• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

A grade 3 hamstring tear will keep him out at least till December. Might as well just leave it and sign him for free on 1 February.

Has the extent of this injury actually been publicly confirmed? It seems to be quoted on here as fact now.

Given we tend to be cautious in the transfer market, I think you can assume that if this deal goes through this week then the injury isn't too bad. Personally I do hope it happens, somewhat regardless of the injury, given that as I've said before I think he can be Dembele's successor and given that Dembele might not last many more seasons, I'd prefer we secure that successor sooner rather than later

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Has the extent of this injury actually been publicly confirmed? It seems to be quoted on here as fact now.

Given we tend to be cautious in the transfer market, I think you can assume that if this deal goes through this week then the injury isn't too bad. Personally I do hope it happens, somewhat regardless of the injury, given that as I've said before I think he can be Dembele's successor and given that Dembele might not last many more seasons, I'd prefer we secure that successor sooner rather than later

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There's no way in a millions year Barkley will ever be a CM. He hasn't got a defensive bone in his body and his positioning is all over the place. At best he'd be mediocre cover for Alli just off the CF. But never a CM

Last edited:
There's no way in a millions year Barkley will ever be a CM. He hasn't got a defensive bone in his body and his positioning is all over the place. At best he'd be mediocre cover for Alli just off the CF. But never a CM

We should book-mark this post for a year or two time once Poch starts playing him in CM. I'm not sure that many would have said that Dembele would be a top class CM when he started as a CF. I think Barkley could be a top class addition for us in the Dembele role

I reckon it's going to be a deadline day Jim a White special, similar to the Sissoko Everton/Spurs debacle!

I've got the day off (working from home) so can't wait!

Of course it is, Levy is calling Everton's bluff, take what we offer now or nothing in January/Summer for an injured player that doesn't want to play for you.

As he should, no one else is truly interested, the player seems to want to come to us, Everton could save themselves some headache by letting the player go (as we are doing with Wimmer) at a reasonable compromise.

A grade 3 hamstring tear will keep him out at least till December. Might as well just leave it and sign him for free on 1 February.

Once again - please provide a credible source that this is the case.

Previously you had only a random Times/Telegraph article, at which time Koeman himself said they didnt know the damage and further tests were pending.

Have you found anything since?

If not it would be better if you didnt keep stating as fact he will be out until December.

As it is, it is even possible its a very 'convenient' injury to keep him out of the squad pending a transfer. I could state this as fact, repeat it endlessly, with just as validity as your statements above, but I wont because its only speculation ;)

Two so-called ITKs on an Everton forum:

Ross had another op last week its a bad injury he has.

Been told he wants to stay. Not sure fully on whether he signs a new deal or till he sees out his remaining contract term but seems happy to carry on.

The Standard are claiming we are considering delaying our move for him and the latest attention seeker ITK to join Spurs Community has responded.

Hercules: Standard is bang on. Still possible under our terms. But "too much smoke for there not to be a fire". That is a message I received from as close as you can get to the situation.

I just don't see how Everton spend 3 months getting him fit and he just walks out of the door from a human relationship prespective or a financial presspective.He will sign a new contract and they will sell him for close to his market value.This should have been tied up 2 months ago.

I just don't see how Everton spend 3 months getting him fit and he just walks out of the door from a human relationship prespective or a financial presspective.He will sign a new contract and they will sell him for close to his market value.This should have been tied up 2 months ago.

He will be getting fit whatever happens.
Everton have ATM an asset worth around £30m when fit on 1 year contract.
Today in prospective buyers eye; probably around £15m tops due to injury (risk)
Its just a sliding scale as to his value over time (length left on contract) and fitness at a given point.
Today not fit he's worth X
December fit he worth Y

Guesses
Now as is £15m!
Chelsea will pay slightly more if the are truly interested which I'm not so sure of.

Its football. Thats how it goes. Everybody knows and understands "the game" and so I doubt it is really an issue.

They offered a contract, he refused. The injury is incidental.

For what its worth, I think this has backfired on Koeman. I think - opinion only - he went in and immediately played a hard line with Barkley as a means of exerting his authority. "Sign or fudge off" was basically his stance from the get go. Understandably thats put Barkleys head elsewhere and here we are. Everton have spent a fortune replacing Barkley, arguably with inferior players, and for what? Koeman could have played this much sweeter and been a hell of a lot better off...

Back