chambers was over 15m!

Any offer under 20 is a bit insulting IMO.

As said above.. how much would Levy want if he was selling.. bet it would be 30m+

Take this Brentford player going to Bristol City.. 9m lol

Just ask what they want then go from there.. stop pussyfooting around with stupid lowball offers. If they want 25m then make offer that adds up to 25m.

Agree. Everton just turned down £30m for Stones, and CF generally go for a lot more than CBs

If we get Berahino for £25m its a good deal

Agree. Everton just turned down £30m for Stones, and CF generally go for a lot more than CBs

If we get Berahino for £25m its a good deal

But is Berahino the equivalent of Stones in his position? Is it more difficult to find a top notch local defender than forward?

Considering people lament over Suarez still I think that answers your question.. and he isn't even British.

Reading between lines from what Our manager said from end to season thru pre season is from my analysis .. He had identified targets but it's club policy as he put it to wait to bid so it's the same auld brick with levy .. Last minute stuff to shave pennies off price ... We got rid of an agreed amount of players and signed a free and one centre half that none of top 4 wanted ..albeit a good one in my eyes but still !!! Always knew levy Wud not get players and always knew we Wud fudge up against United and Stoke ... It's typical Spurs at its best ... Roll on last day .. Then we can all see how ambitious this club really is ..... Cue we building stadium poo !!! Lol... Actually forgot n'jie ha but at this stage will he really strengthen a first 11 , guaranteed !!?

So again I ask ( I did earlier in the thread) it seems some are happy to pay 25 mill plus for Berahino but bitched about us paying 30 mill for Benteke ( who has a far better record) . Does not make sense to me.

Reading between lines from what I manager said from end to season they pre season is from my analysis .. He had ibdentified targets but it's club policy as he put it to wait to bid so it's the same auld **** with levy .. Last minute stuff to shave pennies off price ... We got rid of an agreed amount of players and signed a free and one centre half that none of top 4 wanted ..albeit a good one in my eyes but still !!! Always knew levy Wud not get players and alwYs knew we Wud fudge up against United and Stoke ... It's typical Spurs at its best ... Roll on last day .. Then we can all see how ambitious this club really is ..... Cue we building stadium poo !!! Lol

I think the difference between 15 million and 25 million is more than just a few pennies.

So again I ask ( I did earlier in the thread) it seems some are happy to pay 25 mill plus for Berahino but bitched about us paying 30 mill for Benteke ( who has a far better record) . Does not make sense to me.

I'll just repeat what was said then: Are they the exact same people?

Reading between lines from what Our manager said from end to season thru pre season is from my analysis .. He had identified targets but it's club policy as he put it to wait to bid so it's the same auld **** with levy .. Last minute stuff to shave pennies off price ... We got rid of an agreed amount of players and signed a free and one centre half that none of top 4 wanted ..albeit a good one in my eyes but still !!! Always knew levy Wud not get players and always knew we Wud fudge up against United and Stoke ... It's typical Spurs at its best ... Roll on last day .. Then we can all see how ambitious this club really is ..... Cue we building stadium poo !!! Lol

Care to share those quotes so I can read between the lines as well?

It's hard to know which other strikers in the World are available. Without having a good scouting network, sources who can have a word with people at the clubs and testing the waters, we are left clutching at hope whenever we are linked with a player who is decent. Players like Kramer, Berardi, Paco Alcacer and Gabriel Barbosa are all good talents but would we ever stand a chance to sign them? Seems unlikely, not if we are not pursuing them now... other than potentially our move for Kramer. Those are young strikers who appear to have the ability to succeed, but who are likely much in demand and not only at their current club, but elsewhere too.

I want us to sign a young striker, someone who might be worth a good amount now but who is less likely to see their market value drop quickly.
But is Berahino the equivalent of Stones in his position? Is it more difficult to find a top notch local defender than forward?

It's difficult to find a top young striker that has a history of playing in the Premier League and scoring goals.

Other strikers who could interest would have included:

Kramer, Berardi, Paco Alcacer and Gabriel Barbosa Almeida

But, do you really see us signing any of those? Kramer has been linked but I'm unconvinced that we will sign him. Other than having been burned with the Soldado transfer, it would almost have been as well for us to have bought big with Lacazette, assuming that he would have wanted to have moved to us, which isn't a given. Yes, he would have cost a lot of money, but he has the talent to succeed and it seems as if players can more easily convert to Premier League football from France, than from any other national league. I have no doubt that we would have eventually sold Lacazette for a profit but as his signing would be a pipe dream at best, perhaps there's little point musing over such a scenario.

Reading between lines from what Our manager said from end to season thru pre season is from my analysis .. He had identified targets but it's club policy as he put it to wait to bid so it's the same auld **** with levy .. Last minute stuff to shave pennies off price ... We got rid of an agreed amount of players and signed a free and one centre half that none of top 4 wanted ..albeit a good one in my eyes but still !!! Always knew levy Wud not get players and always knew we Wud fudge up against United and Stoke ... It's typical Spurs at its best ... Roll on last day .. Then we can all see how ambitious this club really is ..... Cue we building stadium poo !!! Lol

Do you make all this up as you go along.

If the boot was on the other foot and out chairman had issued such a statement the general consensus would be his is gone.If he is genuinely not for sale then there is no need to say anything at all.The only thing that remains to be seen is if we will stump up the cash or get gazumped.

I think most people can see that Benteke would not take kindly to sitting on the bench for Kane.. can Benteke play on the left of the three. Therefore 30m+ would be stupidity.

You cannot compare the players.

Bit difficult that would you not say?

I think it's entirely possible for someone to rate Benteke and not Berahino and for someone else to think the complete opposite. Given a large enough group of people you'll get pretty much every possible opinion shouted at some point.

I think most people can see that Benteke would not take kindly to sitting on the bench for Kane.. can Benteke play on the left of the three. Therefore 30m+ would be stupidity.

You cannot compare the players.

I have always said that I do not see Benteke or Kane as a either/either situation. I believe they could have played together as I think Kane would be a even better player coming from deep. Funny thing is since last Saturdays game I have seen and heard fans suggesting that Kane could play the number 10 behind a main striker.

I think it's entirely possible for someone to rate Benteke and not Berahino and for someone else to think the complete opposite. Given a large enough group of people you'll get pretty much every possible opinion shouted at some point.

I get you, I misunderstood your point. But bearing in mind even those who liked Benteke were saying the money wanted was to much for us but all of a sudden a player who has a worse goal record is worth the amount being mentioned.

The thing is Kane can play as a no. 10 AND as the main striker. A bit like Berahino it seems.

Can Benteke play as a no.1 10? I don't think so, and hence Berahino gives us more flexibility and hence is worth pursuing more than Benteke because of this (and the price)

Back