• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

This is just the PR part. By accounts we've made contact with both WBA and the player's agent a while ago.

i know contact has been made, i was talking about an actual real bid...........its all a Levy plan, lets see if he pulls it off

Surely we'll tell them to jog on with their Fazio bid now that they won't sell Berahino to us?

im sure they can find an alternative to Fazio quite easily. I dont think any threat using Fazio is going to work, there are defenders with his ability knocking around all the time

We are going to overpay for Berahino if we manage to agree a deal, thats for sure. Once at Spurs, we will have to see if he is able to cope with a massive unrealistic transfer fee on his head. Most players dont.

im sure they can find an alternative to Fazio quite easily. I dont think any threat using Fazio is going to work, there are defenders with his ability knocking around all the time

We are going to overpay for Berahino if we manage to agree a deal, thats for sure. Once at Spurs, we will have to see if he is able to cope with a massive unrealistic transfer fee on his head. Most players dont.

Agreed.And lets be honest, if a bigger team came to pick off one our gems you can trust Levy will fleece them for every last cent

You have to pay a premium for strikers in this day and age.

If that were the case, we wouldn't sign anyone! Any offer accepted by another club must have been "too good to turn down" unless they wanted rid of the player.
There are sensible transfer fees and there are chelscum,utd and city type fees.Berahino will be in the latter catergory and we just can't go there.

You have to pay a premium for strikers in this day and age.

well Berahino is technically a wing forward. If he was a top centre forward in the making, i could understand potentially paying 25 mill, but.................

anyway, at least the bidding has started now and not on Aug 31st so at least there is a bit of time to get something done

well Berahino is technically a wing forward. If he was a top centre forward in the making, i could understand potentially paying 25 mill, but.................

anyway, at least the bidding has started now and not on Aug 31st so at least there is a bit of time to get something done

Just because it's in the papers doesn't mean this is the first number we've given them. That's just a play being put on for the fans. Unless we give them something in the 25-30 million region, cash, this will drag out at least another week.

so for everyone concerned....how much do we want him? is he worth it?

whats the cut-off point you would pay for him?

wouldnt go any higher than 22m personally with some add-ons maybe to 25m.

Maybe it would be in our interests to play our cards early so we can move onto other targets if Wbrom play hardball.

Just because it's in the papers doesn't mean this is the first number we've given them. That's just a play being put on for the fans. Unless we give them something in the 25-30 million region, cash, this will drag out at least another week.

come on, its the first official bid. Dont you think if we had made a bid before then Peace would have let everyone know in order to get other clubs interested

Peace hasnt and wont do us any favours. He runs that club like Levy runs Spurs

What do you think his true market value is and what would you class as overpaying?

This has all the hallmarks of a deadline day deal for all parties. Brinkmanship all round.

What do you think his true market value is and what would you class as overpaying?

Divide any transfer fee by 1000 and make their weekly pay their annual pay and you have the true market value of any player.

However, money rules and £25m is probably his market value.

come on, its the first official bid. Dont you think if we had made a bid before then Peace would have let everyone know in order to get other clubs interested

Peace hasnt and wont do us any favours. He runs that club like Levy runs Spurs

Official or not makes little difference to our negotiations with them.

Now that City's interest has mysteriously vanished he'll be looking for other clubs to get involved. Even if nobody else comes in, they will at least have given the impression of trying to hold on to the player/getting the best price.

I can't see why West Brom would have made the bid public unless they were half-resigned to losing the player and are hoping to start a bidding war.

Back