• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

He got more than enough games. He played with Kane and was eventually dropped for being a deadweight.

I don't see where the love in comes from - a few nice passes a game does not constitute good link up play because he consistently got bullied by defenders, didn't hold it up well, looked very disinterested often and was a shambles in front of goal.

It's also odd that since being banished he is now seen as a hard working forward when he was even more lazy than ade. The guy was a disaster and poch had zero trust in him so that's not going to change. Worst signing ever for us by far
How do you know he was more lazy than Ade? Were you at training every day? As far as enough games, when you're not being played week in and week out and just get the odd sub appearance how are you expected to find your form? You ask where all the love comes from, but my question to you is where does all the hate come from? I didn't say we should keep him, but if he's still here next season, try to use him as best as possible.

He got more than enough games. He played with Kane and was eventually dropped for being a deadweight.

I don't see where the love in comes from - a few nice passes a game does not constitute good link up play because he consistently got bullied by defenders, didn't hold it up well, looked very disinterested often and was a shambles in front of goal.

It's also odd that since being banished he is now seen as a hard working forward when he was even more lazy than ade. The guy was a disaster and poch had zero trust in him so that's not going to change. Worst signing ever for us by far

I'd LOVE to see how you back that up...

A total of 792 mins of league play, most of which as a sub for 10-15 mins. Are you freaking joking??

And no need to get snippy. I'm just stating an opinion, not attacking anyone.

I'm not attacking anyone either...

However, to say he was not given a run of games is simply hogwash. The guy was a total and mitigated disaster from the first minute of the game against Crystal Palace in August 2013.

I can accept - even though I think they are misguided - opinions about his supposed workrate and team spirit. However to say that he hasn't been given enough games in the past two years to make an impact, is purely and simply an poor attempt to re-write history.

Reactions: DTA
I wish the likes of Stambouli has been given as many games as Soldado, and I have no dislike of Soldado and would have no problem if he is still here next season.

I wish the likes of Stambouli has been given as many games as Soldado, and I have no dislike of Soldado and would have no problem if he is still here next season.

I also have no dislike of the guy. He looks an honest, genuine family man and did not cause us any spot of trouble in two years. However I would have a major problem if he was here next season because, simply, he is not fit for purpose.

Reactions: DTA
He hasn't been given much of a run of games to get in the groove though, has he? Of course with Kane's form is unlikely he will, but what if Kane is played as a 10 with Bobby up front. Or even vice versa. If none of our striker targets pan out, it's worth a punt. What other Otis would we have. If Bobby is still on the books come September, might as well try and get the most out of him.

Run of games???
Soldado started 18/21 League games scoring one goal from open play until Sherwood rightly shafted him out of the team.
Do you not remember sitting through all this torture willing the guy on?

Berahino Going to sign in next 48 hours according to express for 15m

Defiantly worth giving him a go for £15m. I think that if he proves himself over 2-3 seasons he'll just push for a move away but in the short term if he and Kane can reproduce their form from last season then we'll have a couple of very good young strikers.

I like the look of berahino, but the problem being from the EPL is that he will be overpriced much more than the 15million quoted on here.

I like the look of berahino, but the problem being from the EPL is that he will be overpriced much more than the 15million quoted on here.
Only two years left if that on contract .. Dunno where clubs get figures for players but I suspect Spurs won't go above 20m for him

I think soldado was on paper a very good signing, at the time, based on his record with Valencia. But for whatever reason it has not worked out. The love imo is misplaced. He may be a nice guy but his return on the money spent must represent one of our poorest value for money signings. He is a class player, but if reports of talks with sevilla are true Poch does not share the faith of some of the posters. I would rather we got in a quality replacement like berahino than continue to flog a dead horse.

Back