• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

I like the look of berahino, but the problem being from the EPL is that he will be overpriced much more than the 15million quoted on here.

I know what you mean, but there are 5 things in our favour

1) no buyout clause
2) no real interest from other clubs
3) he has 2 years left on his contract, apparently not interested in signing a new one, so the clock is ticking and his value is diminishing
4) the club is for sale so the current owners might be more willing to do a quick deal
5) an unhappy Berahino will not be good for dressing room harmony

15 mill in the next 48 hrs done deal id say;)

I know what you mean, but there are 5 things in our favour

1) no buyout clause
2) no real interest from other clubs
3) he has 2 years left on his contract, apparently not interested in signing a new one, so the clock is ticking and his value is diminishing
4) the club is for sale so the current owners might be more willing to do a quick deal
5) an unhappy Berahino will not be good for dressing room harmony

15 mill in the next 48 hrs done deal id say;)

Hasn't this sale been halted??

they pulled out of a deal with the Chinese party because of time wasting, but the club is still for sale
Yeah, but there's no way a new buyer will be able to conclude a deal before the end of the transfer window, so you'd have to think the self-imposed transfer embargo will be lifted. Probably.

We should go to Daily Express' Facebook-account and start asking questions over their "Exclusive Berhaino signs for £15 million within the next 48 hours" if it doesnt' happen ;) Have anyone done that before, by the way? Or do papers in England just write what they want without anyone caring?

We should go to Daily Express' Facebook-account and start asking questions over their "Exclusive Berhaino signs for £15 million within the next 48 hours" if it doesnt' happen ;) Have anyone done that before, by the way? Or do papers in England just write what they want without anyone caring?

This

This, the problem is some still believe what they read and when it does not happen guess who gets the blame?

This, the problem is some still believe what they read and when it does not happen guess who gets the blame?
I've read enough english newspapers to know that a lot of it is bull****. But as I'm working as a sports journalist myself (local level), it's terrible to see papers (and journalists) do this year after year. Yeah, they need to sell newspapers, but I can't understand how people buy this crap when they know it's not true :(

I've read enough english newspapers to know that a lot of it is bull****. But as I'm working as a sports journalist myself (local level), it's terrible to see papers (and journalists) do this year after year. Yeah, they need to sell newspapers, but I can't understand how people buy this crap when they know it's not true :(
As a journalist you'll know it's about filling space, if there's nothing to report then write something to fill the space. When I first worked on a local the editor had a sign on the wall "Facts not Opinions", but we still published a lot of b*******

As a journalist you'll know it's about filling space, if there's nothing to report then write something to fill the space. When I first worked on a local the editor had a sign on the wall "Facts not Opinions", but we still published a lot of b*******
Are you serious?! Then you must have been terrible about planning more than some hours ahead.
We always have to plan a day or two before to know we can fill the pages. And of course also change the plans if you get some juicy news.
I can see it's a LONG way from Norway to England when it comes to professional pride as a sports journalist. The national newspapers and tv-stations sometimes speculates a bit too much, but even them do it very seldom - if at all - print bull****.

Well you know what they say " there is none so blind as those that can not see".

And therein lies the rub, because these online newspapers do not need to sell newspapers. Instead they get advertising revenue based on the number of hits they get on their websites. This in turn encourages outrageous headlines and totally made up stories. This is how they manipulate the news agenda (not just in the football sphere) in the 21st century

And therein lies the rub, because these online newspapers do not need to sell newspapers. Instead they get advertising revenue based on the number of hits they get on their websites. This in turn encourages outrageous headlines and totally made up stories. This is how they manipulate the news agenda (not just in the football sphere) in the 21st century

Can't wait for deadline day when Sky will tell us which moves are on, then off, then on again, then off again (repeat until midnight). In reality nothing even came close to happening.

I cannot see West Brom selling us Berahino for only £15 million. He is a PL proven, young, English goalscorer and these always (rightly IMO) have a premium attached. I think it would take a bid of £20 to £22 million for us to get him and I think the boy is worth every penny of that, considering his age and record so far for both West Brom and England under 21s.

Are you serious?! Then you must have been terrible about planning more than some hours ahead.
We always have to plan a day or two before to know we can fill the pages. And of course also change the plans if you get some juicy news.
I can see it's a LONG way from Norway to England when it comes to professional pride as a sports journalist. The national newspapers and tv-stations sometimes speculates a bit too much, but even them do it very seldom - if at all - print bull****.

On a local paper it was all about how much advertising space was sold the rest was just fillers and before the internet and mobile phones.

Can't wait for deadline day when Sky will tell us which moves are on, then off, then on again, then off again (repeat until midnight). In reality nothing even came close to happening.

Never been the same since Natalie Sawyer was replaced in yellow for the evening shift.

Back