• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Asap. He spoke to Poch yesterday and said he needs first team football. Looks like Poch realises this too.

I'm quite shocked at that, thought he'd happily be a bit part player, playing for a club like Spurs, living in London picking up a nice wage...

I know I would be !

Asap. He spoke to Poch yesterday and said he needs first team football. Looks like Poch realises this too.
Fair enough. I think it would be not quite the right thing for Spurs, but certainly the right thing for Ryan. He needs regular first team football at the stage of his career that he is now at. Spending another season at Spurs, making substitute cameos and filling in here and there in event of injuries/suspensions isn't the right thing for a 25 year old player on the fringes of the England squad. From our own point of view I think Mason's ceiling as a player is one who fulfills that exact sort of role for us, so it is better for us to take the money and try to fill that role with a younger player that we hope has a higher ceiling.

I wish Ryan lots of luck in his future career and will always applaud him when he returns to WHL in the future.

I'll be sorry to see him go though it is the right choice for his footballing career IMO. He's been pretty unlucky with injuries and whatnot. I just feel we never got to see the best of him because of that, maybe in a role a bit further up the pitch. Anyway I wish him luck.

Only to make room for even better ones mate :)
As long as we keep our identity and continue to promote from the academy. When we spent the Bale money on randoms, and even years ago when we had a similar splurge at the start of the Santini era, I've never felt so disconnected from the club.
Once the kids came in, I really feel like you have someone to get behind. Maybe I'm just getting old.... :)

As long as we keep our identity and continue to promote from the academy. When we spent the Bale money on randoms, and even years ago when we had a similar splurge at the start of the Santini era, I've never felt so disconnected from the club.
Once the kids came in, I really feel like you have someone to get behind. Maybe I'm just getting old.... :)

The difference now to then is we have a bit of a conveyor belt of talent coming through at the moment.

It's for this reason why I respect what appears to be the clubs decision to promote from within rather than go after the umtiti, bazoer, tielemens, batyushi type signings I was calling for at the beginning of the summer.

I think that we might sign more players but I do not see the sense in replacing Mason or Bentaleb when we have Winks and Onomah waiting in the wings.

Carroll needs to go too really imo otherwise they will still find game time at a premium.

I'm happy with a midfield of dier, wanyama, dembele, winks, onamah, alli, eriksen, lamela, son and n'koudou

The difference now to then is we have a bit of a conveyor belt of talent coming through at the moment.

It's for this reason why I respect what appears to be the clubs decision to promote from within rather than go after the umtiti, bazoer, tielemens, batyushi type signings I was calling for at the beginning of the summer.
Totally agree. You need a mix. It's no coincidence we started to get good when we played people who actually gave a brick, and weren't just using us as a stepping stone to Madrid!

(Or Hull, ahem!).

I'm quite shocked at that, thought he'd happily be a bit part player, playing for a club like Spurs, living in London picking up a nice wage...

I know I would be !

He doesn't live in London he actually lives in the former house of an ex arsenal player!

Anyway, first team football is what he needs but he also wants to play #10 so presumably whoever he joins will play him there. I'm looking forward to him showing what he can truly do playing further forward.

He doesn't live in London he actually lives in the former house of an ex arsenal player!

Anyway, first team football is what he needs but he also wants to play #10 so presumably whoever he joins will play him there. I'm looking forward to him showing what he can truly do playing further forward.

Think that position will see him go from strength to strength.

Im going to probe, as why not!.... Has he said anything about the situation with Tom Carroll or Bentaleb? Guess they are in not dissimilar positions to Ryan.

So he lives in Paul Mersons repossessed pad in Walsall then? Surprised!

Im going to probe, as why not!.... Has he said anything about the situation with Tom Carroll or Bentaleb? Guess they are in not dissimilar positions to Ryan.

Bentalebs already been told he can go I believe

Bentalebs attitude is all wrong. Given a chance to impress in Italy a last chance saloon.

If he goes then He goes with my blessing
In Poch we trust even if I don't agree with his calls

Hope Mason gets over his injuries ASAP

Bentalebs attitude is all wrong. Given a chance to impress in Italy a last chance saloon.

what do you mean here Roy? reads like he's getting a loan rather than the permanent transfer to Schalke which has been reported recently

12 mill for Ryan Mason?

giphy.gif

what do you mean here Roy? reads like he's getting a loan rather than the permanent transfer to Schalke which has been reported recently

There's been ITK from the Goat today saying Bentaleb demanded that Poch played him or he would get his agent to look at his options.

There's been ITK from the Goat today saying Bentaleb demanded that Poch played him or he would get his agent to look at his options.

ive heard myself that he's got a bit of an entourage wrapped round him that isn't really giving him the best advice (well with regards to from our perspective anyway)

was expecting him to be sold as per the Schalke rumors and Poch saying he wasnt part of his plans but Roys post reads like he's gonna get a loan move, with the slim prospect of there being a way back for him

ive heard myself that he's got a bit of an entourage wrapped round him that isn't really giving him the best advice (well with regards to from our perspective anyway)

was expecting him to be sold as per the Schalke rumors and Poc saying he wasnt part of his plans but Roys post reads like he's gonna get loan move with the slim prospect of there being a way back for him

I think that prospect is very slim. Might just be the club hoping a decent season on loan can entice bigger offers.

I think that prospect is very slim. Might just be the club hoping a decent season on loan can entice bigger offers.

that would be the most likely scenario i guess - also heard his wages/wage demands are scaring off bidders and we've only been getting loan offers, that was prior to the Schalke interest, mind

Back