• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Official or not makes little difference to our negotiations with them.

Now that City's interest has mysteriously vanished he'll be looking for other clubs to get involved. Even if nobody else comes in, they will at least have given the impression of trying to hold on to the player/getting the best price.

-City are to busy with De Bruyne & Otamendi
-Wenger would probably feel that Berahino isnt worth 25m
-Chelsea dont seem interested
-pool have millions and millions of strikers all under one roof
-Man utd dont seem interested.

I would say our way is clear if we can pony up the dough.

-Chel53a dont seem interested

That's what the realist would say. But what's stopping WBA from thinking "If Man United get an injury to Rooney" or "If spurs get an injury to Kane and Clinton scores an own goal in his debut" I can get an extra couple of million. If that doesn't happen, I'll still sell but at least I got 2 extra weeks of this player available to give points to my team.

I used this analogy in the past, but if you're going to sell your house do you accept the first offer when the estate agent tells you some rich fool with more money than sense who has been known to pay in cash, up front and sometimes overpay just to get the deal done is interested and will put an offer in the next 2 weeks.

-Chel53a dont seem interested

Yes, but not immediately without massively overpaying. We probably know roughly what they'll accept, but they won't do so until the very end of the window.

come on, its the first official bid. Dont you think if we had made a bid before then Peace would have let everyone know in order to get other clubs interested

Peace hasnt and wont do us any favours. He runs that club like Levy runs Spurs

The only way we will get this done early is if we end up paying too much. I don't think Spurs can afford to throw away extra millions right now. I'm happy to chance it. Last day could be exciting for us. I'd like Berahino and a solid DM

Yes, but not immediately without massively overpaying. We probably know roughly what they'll accept, but they won't do so until the very end of the window.

I know, I know its just frustrating I guess this game were going to play.

Getting him in this week would be such a massive boost for the club.

I know, I know its just frustrating I guess this game were going to play.

Getting him in this week would be such a massive boost for the club.

Here's hoping he is a success if we sign him! He could just as easily turn out to be a Michael Ricketts one season wonder!! :eek:

That's what the realist would say. But what's stopping WBA from thinking "If Man United get an injury to Rooney" or "If spurs get an injury to Kane and Clinton scores an own goal in his debut" I can get an extra couple of million. If that doesn't happen, I'll still sell but at least I got 2 extra weeks of this player available to give points to my team.

I used this analogy in the past, but if you're going to sell your house do you accept the first offer when the estate agent tells you some rich fool with more money than sense who has been known to pay in cash, up front and sometimes overpay just to get the deal done is interested and will put an offer in the next 2 weeks.

Again your spot on and I do realise we are unlikely to do a liverpool with Benteke and just pay what they want.

No issue with Wbrom squeezing the life out of this, its what we would do.

They clearly want to sell otherwise why else would you put out a statement saying 'We'll sell at the right price'. If you dont want to sell then you either say nothing or say that you're not selling

They've said previously that £25m is their price and, for a young english CF, that price is about right post add-ons. £20m rising to £25m based on appearances, goals etc and it should be done.

Wish we'd just get on with it. Make the offer and then sit on our hands if they dont accept

Again your spot on and I do realise we are unlikely to do a liverpool with Benteke and just pay what they want.

No issue with Wbrom squeezing the life out of this, its what we would do.

Absolutely. My guess is Berahino and his agents will start to be difficult and this is part of the negotiating tactic for him to relent on some of the loyalty bonus, as well as a way of guaging their fans reaction to him leaving. It will no doubt also lead to more than the £18m that we have apparently bid, so completely worth it from their perspective.

They clearly want to sell otherwise why else would you put out a statement saying 'We'll sell at the right price'. If you dont want to sell then you either say nothing or say that you're not selling

They've said previously that £25m is their price and, for a young english CF, that price is about right post add-ons. £20m rising to £25m based on appearances, goals etc and it should be done.

Wish we'd just get on with it. Make the offer and then sit on our hands if they dont accept

will be interesting to see if he starts vs Chelsea.

IF we are have serious interest in him, and IF it's feasible to get him, then I just hope that if we play the waiting game, and lose out on him, we have a very good plan b that we are 99.9% confident we can land, and who is going to make the grade and make a difference.
If not, my patience will start to wear thin with Levy etc.
I don't want to get into ticket prices etc, but sometimes it's worth a mention, because as soon as any criticism comes Levy's way, there's a lot of opinions from people who don't always appreciate this factor.
Not a dig at people who can't make games, for whatever reason, be it logistics, or any other circumstances, but the cost of tickets V "perceived" investment can be a large factor in some people's frustration (aka me!)

Do it Levy!

#noSaha #noRasiak

What do you think his true market value is and what would you class as overpaying?

15-18 mill is his true market value and anything over 20 mill is overpaying

so 19 mill and everyone should be happy:)

The only way we will get this done early is if we end up paying too much. I don't think Spurs can afford to throw away extra millions right now. I'm happy to chance it. Last day could be exciting for us. I'd like Berahino and a solid DM

yeah but now it looks like we are going to pay a lot anyway.

IF we are have serious interest in him, and IF it's feasible to get him, then I just hope that if we play the waiting game, and lose out on him, we have a very good plan b that we are 99.9% confident we can land, and who is going to make the grade and make a difference.
If not, my patience will start to wear thin with Levy etc.
I don't want to get into ticket prices etc, but sometimes it's worth a mention, because as soon as any criticism comes Levy's way, there's a lot of opinions from people who don't always appreciate this factor.
Not a dig at people who can't make games, for whatever reason, be it logistics, or any other circumstances, but the cost of tickets V "perceived" investment can be a large factor in some people's frustration (aka me!)

Do it Levy!

#noSaha #noRasiak

For what it is worth, I think the criticism will be warranted if we don't sign another striker. The problem is if the 0.01% happens, we won't know that it was 0.01% and think it was obvious! It's about faith in the club, and I do genuinely believe they want the club to do well and make more good decisions than mistakes.

For what it is worth, I think the criticism will be warranted if we don't sign another striker. The problem is if the 0.01% happens, we won't know that it was 0.01% and think it was obvious! It's about faith in the club, and I do genuinely believe they want the club to do well and make more good decisions than mistakes.

Hope so fella.. I really do.

Back