• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

I'll be sorry to see Ryan go and wish him all the best. Unfortunately for him he is not going to get the first team starting place he seemingly wants and in many ways it reflects well on him that he wants to pursue first team opportunities elsewhere rather than settle for being a squad player/bench warmer. Can't have any issue with ambition if he has approached it in the right way with Poch.
Last season's injuriess do seem to have prevented a number of our players pushing on to the next level with us. Pritchard, Bentaleb (although maybe other issues there as we'll), and now Mason. As well as a rumoured loan-to-buy move for N'Jie and today's unconfirmed stoiries about Son. It just shows how precarious the career of a pro footballer can be when injury strikes. Mason kick started our season last year with his goal against Sunderland but was injured in the process. Would things have been different for him if he had not been injured in that game? Maybe not in the long term, but his commitment to the club cannot be questioned. Hence I wish him well and will look out for how he progresses.

I'll be sorry to see Ryan go and wish him all the best. Unfortunately for him he is not going to get the first team starting place he seemingly wants and in many ways it reflects well on him that he wants to pursue first team opportunities elsewhere rather than settle for being a squad player/bench warmer. Can't have any issue with ambition if he has approached it in the right way with Poch.
Last season's injuriess do seem to have prevented a number of our players pushing on to the next level with us. Pritchard, Bentaleb (although maybe other issues there as we'll), and now Mason. As well as a rumoured loan-to-buy move for N'Jie and today's unconfirmed stoiries about Son. It just shows how precarious the career of a pro footballer can be when injury strikes. Mason kick started our season last year with his goal against Sunderland but was injured in the process. Would things have been different for him if he had not been injured in that game? Maybe not in the long term, but his commitment to the club cannot be questioned. Hence I wish him well and will look out for how he progresses.
Well said. Thanks for saving me from having to post much the same.

Sad to see one of our own go.
I'm sure he'd have been more liable to stay and do his bit as a second string player if he had have got more support from fans.
I think he can do a lot better than Hull.

I'm sure he'd have been more liable to stay and do his bit as a second string player if he had have got more support from fans.
Perhaps the lure of drinking cider with Tommy Hud and being with Daws and Jake proved too much.

At 25, I'd understand him wanting regular football. He wont ever get that at Spurs. I like the guy, but he's no longer a kid so can understand it being best for all if he moves on

So all those Mason haters have to admit he's going to a club higher than us in the league, therefore to a club that this season is more successful than us. Ha!

See where you are going, but that maybe a leap of logic too far! But some should temper thier tinkle take of Hull!

Sad to see him go. Much like society in general, a lot of people's opinions are based on a goldfish like mentality and also preconceived ideas about what is and isn't hot. Some people never liked him because he wasn't fancy and many based their stats and opinions mainly on last year where he struggled after bad injuries. Before he got injured last year he looked very decent and the season before he had some really impressive performances. when confident he looked good on the ball and when he wasn't, he could be scratchy at times. However he put 100% in, worked hard, cared and made some excellent runs.

12m is a good price and it will free up space for Winks. Slightly frustrating to see some back their house on Winks that he's ready, when he's completely unproven at this level (I've seen him play several times for our youth as well). It is a risk by Poch with the more high profile games we will play this year, but I think it makes sense and fingers crossed this goes well. With Bentelab gone we look light in this area but hopefully with Poch's system and confidence our kids really step up - nothing would please me more.

Good luck to him, can understand the decision on both sides and I will be sad to lose one of our own... one other point - he is better than Hull.

Back