• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

How very dare you....
I mean I was a big critic of lamella and thought he should have been flogged and hung out to dry....

Smarter people than me who see him train every day clearly disagreed and low and behold what we have now is a real player akin to the one I saw at Roma - I was wrong

I just don't get with Mason and why any one would focus and criticise him for being a hard working squad player. He does what he does and tried every game. Imagine if Chadli with his clear talent put in Masons effort...

we've all done it, I didn't fancy Kane and wanted rid of Demebele last summer

I meant age, rather than injury (which happily seems to have cleared up). He's 29 now. Which is 4 years older than any other player in our front 9 (i.e. not GKs or CBs). Would he still be able to press sufficiently for the system at 31 say?
Neither Xavi or Iniesta seemed to have a problem doing so at 31.

Thinking about this thread I can only assume it's because of boredom or because of the lack of bad things going on or transfer rumours

We have the strongest most settled squad in some time. Even when the press try to unsettle us with the flimflam eriksen rumour it gets knocked back directly by the player

We should embrace this and enjoy it and revel in the balance and harmony in the set up.

Last edited:
Thinking about this thread I can only assume it's because word boredom because of the lack of bad this guy going on or transfer rumours
N01kC.gif

Gutterboy you really do your position no favors by making things as black and white as you do or taking everything to such extremes - "Masons our most creative player" "most intelligent player since Hoddle" "Bentaleb the best DM prospect in Europe" etc it's pointless, most of this negativity towards Mason has come about because you talk him up way beyond what he has actually shown - which considering your position on the subject of statistical analysis vs personal bias couldn't be more contradictory as you show more bias when rating the players you like/dislike than anyone I have ever seen on here

It's not his negativity that has brought me to my opinion , it's more that when he plays he is not as effective as our other midfield players. He doesn't provide the strength shown by Dembele, the creativity that Eriksen brings (when in form of course) and he conceeds possession far too easily for me mainly with misplaced passes. As I have said before, many people mistake running hard and desire with effectiveness. Micheal Brown was like this but he was a limited player who did a job at a time when we needed him. This is all IMO, you're entitled to yours.

Looks like some of you may be getting your wish. £12m bid on the table not sure who from. He wants first team football.

Looks like some of you may be getting your wish. £12m bid on the table not sure who from. He wants first team football.

Its probably best for all partys, he will not get regular first team football here and at 25 he needs to play. As for us Poch could use the 12 million to upgrade that place.

Winko (good nickname) looks a cut above to me!

Good luck to Ryan hope he does well!

Onomah is the other one who should benefit from Mason and Bentaleb moving on.

Agreed on Mason. I like him, he's a decent player who hasn't got the breaks. I could understand him wanting first team football and think he'll do well if he gets regular games.

Perhaps he knows Dembele's on the cusp of his physical decline and might not be up to the incredible demands of a Poch midfielder for much longer?

So if you are not slagging of Wanyama it is Dembele, or you are saying we do not need Toby because we have Fazio, or you are telling us we should not sign Poch because he is not good enough yet you are ready to battle to the death over Mason. You my dear man are one of a kind

Onomah is the other one who should benefit from Mason and Bentaleb moving on.

Agreed on Mason. I like him, he's a decent player who hasn't got the breaks. I could understand him wanting first team football and think he'll do well if he gets regular games.

I wish Mason well

So the consensus is we won't replace Mason because of the quality talents coming through?

So if this N'koudou deal ever happens that's likely to be the end of our outfield business.

With all the fringe players going I think we have a good shout of having upgraded the squad this summer whilst making a small profit.

Blimey. Great ITK Roy! You the man.

Personally, sorry to see a home grown player going. I've really enjoyed seeing them all coming through in the last couple of years, but now one by one they are going.

Back