• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Intelligence is the big missing piece though. He's a no brainer (literally)

People were saying the same thing about Lamela . Like Lamela , Barkley has good vision hence the high number of chances created . So not sure where the lack of intelligence comes from. just not the standard sideways passing English midfielder.

Very subjective quality that cannot be proved or disproved. Would love to get him but not confident, think we have left it too late..

Come on Levy get this one done, it feels like Barkley is our major target this summer and I'd be disappointed if Chelsea enter late and snap him up. I reckon he'd prove to be a excellent signing with someone like Poch developing him.

Come on Levy get this one done, it feels like Barkley is our major target this summer and I'd be disappointed if Chelsea enter late and snap him up. I reckon he'd prove to be a excellent signing with someone like Poch developing him.

Or.............

Let just see what happens.

What if Pochettino thinks he'd be a good signing for £20m, but not if we have to pay £30m?

Poch has just said in answer to a question about Sanchez that " the price paid has got nothing to do with him " ( i.e. Poch). Quite right too. His role, together with his team, is to identify the players he wants for the squad. It is Levy and the financial team to negotiate the deals.

Poch has just said in answer to a question about Sanchez that " the price paid has got nothing to do with him " ( i.e. Poch). Quite right too. His role, together with his team, is to identify the players he wants for the squad. It is Levy and the financial team to negotiate the deals.

Not convinced that what he says in press conferences is the full and honest story.

I would expect the footballing side of the transfer team/committee to have some input on what they think a player is worth in this market. Anything else would seem like a considerable error from our side as their considerable knowledge on this isn't being used.

Once the player is signed I think it's fair for Pochettino to downplay the importance of the fee as a general strategy. And to distance himself from the fee and focus on the quality and potential actually shown from different players. I think that's what we're seeing, not a glimpse behind the curtains of how transfers are done at the club.

With a combination of injury and no preseason if we did sign him he probably would not be available to start until October/November, any bid more than £15m is too much

dec jan at the earliest i would have thought .Expect to see headline that he had signed a new contract as much as any other headline.Who will blink first Everton or Levy.

With a combination of injury and no preseason if we did sign him he probably would not be available to start until October/November, any bid more than £15m is too much

A grade 3 hamstring tear will keep him out at least till December. Might as well just leave it and sign him for free on 1 February.

A grade 3 hamstring tear will keep him out at least till December. Might as well just leave it and sign him for free on 1 February.

Maybe we should have considered other options, because October / November will not be easy for us especially with Dele's 3 game CL suspension

I think Son and Lamela (due back soon hopefully) give us enough options in the short term. Edwards and hopefully Sancho for the medium-to-long. I could even see Sancho coming in and doing an Alli.

I think Son and Lamela (due back soon hopefully) give us enough options in the short term. Edwards and hopefully Sancho for the medium-to-long. I could even see Sancho coming in and doing an Alli.

Agree about Sancho but we need an injection of talent that can play now

Back