• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

If we cant get him this window we will have missed the boat again, same as Benteke as he will be out of our reach soon if his development continues on its current course.

I do realise that bobby & ade are probably on somewhere between 170-190k between them in wages, so we need a resolution with one or both in order to move in the striker department....despite what I said earlier I know it isnt a simple case of 'do it levy, do it'

I have a feeling Austin is holding out on us making a move for him and I believe we are serious for Saido.

Saido really does look like an exceptionally gifted talent who will always score goals at this level, he's a young English striker, with versatility to play wide as well....this really is a no brainer for me.

between 15-20m is fine by me (trust me we really need a Bera-Kane partnership in our lives).

At our level not being the biggest financial bully's in the playground.....if we went into next season with Austin, Kane & Berahino that would be fudgeing amazing for us....a tweak in midfield also and I feel we would have an outside chance of top 4...though still tough are chances would improve immensely.

What's wrong with Bera, Kane and Bobby?

I really do think Bobby is 2 or 3 goals run from being that prolific striker he once was.

Can we please change the CD? I have been hearing that tune since the beginning of 2014

The guy is totally unsuited for the EPL; even the Doc was a better fit

Whats your view on Lamela?

Let's just say I am not one of his most ardent fans....

However faced with two turds on the RW, I would rid of the most smelly one and keep Lamela for one more season - especially IVO his age and occasional sparks last season; sparks which Soldado has never provided.

Compare his PL record to Sterling's, then compare the price, at £15m he's a snip.

Sterling's not a striker though, he's also been playing PL football since the age of 17 whereas Berahino started much later so was probably more ready to make an immediate impact. I don't think you need to play-down Sterling to praise Berahino, he's a good player in his own right and despite some saying he's overhyped because he's English, I imagine if there was an equivalent player in France, Germany, Spain etc who's young, pacey, versatile and scores goals then they'd be up for signing him.

I am not sure about Bera, but we desperately NEED someone in that department, so let's go for it. Any of our striker signings will have risks attached as we can't afford ( nor can we compete for ) the finished article, so we have to take a chance on someone. He seems as good a risk as anyone to me.

Last edited:
Can we please change the CD? I have been hearing that tune since the beginning of 2014

The guy is totally unsuited for the EPL; even the Doc was a better fit
He hasn't been given much of a run of games to get in the groove though, has he? Of course with Kane's form is unlikely he will, but what if Kane is played as a 10 with Bobby up front. Or even vice versa. If none of our striker targets pan out, it's worth a punt. What other Otis would we have. If Bobby is still on the books come September, might as well try and get the most out of him.

He hasn't been given much of a run of games to get in the groove though, has he? Of course with Kane's form is unlikely he will, but what if Kane is played as a 10 with Bobby up front. Or even vice versa. If none of our striker targets pan out, it's worth a punt. What other Otis would we have. If Bobby is still on the books come September, might as well try and get the most out of him.

He got more than enough games. He played with Kane and was eventually dropped for being a deadweight.

I don't see where the love in comes from - a few nice passes a game does not constitute good link up play because he consistently got bullied by defenders, didn't hold it up well, looked very disinterested often and was a shambles in front of goal.

It's also odd that since being banished he is now seen as a hard working forward when he was even more lazy than ade. The guy was a disaster and poch had zero trust in him so that's not going to change. Worst signing ever for us by far

Berahino drops deep alot and feeds the ball into the box to make runs off the ball which is perfect for Kane's hold up play. A combination of Kanes strength/Berahinos pace/both swapping positions with both being comfortable being in or out of the box plus eriksen will make us very unpredictable. Those 3 pretty much give us everything

Back